Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

04-01-2012, 16:43   #31
esperanza1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
That's not relevant.

I'm old enough and have been eating this food long enough that if there were health implications, they would have surfaced already.

This is of course another tactic of pseudo-science con artists where they shift the goalposts whenever challenged so that it's functionally impossible to challenge their assertions.

Show us the peer-reviewed and accredited medical studies which demonstrate that a blood type diet provides any benefit whatsoever over a standard diet.

Anything at all, we're not that fussy. The only requirement is that the study has been published and peer-reviewed in a respected scientific journal.
You'll have to ask Dr Adamo directly about that, I'm afraid I don't know, but I do know that there are many studies which prove specific conditions are linked to blood types. For example, high cancer rates are linked to Blood Type A. Here is one study which shows a positive association between pancreatic cancer and blood type A:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1875761
Advertisement
04-01-2012, 20:19   #32
metamorphosis

My cousin here beside me is B blood group and has been Lactose intolerant since childhood ..

Plus, to simplify like saying people in such and such a blood group thrive on certain foods is ridiculous imho (not scientific evidence, just practical experience and work) - its not how the body works. Plus, most of the human population dont do well on most grains in general which has been scientifically referenced to on this forum dozens of times over the last 2 years
(2) thanks from:
04-01-2012, 21:59   #33
Magenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperanza1 View Post
Why not try eating all the foods from the beneficial groups for a couple of weeks and see if you feel any better? That's one way of testing whether there's any truth to this diet or whether your problems lie elsewhere.
Why not just look for scientific papers online that proves this diet works?

Oh wait, there are none.
Thanks from:
05-01-2012, 15:34   #34
esperanza1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
Why not just look for scientific papers online that proves this diet works?

Oh wait, there are none.
There are certainly plenty of personal experiences I have read where people have improved their health - significantly in some cases - thanks to the blood type diet - so that's good enough for me! ;-)
05-01-2012, 15:42   #35
bluewolf
being awesome

I read lots of personal testimonies about those rubber bands you put on your wrist to make you all better. They must work!
Advertisement
05-01-2012, 15:47   #36
esperanza1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
I read lots of personal testimonies about those rubber bands you put on your wrist to make you all better. They must work!
???
05-01-2012, 15:53   #37
g'em
Closed Account

The Blood Group Diet is as theoretically sound as homeopathy.

Enough of this rubbish.
Thread Closed