Dublin City brings in €500 firefighter call-out fee will only encourage DIY firemen.. - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-12-2011, 01:43   #31
psychward
Closed Account

If my car goes on fire I'm letting it burn . Problem solved
Advertisement
01-12-2011, 10:38   #32
ivabiggon
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholar007 View Post
Why not? - I'll do all the fire service phecc equivalent courses. If firemen can operate ambulances in Dublin, what's to stop a lad setting up a fire service once all the paperwork is in order?
the law.... fire services act, look it up, unless your going to be a local authority also!

Last edited by ivabiggon; 01-12-2011 at 10:41.
01-12-2011, 11:29   #33
Paulzx

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholar007 View Post
Why not? - I'll do all the fire service phecc equivalent courses. If firemen can operate ambulances in Dublin, what's to stop a lad setting up a fire service once all the paperwork is in order?

I don't think you've bothered reading the previous posts on this.

The HSE are the statuatory body for ambulance services. Dublin Fire Brigade operate an ambulance service under contract from the HSE.

The local authority is the statuatory body for the provision of fire services. Dublin City Council provide this service within its own area and under contract for the areas covered by South Dublin Co Co, Fingal Co Co and Dun Laoire. This is specifically allowed for under the Fire Services Act.

Are you a local authority? Have Dublin city council contracted you?

No i didnt think so.

To be fair you are making errroneus statements about something you don't have a clue about
01-12-2011, 12:40   #34
scholar007
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivabiggon View Post
the law.... fire services act, look it up, unless your going to be a local authority also!
I knew there was something I forgot - Damn the pesky law - why does it always stifle the entrepreneurial spirit?
  • Big red truck - Check
  • Big hose - Check
  • Axe - Check
  • Water - Check
  • Ladder - Check
  • Big hydraulic can opener thingy - Check
  • Breathing Apparatus - Check
  • Helmet, protective gear, boots - Check
  • Jacks / airbags - Check
  • Piece of paper - No
[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/c4cfKcxqrKXef2cwDC1LLAZikeBrtswzrzRpNY7xlKHUTbdCnvPtlvuk5I4xguEwFi2cNzRYtvELAsB3CbAHYvNsT*jPck8w/FiremanSam.jpg[/IMG]
01-12-2011, 19:25   #35
Delancey
Closed Account

Lets say my neighbour ' disses ' me and to get back I make a hoax 999 call reporting his house on fire - will he still get billed ?
Advertisement
01-12-2011, 19:26   #36
MagicSean
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delancey View Post
Lets say my neighbour ' disses ' me and to get back I make a hoax 999 call reporting his house on fire - will he still get billed ?
You will
01-12-2011, 19:48   #37
Delancey
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSean View Post
You will
Assuming it can be proved I made the call I would expect a lot more than a 500 quid bill - but where the hoaxer cannot be traced ?
01-12-2011, 19:56   #38
Captain Chaos

Pick up a free sim, stick it in a phone and make a hoax call from down the road. Can't be tracked or traced full stop.
01-12-2011, 20:11   #39
MagicSean
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
Pick up a free sim, stick it in a phone and make a hoax call from down the road. Can't be tracked or traced full stop.
Yes it can. Phone number can be traced to a store and cctv can show who bought it.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-12-2011, 20:34   #40
Terrontress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSean View Post
Quote:
Yes it can. Phone number can be traced to a store and cctv can show who bought it.
It's a hypothetical question! He is not going to do this!

To make it simpler for you, he uses a public telephone box.
01-12-2011, 21:02   #41
ivabiggon
Closed Account

Quote:
sad thing is one doesn't need a sim card for a 112 or a 999 call! or even if you dial 911 in this country you'll be put through and received with open arms on the other end of the emergency line
02-12-2011, 00:00   #42
Run_to_da_hills
Banned

Quote:
Pick up a free Sim, stick it in a phone and make a hoax call from down the road. Can't be tracked or traced full stop.
Mobile phone forensics is a wonderful thing, all 999/112 calls are recorded. The authorities can use voice recognition software and tag the caller if they suspect a serial hoaxer. Cell site analysis can also be used to pinpoint locations by triangulation where that phone was used at the time of the call. CCTV can also be checked in the locality. The IMEI No can also be used to trace the phones history, ie what sims were previously used in the phone, where it was bought, previous owners etc.
02-12-2011, 00:12   #43
Delancey
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run_to_da_hills View Post
Mobile phone forensics is a wonderful thing, all 999/112 calls are recorded. The authorities can use voice recognition software and tag the caller if they suspect a serial hoaxer. Cell site analysis can also be used to pinpoint locations by triangulation where that phone was used at the time of the call. CCTV can also be checked in the locality. The IMEI No can also be used to trace the phones history, ie what sims were previously used in the phone, where it was bought, previous owners etc.
I seriously doubt that such efforts have ever been expended on a 999 hoaxer in this country.
Yes , the technology to catch them exists but has it ever been used ?
02-12-2011, 00:48   #44
Run_to_da_hills
Banned

Quote:
I seriously doubt that such efforts have ever been expended on a 999 hoaxer in this country.
I'm sure if a hoaxer is persistent / stupid enough it would be followed up.
02-12-2011, 09:51   #45
scholar007
Closed Account

Quote:

Mobile phone forensics is a wonderful thing, all 999/112 calls are recorded. The authorities can use voice recognition software and tag the caller if they suspect a serial hoaxer. Cell site analysis can also be used to pinpoint locations by triangulation where that phone was used at the time of the call. CCTV can also be checked in the locality. The IMEI No can also be used to trace the phones history, ie what sims were previously used in the phone, where it was bought, previous owners etc
Some say that the technology exists to identify the individual by satelite as they are on the phone perpetrating the hoax call. Before they are finished they will be surrounded by men who perform black ops who are dressed all in black driving black jeeps with blacked out windows (enough black). They will then be whisked off to an underground bunker where they will have a fire hose shoved up their ass and turned on full blast. After several days they will be found on the side of a bog road mumbling and incoherent.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion