Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 yummymummy1979

I'm praying mine is in tomorrow, I have bills up to my eyeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Rang just now. Was told they r on the 22nd of November
    That means payments run from 24/11/11.Thats the best date to work off as some dates will have huge differences in the volume of claims but the weekly date(Thursday) will always be fairly similar.

I'm praying mine is in tomorrow, I have bills up to my eyeballs.

First time applications can go into the bank any day of the week,its always 2 working days after the date it was processed and then a Thursday after that.
    You should check your bank a/c as it often goes into the a/c before the letter is received.

yabadabado wrote: »
    That means payments run from 24/11/11.Thats the best date to work off as some dates will have huge differences in the volume of claims but the weekly date(Thursday) will always be fairly similar.

Just checked, nothing there. Was told last Monday 2nd April that app was with deciding officer, but nothing since.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Liz23

[

Just checked, nothing there. Was told last Monday 2nd April that app was with deciding officer, but nothing since.:(

I personally don't understand what takes so long! Surely u r either entitled to it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Guzz

yabadabado, if my date is the 2nd of dec, does that mean as this is a friday, il have to wait till the following thurs 8th of dec, for my claim to be looked at??

Liz23 wrote: »
    I personally don't understand what takes so long! Surely u r either entitled to it or not.
    If claims were straightforward that would be the case but they're not.Also there is a huge backlog of claims.
    Guzz wrote: »
    yabadabado, if my date is the 2nd of dec, does that mean as this is a friday, il have to wait till the following thurs 8th of dec, for my claim to be looked at??

No,it will be looked at when they reach the claims registered on the 2/12/11 but your first payment date is from 8/12/11.

I get all that,but, from my point of view I left wondering what will we do for the week, if nothing comes through tomorrow. I don't want to ring them again to fine out!

I get all that,but, from my point of view I left wondering what will we do for the week, if nothing comes through tomorrow. I don't want to ring them again to fine out!
    Look at it like this.if there are 400 claims for the 24/11/11 and they are all crap with nothing straightforward,it is gonna take much longer to process a date compared to a date where there are fewer claims.
    Its nearly impossible to give someone a exact date as to when their claim will be processed because no one knows what claims will be like until each one is gone through individually.every claim is different and there are no set figures as to the amount each applicant receives,only income limits.

Checked bank, nothing there, so rang FIS. Told my application has been approved, however with supervised as the amount involved is quite large. That's all great and everything, but what do we do for this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 cheyni

I'm the same date as you. Can u let me know if u hear anything . N il do the same :)

Will do Nasher... Still not heard anything from them though.. How about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 nasher 1982

cheyni wrote: »
    I'm the same date as you. Can u let me know if u hear anything . N il do the same :)

Will do Nasher... Still not heard anything from them though.. How about you?
    Nothing. I'm guessing next wk. Very latest the wk after

I got one weeks payment today, absolutely over the moon. My app was registered on 16th Nov, so you guys should be soon. Anyone know when arrears come thru?, although I'm not too worried, just delighted to know Il have money coming in every week and we can start to get on top of some of these bills. We will use back payment to pay off some arrears owed on our mortgage, keep the bank off our backs for a while :D:)

I got one weeks payment today, absolutely over the moon. My app was registered on 16th Nov, so you guys should be soon. Anyone know when arrears come thru?, although I'm not too worried, just delighted to know Il have money coming in every week and we can start to get on top of some of these bills. We will use back payment to pay off some arrears owed on our mortgage, keep the bank off our backs for a while :D:)

It usually goes out with the first/second payment unless there is arrears to be held to pay back the health board or other DSP schemes.If there is money to be held to repay other schemes it can take longer.Majority of claims it within 2 payments.

Nothing. I'm guessing next wk. Very latest the wk after

My Hubby rang yesterday and was told they are now dealing with 19th November claims - it was 18th Nov claimants for the last 2 weeks.. Looks like we could be waiting another few weeks... Got our daughters confirmation on 28th, was really hoping we would have it here by then as money is so tight at the moment. Not looking hopeful now :(

They are working on 23/11/11 claims.Any other info is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

They are working on 23/11/12 claims.Any other info is wrong.

Wow, now that IS efficient :eek:

julyjane wrote: »
    Wow, now that IS efficient :eek:
    :o
    23/11/11

It was the 22nd the other day. Yabadooo says the 23rd now. He/she seems to always be bang on :) so hopefully not long :)

Any news ? I rang there. Was just told il hear something soon

• Advertisement

Hubby rang and told he should hear something in next few days too... Fingers crossed !!

cheyni wrote: »
    Hubby rang and told he should hear something in next few days too... Fingers crossed !!
    Will let u know Thursday if I get anything or not

• Registered Users Posts: 6 newly82

my date is 17th nov i rang today told me claim going to supervisir take 1-2 week.

newly82 wrote: »
    my date is 17th nov i rang today told me claim going to supervisir take 1-2 week.

Oh your kidding me? They told my hubby yesterday they were dealing with 23rd November claims.. We have confirmation next week and really hoping to have it by then.. Not looking good though :mad:

Just wondering does anybody know how long a claim that has been granted, will be with a senior official to write off on??

It has been there since the 11th,
    looks like payment will not be processed for this week agin!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We applied for FIS at the start of March, my husband as he is working and I am on Jobseekers.

Can anyone tell me what happens if I get a job? Do I notify them? Do I wait until the claim is processed and the back date paid and then sign off? How does it work?

Goes to supervisor when over 2000. I know that's great, but looks like we all need it now. 23 weeks this week.
    Does that mean the majority of claims now have to be signed off on now? I can imagine most claims are over the threshold, Making the wait longer.

Goes to supervisor when over 2000. I know that's great, but looks like we all need it now. 23 weeks this week.
    Does that mean the majority of claims now have to be signed off on now? I can imagine most claims are over the threshold, Making the wait longer.

I wouldn't think the majority goes to a supervisor.If a claim is waiting 23 weeks to be done it would mean only people awarded €87 or more per week would need to be checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Guzz

Anyone know are they still on the 23/11/11???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Are renewals also taking 20 weeks to process or is it faster than that?
    Thanks

Advertisement