There seems to be good feedback and responses to questions raised on this thread. I'm wondering if you can help me figure out what is the best visa for me to apply for, out of what's available to me.
I'm currently on a 417 working holiday visa and have been in the country for 3 months in Melbourne.
I'm 25 and a civil engineer with over 3 years work experience, so I currently get 50 points on the points test.
I would need to do an english language test to get it over the required 65 points.
Although I came across a line on the Victoria state website that stated if you are an Irish citizen you do not have to provide an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) assessment. Does this apply to the DIAC points requirement system...would I still need to do the test to get the required points? see the link below..
I'm currently doing some temporary work with the department of transport. Is there any way that getting them to do something like nominate me, that could help, since they are a state agency?
These are the visa options that I could find that might be available to me:
1. Second working holiday visa
- after 3 months regional work
- try and get company that will sponsor me
3. Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 487)
- need state nomination, and allows you to remain in Australia for up to three years and requires you to live(2years) and work(12months) in a Specified Regional Area in Australia. If you don't meet the 2 year and 12 month regional work requirements, does it just mean you can't apply for permanent residency yet?
4. Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)
- Do I have to be outside Australia to apply for this?
5. Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)
- Do I have to be outside Australia to apply for this? Required to remain in the sponsoring state for 2 years.
Am I missing any other visa options?
Ideally I'd like to go for the visa with the least no. of restraints which seems to be the 175 visa.
but also I have to take into account the likelihood of getting the visas and the costs.
What do you think is the best visa option is for me?