Multimedia & Communications Studies - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-02-2012, 23:44   #31
Noodleworm

other classes have videos up too, I've worked with mostly girls on any of my video work. We should really make a youtube playlist of something of all years work.
Advertisement
10-02-2012, 18:00   #32
Dylanmc111

anyone know what the module "Sound" entails when u go into second year?
12-02-2012, 00:43   #33
confuseddotcom
Closed Account

What do you see yourself going on to do after College Columk if I may ask? Would job prospects outta this Course all be kinda generalized?
12-02-2012, 22:50   #34
JohnMc1

Send a message via AIM to JohnMc1 Send a message via MSN to JohnMc1 Send a message via Yahoo to JohnMc1
disregard.

Last edited by JohnMc1; 12-02-2012 at 22:54. Reason: cut because I realized I didn't get the notice for the interview until April 5 of last year.
13-02-2012, 20:17   #35
Noodleworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by confuseddotcom View Post
What do you see yourself going on to do after College Columk if I may ask? Would job prospects outta this Course all be kinda generalized?
I'm in final year too.
What you do coming out is reaally varied. I'd tell most people I don't think you can just float through the course and land a job without any hassle. You have to know what you want to do, what your good at and try to focus on it. Lots of people look into starting their own business, or take internships, do freelance jobs or go into further education. Mostly you have to build up your own portfolio and do what you can while in college.

The things people do could be anything from Photography, Web development, graphic design, Video production, visual effects, User Interface, sound engineering etc. but no one will come out of the course able to do all those things. Its a great taster course but your specialty is up to you.
Advertisement
14-02-2012, 00:26   #36
slasher_65

Send a message via AIM to slasher_65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodleworm View Post
I'm in final year too.
What you do coming out is reaally varied. I'd tell most people I don't think you can just float through the course and land a job without any hassle. You have to know what you want to do, what your good at and try to focus on it. Lots of people look into starting their own business, or take internships, do freelance jobs or go into further education. Mostly you have to build up your own portfolio and do what you can while in college.

The things people do could be anything from Photography, Web development, graphic design, Video production, visual effects, User Interface, sound engineering etc. but no one will come out of the course able to do all those things. Its a great taster course but your specialty is up to you.
As a second year, I echo this. If you are interested, and have the time, you can request to attend lectures that aren't in your speciality. Often the lecturer will allow you.

Also, if you are interested in doing audio, take part in DCUfm activities in a HUGE way. If you are interested in video, the same goes for DCUtv. For photography, try PhotoSoc. Each of these societies and activities will help build your portfolio.

In the type of jobs you might get after this course, the degree doesn't really matter. You are working towards a large and diverse portfolio.
11-05-2012, 22:21   #37
bc dub

I got accepted To multimedia. I've asked a few questions before about the course but now I've been accepted I want to know some serious information; How many bars are there and what are their operating hours?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion