Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-03-2012, 22:02   #631
brianodub
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by foots View Post
you need to be so careful, i live in littlepace and during the summer had 3 attempted break in's within space of 1 week, police said it was most likely same person/s who wanted hubbies car (audi) so we upped our security so nothing since, happy days but then this morning i woke to car (I never locked oops) ransacked, they got very little bit of cash, but my problem is, how often do they check every car as it is always locked bit of a coincidence. I am really annoyed as i love where i live but very downhearted that someone is watching all the time, hate that we all have to soooo vigilant.
I live in Hazelbury and my wifes car was ransacked last night too. Nothing valuable in it. She's also pretty sure she forgot to lock it.
I'm sure they got into the back garden too.

2 weeks ago i had a bike stolen from the back garden.

Such a pain in the hole. Makes me want to move

Last edited by brianodub; 22-03-2012 at 22:59.
Advertisement
23-03-2012, 00:06   #632
Gaspode
Woof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianodub View Post

Move where though? From what I've heard it's the same all over Dublin & Cork so probably the same in other Irish cities as well. Very disheartening but we cant let these low-lifes win.
23-03-2012, 08:22   #633
johnwest288

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianodub View Post
I live in Hazelbury and my wifes car was ransacked last night too. Nothing valuable in it. She's also pretty sure she forgot to lock it.
I'm sure they got into the back garden too.

2 weeks ago i had a bike stolen from the back garden.

No Need to move buddy. First of all how did they enter the back garden on these 2 occasions do you think? Fence hop? or was it open?. If its the old wooden style fence (one kick and its open) replace it with a good quality steel One with decorative spikes on top (Nice and High) Have the catch piece if possible anchored into your Wall pillar between the houses so its impossible to force.. Next padlock her up (good strong no holes barred padlock invest in a decent one) . Step up that security mate and make it as bloody awkward as possible for those animals to get in. You should not be forced to move from your residence for a bunch of toe-rags. There is another chap on here that stuck up a decent CCTV camera. The more akward and imposing your security set up looks the scoobies will walk by in most cases. They are really looking for easy targets. OPPURTUNISTS.

"The gardai tell us that many break-ins are opportunistic and that a large percentage don't even need a forced entry - the burglar goes through an open window or uses the keys that are left under the door mat"

Have a look at this article people for tips and put them louts out of business
http://ezinearticles.com/?Best-Secur...ips&id=6818092

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6818092

Last edited by johnwest288; 23-03-2012 at 08:25.
(3) thanks from:
23-03-2012, 08:33   #634
johnwest288

is that the house with a massive forensics tent on the driveway you can see from the N3? Been there weeks now
23-03-2012, 08:51   #635
foots

did wonder what that was about alright, i think its nearer littlepace road but you could be right.
Advertisement
23-03-2012, 08:56   #636
foots

hard not to feel like moving but i am originally from Templeogue, and when moving from hunters run to littlepace toyed with the idea of moving back, houses are lot more expensive so we opted to go bigger in Clonee as we do like the area. My mother has had one burglery in August, lots of gold taken (cash for gold) and 2 attempted in the last two weeks, so rest assured it is the same everywhere, myself and your wife will just have to be more security aware (hubbies will have to double check locks at night) A detective friend tells me it because of recession, crime on the rise???
I wouldnt mind when we had forensics out this summer after some attempted break in they gave us tips to keep them away, we are a corner house so all walls are covered in industrial grease, said at least if they are caught snooping they are covered in grease, hands and clothing, so bit of proof, always put down all your blinds, keys away from reach, and we installed sensor lights. (just need to lock the car now) but will look into that camera. i will not be driven from my home either.

Last edited by foots; 23-03-2012 at 09:01.
Thanks from:
23-03-2012, 09:02   #637
fletch

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwest288 View Post
is that the house with a massive forensics tent on the driveway you can see from the N3? Been there weeks now
I was wondering about that alright....not just somebody a bit OCD about keeping their car clean maybe?
23-03-2012, 09:33   #638
johnwest288

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch View Post
I was wondering about that alright....not just somebody a bit OCD about keeping their car clean maybe?
Looks awful . I assumed a crime had been committed and it was being kept sterile for a forensics team

Last edited by johnwest288; 23-03-2012 at 09:52.
23-03-2012, 09:43   #639
gjc

I am also toying with the idea of anti-climb paint/greese two questions

1) if you put it on walls do you legally have to put up a sign saying that its there

2) where would you get this stuff...is it expensive
Advertisement
23-03-2012, 10:00   #640
foots

we got ours off a farmer we know! but you would get it in any agricultural suppliers, anywhere that supplies fertilizer etc, we did 3 walls for about 60€, i bet kellys in dunboyne could advise you where to get if he does not do it! I did say to the forensic guy what happens if a teenager jumps over to get a ball etc and ruins his clothes, his answer was well he wont jump your wall again! they should have manners and knock in!! no mention of needing a sign. but i am no law expert!
Thanks from:
23-03-2012, 11:57   #641
gjc

Was talking to a friend of mine who lives in Rushenny things got so bad in there that they had a public meeting gaurds told them not to ignore an alarm going off also they copied what Alandale did and put up 2 signs into the estate telling vans that no charity bags/stickers where to be delivered into estate.
Also talking to a friend of mine who lives in littlepace break-in two weeks ago, have no other details I'm afraid.
23-03-2012, 12:02   #642
foots

so suspect that those stickers for the bags are delivered betweek 4 30 and 6am, what is that about, and if it is genuine and not linked to crime they are doing themselves no favours with the rumours that they collect info about houses security, new born in my house so i am keeping an eye at times etc. i will notify guards if i see a pattern of crime on same night as stickers I am on a mission at the momment i must suggest that sign like allendale.
(2) thanks from:
23-03-2012, 12:14   #643
gjc

Rang the gaurds just to see about signage for grease on walls reply was "no dont bother .......tough sh** this is my property...........etc...."
Thanks from:
23-03-2012, 12:18   #644
gjc

Sorry meant to add that if a sticker or bag came in the door after signage went up they rang the number on the sticker or bag to complain they have noticed a distinct drop off of stickers/bags..............its better to be pro-active than reactive!!!!!!!

Last edited by gjc; 23-03-2012 at 12:20. Reason: error
23-03-2012, 12:23   #645
gjc

foots said............ "so suspect that those stickers for the bags are delivered betweek 4 30 and 6am",

Yes I get those stickers at that time also.......yet I have a NO JUNK MAIL sticker on my door................??????????????

So yes signage into the estates is the way to go!

Last edited by gjc; 23-03-2012 at 12:32.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion