Moving to Australia and tattoos - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-01-2012, 20:09   #31
Immaculate Pasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowloon View Post
Place is too damn hot. For that reason alone I couldn't live there. Could go to Canada I suppose, but Canada is too damn cold.
Is the temperature in Ireland just right for you then Goldlilocks?
Advertisement
06-01-2012, 20:13   #32
kumate_champ07

nicest place you could move to would be San Francisco, weather is beautiful, not too hot and it gets cool at night. people are nice, no aggressive hassle like you would see in most Irish towns at 3am on saturdays

San Diego is 2nd nicest for weather. big earthquake potential in that region tho in the foreseeable future, alot worse than anything thats happened recently in the world
(2) thanks from:
06-01-2012, 21:25   #33
mandrake04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareman View Post
Ahhh, the lads that go to Sydney, drink Magners in O'Neil's in Kings Cross every weekend till they pass out for 11 months, then go to the Whit Islands for a month, come home to mammy for Christmas and go on about how they can't wait to go back to Oz
Think you are dreaming mate or you just made it up, there is no such Pub as O'Neil's in KX or Sydney.
06-01-2012, 21:28   #34
membersonly

Some of the wacky feckers even go to the set of home and away and have their photo taken with alf stewart! haha! Mental!
06-01-2012, 21:33   #35
ScumLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoollyRedHat View Post
Do the toilets really flush backwards in Australia?
Yes it's true, when you flush a toilet in Australia it spews **** and water out all over the floor. It's why everything and anything from Australia smells like ****.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-01-2012, 21:33   #36
Defiler Of The Coffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake04 View Post
Think you are dreaming mate or you just made it up, there is no such Pub as O'Neil's in KX or Sydney.
Perhaps he was talking about O'Malleys?
06-01-2012, 21:39   #37
mfceiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky Dolenz View Post
I did the whole year thing. It was over ten years ago now. I have no intention of ever returning and only spent two weeks in Sydney.

But.....It was the best craic ever. One of the most fun and wreakless years of my life. PM for a link to my blog where I retell it in every detail .
Jesus Micky give it up....it was over 10 years ago...it's time to move on.

I was there from 1999-2001 and you don't hear me sh!tting on about it....

*Heads to oz/nz forum to give out of date advice!!
Thanks from:
06-01-2012, 21:55   #38
mandrake04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiler Of The Coffin View Post
Perhaps he was talking about O'Malleys?
Maybe as there is an O'Malleys but definitely no O'Neil's, I suppose if you are going to talk shite at least make sure its right.
06-01-2012, 21:57   #39
Defiler Of The Coffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake04 View Post
Maybe as there is an O'Malleys but definitely no O'Neil's, I suppose if you are going to talk shite at least make sure its right.
It's hard to remember the names of all them pubs. They all have some diddly-irish name. All just blends into one after a few years...
Advertisement
06-01-2012, 22:09   #40
DubPsycho

Send a message via Yahoo to DubPsycho
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfallon View Post
They pass out for 11 months???

That's a waste of their year down there
A year wasted is NOT a wasted year
06-01-2012, 22:12   #41
Peetrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom View Post
Whats the story with lads when they move down there, the hair gets bleached, pumping iron, next tattoos....acting all like they're the coolest fcukers ever, when infact they were nerds at home!!!

I know about 6 lads like this, Aussies must be laughing their holes off
If they knew how you felt I'm sure they'd tear up the qualification that they studied for that allowed them to travel over there and have their tattos and suntan lasered off. Infact lets have a whipround to see if we can pay for some kind of 'eternal sunshine of the spotless mind' treatment to erase the memories of their time away too. Would that make it all ok?
06-01-2012, 22:42   #42
Father Damo

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesmith View Post
What do you expect? Anyone from Ireland who goes to Australia is an unimaginative tool
What in the fcuk have you ever done with your life, out of curiousity? Likely nothing, like most people stuck back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareman View Post
Ahhh, the lads that go to Sydney, drink Magners in O'Neil's in Kings Cross
Outside of the city centres the vast majority of suburban Aussie bars are sh1te. The busy- ish ones are full of old men wasting away their lives on poker machines. The quiet ones dont have anyone drinking in them at all. Barely any have live bands playing. Aussies under a certain age dont have a "local" the same way we do. Its hardly any wonder most Irish frequent places with a bit of live music, young crowd and where you can drink from a pint glass.

Last edited by Father Damo; 06-01-2012 at 23:12.
06-01-2012, 23:23   #43
Del2005

Quote:
Whats the story with lads when they move down there, the hair gets bleached, pumping iron, next tattoos....acting all like they're the coolest fcukers ever, when infact they were nerds at home!!!

Because pasty white looks so cool.
07-01-2012, 01:32   #44
Essien

Quote:

I moved here and I haven't bleached my hair or got a tattoo, I go to the gym but I always did that at home anyway.

I was a nerd in Ireland and I'm still a nerd here only now I actually have a good job and what's looking like a decent career ahead of me. I wouldn't have that if I didn't move here. Normally I wouldn't go around pointing these things out but hey, you brought it up.

I'd safely say I've encountered thousands of Irish since I got here and for the record, I'd struggle to think of more than few who fit the description you've given.

It's pretty pathetic to be putting people down for trying to improve the quality of their lives.
07-01-2012, 01:39   #45
cocoshovel
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesmith View Post
What do you expect? Anyone from Ireland who goes to Australia is an unimaginative tool
The only unimaginative tool Im seeing is you.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion