Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Is Gay Marriage a threat to humanity itself?
Yes 90 14.06%
No 491 76.72%
Atari Excommunicated Jaguar 59 9.22%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

10-01-2012, 01:33   #46
Wereghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemac1 View Post
Ridiculous
Factually incorrect, perhaps; but not ridiculous, IMO. They have extreme right-wing Catholicism in common, and Pope Ben's casuistry regarding gay marriage is the kind of thing you'd expect to hear from a tyrannical regime, eg that of Robert Mugabe (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ay-rights.html)

Last edited by Wereghost; 10-01-2012 at 01:52.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-01-2012, 01:38   #47
Bannasidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGAR View Post

I am awaiting the swarms of locusts with baited breath.

Excellent. I've had this recipe for locust bread for years but could never get the ingredients. Wonder if you can freeze it?
(2) thanks from:
10-01-2012, 01:47   #48
Esel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieC View Post
Shoit.. I've been saying Holy sea all these years.. what an idiot
Ah no, Dougal. Sure then you'd have Holy Seamen all over the plaice. I prefer tartare sauce, to be honest.
10-01-2012, 01:48   #49
TheZohanS
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by later10 View Post
In fairness it's not a pope's nor a priest's job to merely reflect the opinions of society. They're there to further and perpetuate their ideals and they are perfectly entitled to do so. In fairness to Ratzinger, he is only being honest about Roman Catholic dogma in condemning homosexuality. We can't blame him for that.

The real people who deserve criticism are the minions who fill his pews and give him his megaphone to hate and condemn.
It's up to the pope to study and interpret the bible, there are plenty of Christian religions, German Lutheran for example, that accept gay people and gay relationships.
10-01-2012, 01:54   #50
the_syco
Syco Kitteh

Quote:
Originally Posted by efb View Post
Joe Ratzinger
I'm sure his cult of protecting the peado priests has done a better job at destroying families than a couple of gays have ever done.
Advertisement
10-01-2012, 01:54   #51
later12
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZohan View Post
there are plenty of Christian religions, German Lutheran for example, that accept gay people and gay relationships.
Yes, and Quakers and Anglicans (the latter to a lesser extent) too; but I didn't say anything about Christians in general.

The Pope is the head of the Roman Catholic church. There are lots of alternatives out there for Roman Catholics, but that is Roman Catholic dogma. Sadly, some people see their future within that church regardless.

Quote:
It's up to the pope to study and interpret the bible,
Not according to the Roman Catholic Church, which is less dependent on the bible than other sects. The RCC suggests that his role is to rule on moral law and Catholic dogma within the Roman Catholic church; he's not just some Sunday school teacher, but an infallible representative of God (they say).
10-01-2012, 02:01   #52
Min
Closed Account

Not having gay marriage in law is not discrimination.

Are gay couples going to say that now that nature itself must change as it discriminates against them when it comes to having children that are biologically from both of the gay couple?

I think the threat is everyone feeling they have some right to this, that and the other, that all traditions must be swept out, otherwise these new discriminations are invented as everything must be homogenised.

It is gone to the point where allowing a difference is now seen as discrimination, though gay couples will never say nature discriminated against them when it came to having biological children from of the same sex couple.

The church gets it's teaching on homosexuality from the bible where it states homosexual sex is a sin. The church will not change it's view as the bible will not be changing it's text, just as the rules of nature only allow for human life to be created naturally via a male/female relationship, to some that may be discrimination but it is no different to Pope Benedict being against gay marriage when the rules of the bible only allow for male/female marriage.

So the Pope thinks there will be consequences, according to the bible there was in the past.
People are making a mountain out of a molehill, read the bible and it is clear that sex outside of marriage is not allowed and also homosexual sex is not allowed. Put that and what the bible said happened in Sodom and Gomorrah together and it is clear the Catholic church is sticking to the teaching of the bible unlike someother Christian faiths.

Anyway, the world is in a mess and it's getting worse, whether that is due to how society has gone is another matter.
10-01-2012, 02:09   #53
efb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min View Post

Are gay couples going to say that now that nature itself must change as it discriminates against them when it comes to having children that are biologically from both of the gay couple?

I think the threat is everyone feeling they have some right to this, that and the other, that all traditions must be swept out, otherwise these new discriminations are invented as everything must be homogenised.

It is gone to the point where allowing a difference is now seen as discrimination, though gay couples will never say nature discriminated against them when it came to having biological children from of the same sex couple.

The church gets it's teaching on homosexuality from the bible where it states homosexual sex is a sin. The church will not change it's view as the bible will not be changing it's text, just as the rules of nature only allow for human life to be created naturally via a male/female relationship, to some that may be discrimination but it is no different to Pope Benedict being against gay marriage when the rules of the bible only allow for male/female marriage.

So the Pope thinks there will be consequences, according to the bible there was in the past.
People are making a mountain out of a molehill, read the bible and it is clear that sex outside of marriage is not allowed and also homosexual sex is not allowed. Put that and what the bible said happened in Sodom and Gomorrah together and it is clear the Catholic church is sticking to the teaching of the bible unlike someother Christian faiths.

Anyway, the world is in a mess and it's getting worse, whether that is due to how society has gone is another matter.
Science helped infertile couples have kids, and who knows what can be achieved in the future, but your right, biblical parables should be taken literally, but ill take that with a pinch of lott's salt.. mmm wifey!
(2) thanks from:
10-01-2012, 02:16   #54
TylerIE

Quote:

What about couples that cant have children because they are too old, should they be allowed get married? Or who have biological barriers to reproduction?

People who want equality just want marriage, not some special "gay marriage", just plain simple marriage between two loving consenting adults.

Leave the biological parts of having children up to them to worry about, at least they will actually pay some heed to planning it - many hetrosexual couples, and individuals, and indeed The RCs own teaching doesnt exactly advocate family planning based on your ability or your environments conduciveness to raising a family!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-01-2012, 02:24   #55
i heart chewy louie
Innocent Man

A malignant cunt.
Adding him to the list...

10-01-2012, 02:36   #56
joseph brand

Timothy Dolan.

http://cheezburger.com/Builder/Rende...2-ca36ae6a1d4f
Thanks from:
10-01-2012, 02:45   #57
Locker10a

the pope is NOT god . i belive in god and not the pope ! The Catholic church or the vatican or what ever have been full of ****e from day one ! Living like jesus and being "christian" went out the vatican window a long long time ago !
10-01-2012, 02:46   #58
Millicent

Quote:

Marriage is not natural so I am unsure why you are hinging a discussion on biological issues.

Also, gay women can still have children naturally, just not with their same-sex partner. Why would you throw in a ridiculous argument about nature having to change when no gay person I have ever met, read or heard of has ever made the argument that it should?
10-01-2012, 03:04   #59
Doctor Jimbob

This raving lunatic and the utter shite he insists on coming out with is one of the main things that turned me away from the catholic fucking church.
10-01-2012, 03:12   #60
Napper Hawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jimbob View Post
This raving lunatic and the utter shite he insists on coming out with is one of the main things that turned me away from the catholic fucking church.
Grown men and women believing in fairy tales, magic and imaginary friends is what sealed the deal for me, but yeah he sucks too.
(4) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion