Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-03-2012, 17:04   #46
yummymummy1979

Eligability

Hi,

Quick question someone may be able to answer. When we applied for FIS I put on form I was receiving part-time JA, for 2 days per week, I signed off this week I made FIS application, but just wondering because I put it on application form, will I automatically be turned down for FIS or will they check to see I am no longer in receipt of this?

Thanks
Advertisement
26-03-2012, 20:18   #47
yabadabado

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummymummy1979 View Post
Hi,

Quick question someone may be able to answer. When we applied for FIS I put on form I was receiving part-time JA, for 2 days per week, I signed off this week I made FIS application, but just wondering because I put it on application form, will I automatically be turned down for FIS or will they check to see I am no longer in receipt of this?

Thanks
They will check it out for you,it wont mean you will automatically refused.
You didnt need to sign off either,you could have stay on the casual JA and FIS would have decided if you were better off getting JA or FIS.
27-03-2012, 09:35   #48
nasher 1982

Working on the 17th November today
27-03-2012, 11:44   #49
yummymummy1979

Thanks so much for reply Yabadabado. That puts my mind at ease. Hoping to see some money in by next Thursday, well needed now.
27-03-2012, 14:37   #50
wmpdd3

our application was received on the 10th of nov
i got a letter monday, dated the 15th of march refusing fis.

we were refused as the lady said we would be better off if myself and the kids were on my partner's BTEA claim.

i still dont get it.

if you add my wages and his btea per week together its no where near €606....

we have no other income.

i called them yesterday but the babies were crying and i had to hang up so ill try again today.

EDIT: got through to them again today, they were very helpful.

The income they have for me is based on the previous 43 weeks, including when i had a full time job!!

this amount is €100 more than i have been earning since last july.

This average puts us €15 over €606 per week....

So I have to re-apply again, now as we are entitled, its 43 weeks since i had a full time job.

it seems in this case, the advice given to me from the citizens information office was wrong...

does my employer fill out the form when im on maternity leave? Im not back till june.

Last edited by wmpdd3; 27-03-2012 at 14:58.
Advertisement
27-03-2012, 17:40   #51
yabadabado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpdd3 View Post
our application was received on the 10th of nov
i got a letter monday, dated the 15th of march refusing fis.

we were refused as the lady said we would be better off if myself and the kids were on my partner's BTEA claim.

i still dont get it.

if you add my wages and his btea per week together its no where near €606....

we have no other income.

i called them yesterday but the babies were crying and i had to hang up so ill try again today.

EDIT: got through to them again today, they were very helpful.

The income they have for me is based on the previous 43 weeks, including when i had a full time job!!

this amount is €100 more than i have been earning since last july.

This average puts us €15 over €606 per week....

So I have to re-apply again, now as we are entitled, its 43 weeks since i had a full time job.

it seems in this case, the advice given to me from the citizens information office was wrong...

does my employer fill out the form when im on maternity leave? Im not back till june.
Your employer needs to fill out the application with the info from the last 4 weeks before you went on maternity,then there is an average worked out between Mat leave and wages.

I would ring the person who refused you before you summit the new application and ask can you send it direct to them,it usually means it will not take as long to process it.

I have found that citizens information often given bad advice or are just not that familiar with certain schemes.TBH I would ask questions on this site quicker than go to the citizens info offices.
Thanks from:
27-03-2012, 18:46   #52
wmpdd3

Thanks for your help, i'm def going to apply asap.
Oh god if i call that poor lady again!! Ill call her tomorrow and ask if i can post it to her. Its a balls though as HR is in Aisa.
Not sure how long the form will take to come back this time...
29-03-2012, 08:41   #53
Liz23

Another week gone by and still nothing! I can't believe it, it' heading into 22 weeks of waiting now. This really is not on! Bills building up, and well as my stress level!
29-03-2012, 10:56   #54
yellbell

FIS Claim

I rang today and was told they are working 17th November and my date is the 18th so should be dealt with next week!!!
Advertisement
29-03-2012, 11:54   #55
Liz23

Rang on Monday, was told then they were working on the 17th. I was the 11th. Processing that. But could take another few weeks! Does anybody know what d reason might be??

Last edited by Liz23; 29-03-2012 at 12:00.
29-03-2012, 17:01   #56
yabadabado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz23 View Post
Rang on Monday, was told then they were working on the 17th. I was the 11th. Processing that. But could take another few weeks! Does anybody know what d reason might be??
You must have been given wrong information as they are definitely working on claims with a start date of 17/11/11.
Your claim would be counted as a 17 November claim as payments only start from the first Thursday after the application is received in the FIS department.11/11/11 was a Friday so that would be then 17/11/11.

Do you have your acknowledgement letter to double check the date?
29-03-2012, 17:05   #57
Liz23

Do you have your acknowledgement letter to double check the date?[/Quote]

Yes, that's the date. That explains a bit more! Thanks!
29-03-2012, 18:01   #58
yummymummy1979

Im the same. App registered on 16th nov. Anyone know how long it takes from being processed to getting some money?
29-03-2012, 21:06   #59
yabadabado

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummymummy1979 View Post
Im the same. App registered on 16th nov. Anyone know how long it takes from being processed to getting some money?
2 days for it to go into the bank account.
29-03-2012, 22:06   #60
amybee11

Hi all just wndering I am a single parent but not claiming loan parents as trying to work thngs out does this mean I will be refused fis and told to apply for loan parents?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion