Cardinal Sean Brady aware of abuse in 1975 - Page 19 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-05-2012, 07:27   #271
Min
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jimbob View Post
There are a lot of people who get positivity from their catholic faith. This is a good thing. That doesn't mean they should stand up for catholic leaders who are defending and covering up vile crimes. In any other organisation, members would be calling for the leaders responsible to be removed. They can stand by their faith without standing by the criminals within the organisation.
Also child rape and covering it up is not a human failing, it's a disgusting crime. There's fuck all human about it.
I think you will find humans are the people who do the crimes, therefore human failing. It is not our cats or dogs that are failing us by abusing us.
Advertisement
06-05-2012, 07:30   #272
Min
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra3 View Post
The protectors of child rapists who currently run the RC church decide that the ten commandments are part of their teachings.

Duh.

I think you will find they come from the bible and from God to Moses and that the old testament is a part of Christianity. The new testament didn't make the old testament disappear.
06-05-2012, 07:32   #273
Doctor Jimbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min View Post
I think you will find humans are the people who do the crimes, therefore human failing. It is not our cats or dogs that are failing us by abusing us.
My point was it's a lot more than just a failing.
06-05-2012, 07:35   #274
Min
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jimbob View Post
My point was it's a lot more than just a failing.
But a crime is a failing.
06-05-2012, 12:07   #275
Biggins
Banned

From todays Times (England)
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...ndard-comments

A few excerpts:

Quote:
Cardinal Seán Brady is being sued by a man who was sexually abused by Fr Brendan Smyth while he attended a school where Brady was teaching. The abuse is alleged to have happened after Brady was involved in secret canonical inquiries in 1975, in which the cardinal deemed accounts given by two teenage boys of abuse to be “credible”.
Quote:
...a spokesman for Brady, who is the archbishop of Armagh and primate of all-Ireland, said he “will be defending any allegation of negligence”.
He would!

Quote:
The High Court case was initiated after Brady’s role in the canonical inquiry was revealed two years ago. Brady is being sued for personal negligence in three sets of proceedings. Asked if any of the plaintiffs in those cases were children identified by Boland in the inquiry 37 years ago, Brady’s spokesman said: “The diocese has received claims on behalf of people who appear to be similarly named.”
So two of the names people that was on a list given to him, started to sue him two years ago.
This then backs up the victim on the BBC programme that stated such a list existed and that they were abused.

Then there is this latest shocker!

Quote:
Oliver McShane, a former Dominican priest who attended the church inquiry in Dundalk, has told The Sunday Times that church officials told gardai in 1991 that no such inquiry had taken place.

“In 1991, gardai in Dundalk asked the London Metropolitan police’s child protection unit to take a statement from me,” said McShane, who has now left the priesthood and lives abroad. “I told them about the inquiry as part of my statement.

The detective heading the inquiry in Dundalk rang me a couple of months later saying the church was denying the inquiry happened. I said I would come over to Ireland and swear on the Bible it did,” said McShane, who was the priest in whom Boland confided about Smyth’s abuse and who accompanied the boy when he informed his parents about what he had suffered.
So now it emerges that the church also openly lied to the police!

There you have it.
An absolute no moral, two faced org that has no moral authority in Ireland any more to preach to us - when in fact they are just as bad, if not worse!

No wonder they are backing Brady now. Birds of a feather are sticking together!

Last edited by Biggins; 06-05-2012 at 12:16.
Advertisement
06-05-2012, 12:11   #276
paddyzk

Scum.
(4) thanks from:
06-05-2012, 12:12   #277
K-9

Wonder what Fr, D'Arcy will say about this................oh wait.

Weren't long acting with him when it suited.
06-05-2012, 12:16   #278
rarnes1

It's shocking that this guy still holds his position.
06-05-2012, 12:20   #279
Show Time

Send the lot of them back to Rome and sell off all their wealth and property in the country.

That would go a long way to paying off the debts the country has and at long last the church could be seen doing some real good before we kick them out the door.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-05-2012, 12:24   #280
tayto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarnes1 View Post
It's shocking that this guy still holds his position.
He will resign soon I believe. The pressure is on. He is in charge of an organisation which is seeing it's numbers in decline worldwide, it's mass attendances decline and it's authority being challenged because of incidents like this.
Had they came out and held their hands up and said we are doing our best to rid ourselves of abusive priests then they would have probably remained intact. But they chose to deny, cover-up and hide under the protection of Cannon Law.
By doing this they have let down the good priests, bishops etc and indeed their flock. Pride comes before a fall.
06-05-2012, 12:26   #281
rarnes1

He should be resigned years ago, he'll try and hold out I'd imagine.
06-05-2012, 12:28   #282
Show Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayto lover View Post
He will resign soon I believe. The pressure is on. He is in charge of an organisation which is seeing it's numbers in decline worldwide, it's mass attendances decline and it's authority being challenged because of incidents like this.
Had they came out and held their hands up and said we are doing our best to rid ourselves of abusive priests then they would have probably remained intact. But they chose to deny, cover-up and hide under the protection of Cannon Law.
By doing this they have let down the good priests, bishops etc and indeed their flock. Pride comes before a fall.
What very few good ones can head out to Africa and do good out there.

This country has to move beyond the superstitious nonsense they have been peddling for so long.
06-05-2012, 12:35   #283
My name is URL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarnes1 View Post
He should be resigned years ago, he'll try and hold out I'd imagine.
There's a good chance that he has considered resigning already, but it's up to that lizard in the Vatican to decide whether or not to accept it.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...315512548.html
06-05-2012, 12:36   #284
rarnes1

Quote:
Originally Posted by My name is URL View Post
There's a good chance that he has considered resigning already, but it's up to that lizard in the Vatican to decide whether or not to accept it.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...315512548.html
They're afraid pressure will come on guys higher up the chain I'd imagine.
06-05-2012, 12:37   #285
Biggins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayto lover View Post
He will resign soon I believe...
Mark my words, they will PR spin it.

He will leave the office he holds after some time for "reflection" or some other drawn up PR excuse.

Just like a very recent Chinese dissident who might be allowed leave China for "study" (I hope he gets his wife and kid out too) and that reason being spun for the masses, the Rome Org will dream up some light excuse genuine reason for he stepping away - not down they will hope not to make it look like - from the power position he no longer has the moral right to hold.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion