Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-01-2012, 12:54   #736
robd

Quote:
Originally Posted by n97 mini View Post
Your browser is probably caching your choice to accept.

Try https://leapcard.ie
You're missing the point.

leapcard.ie redirects to https://www.leapcard.ie now

The adverts are for leapcard.ie so thats OK.
Advertisement
14-01-2012, 13:07   #737
n97 mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd View Post
You're missing the point.

leapcard.ie redirects to https://www.leapcard.ie now
No. It's actually you that's missing the point!

Go to leapcard.ie in Chrome and you will get the above error. The redirect is using the wrong SSL cert, and thus Chrome will not allow it to happen.
(2) thanks from:
14-01-2012, 13:11   #738
Victor

Quote:

Go to leapcard.ie in Chrome and you will get the above error. The redirect is using the wrong SSL cert, and thus Chrome will not allow it to happen.
I just used Chrome and its seem to happily go from leapcard.ie to https://www.leapcard.ie/
14-01-2012, 13:23   #739
Stevek101

I don't think anyone will put the https in, frankly you're being ridiculous now. leapcard.ie does the job perfectly

Last edited by Stevek101; 14-01-2012 at 13:25.
Thanks from:
14-01-2012, 13:31   #740
n97 mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
I just used Chrome and its seem to happily go from leapcard.ie to https://www.leapcard.ie/
Have you used it before on leapcard.ie and ever clicked Proceed? Chrome will remember that choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevek101
I don't think anyone will put the https in, frankly you're being ridiculous now.
That was for demonstration purposes, to show that the cert does not include leapcard.ie.

Whether someone puts in https or not is irrelevant, if the cert is wrong it's wrong.
Advertisement
14-01-2012, 15:32   #741
i heart chewy louie
Innocent Man

Would be useful if you could set up an email alert on the website when your credit hit a certain amount.
14-01-2012, 17:07   #742
goingnowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDrake View Post
the depost thing is a myth. I had 1 euro on my card. I had not touched my deposit. I went to get the Dart after work and it said no funds.

So much for having the deposit.
When you hit a situation where your balance is negative the message will be "Purchase Needed"

The deposit works fine for me, numerous times I've brought the card into negative balance

With only 1 exception it is always possible to make a journey provided you have at least 1 cent credit balance. You need to have a minimum balance of €1.01 to use the 747 bus.
14-01-2012, 19:44   #743
Irish Steve

Not read the entire thread, for the simple reason that once again, after reading a few messages at the beginning of the thread, and then going digging on the LEAP site, i've discovered that relevant eejits have managed to produce a half baked screw up of a system that's a waste of time to me, because Ashbourne is served by BE, and BE is conspicuous by the total non mention of it on the leap web site.

The other issue is that for some stupid reason, it appears that zoning has not been implemented in a way that makes the use of the card easy. In London, and Amsterdam, it's easy, and works. Amsterdam, you board, and select the zone of your destination, and you then have a time period for which you can travel on whatever you want within the number of zones selected. London is similar, and here, we seem to have a concept that ignores that, and requires regular clocking on and off the system

Trust Ireland to come up with the most complex and incomplete system imagineable. Then again, why are BE still running "commuter" services in Dublin, by now, they should have been merged into DB, for all sorts of reasons, the main one being to make it a lot easier to manage the entire operation.

I despair of the people that supposedly consult with the public. they hold meetings about Motorway routes and junctions, or bus routes, or planning, or whatever, and at the end of the supposed consultation period, they go ahead with the exact plan they always had in place, regardless of the feedback and suggestions or objections from the people that will be using or affected by the plans.

I'm not allowed to use the language that's appropriate to describle the incompetence of the way this project has been implemented, it's cumbersome, expensive, and doesn't cover the basics. It should have been set up to cover everything inside the area of the DB service, and if that meant that BE services to those places and others inside the circle had to be moved, then that should have been done,

Are BE operating for the benefit of the travelling public, or to keep extra people employed in duplicating significant numbers of things that could be managed by DB. It's not as if they are even separately owned, the whole darn mess is owned by CIE, and that's where the problem lies, there are too many controlling and vested interests that prevent the provision of a competent and appropriate service to the people that it is supposed to.

I am so angry right now, it's not even funny, yet again, we've been sold down the river by self serving interests that do not care about the people they are supposed to be serving.
Thanks from:
14-01-2012, 21:46   #744
dublinman1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Same Here!
Advertisement
14-01-2012, 22:05   #745
lxflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Steve View Post
Not read the entire thread, for the simple reason that once again, after reading a few messages at the beginning of the thread, and then going digging on the LEAP site, i've discovered that relevant eejits have managed to produce a half baked screw up of a system that's a waste of time to me, because Ashbourne is served by BE, and BE is conspicuous by the total non mention of it on the leap web site.

The other issue is that for some stupid reason, it appears that zoning has not been implemented in a way that makes the use of the card easy. In London, and Amsterdam, it's easy, and works. Amsterdam, you board, and select the zone of your destination, and you then have a time period for which you can travel on whatever you want within the number of zones selected. London is similar, and here, we seem to have a concept that ignores that, and requires regular clocking on and off the system

Trust Ireland to come up with the most complex and incomplete system imagineable. Then again, why are BE still running "commuter" services in Dublin, by now, they should have been merged into DB, for all sorts of reasons, the main one being to make it a lot easier to manage the entire operation.

I despair of the people that supposedly consult with the public. they hold meetings about Motorway routes and junctions, or bus routes, or planning, or whatever, and at the end of the supposed consultation period, they go ahead with the exact plan they always had in place, regardless of the feedback and suggestions or objections from the people that will be using or affected by the plans.

I'm not allowed to use the language that's appropriate to describle the incompetence of the way this project has been implemented, it's cumbersome, expensive, and doesn't cover the basics. It should have been set up to cover everything inside the area of the DB service, and if that meant that BE services to those places and others inside the circle had to be moved, then that should have been done,

Are BE operating for the benefit of the travelling public, or to keep extra people employed in duplicating significant numbers of things that could be managed by DB. It's not as if they are even separately owned, the whole darn mess is owned by CIE, and that's where the problem lies, there are too many controlling and vested interests that prevent the provision of a competent and appropriate service to the people that it is supposed to.

I am so angry right now, it's not even funny, yet again, we've been sold down the river by self serving interests that do not care about the people they are supposed to be serving.
Bus Eireann will be joining the Leap card later in 2012. It's a phased rollout.
14-01-2012, 23:07   #746
dublinman1990

Just heard that there were figures of 15,000 have signed up for the leap card up to Thursday 5th January 2012.
15-01-2012, 08:52   #747
prettyboy81

Just my 2pence on the leap card, have it a week mainly using it on Dublin Bus no complaints & finding it a great little addition to my wallet!

Plus when machine not working on the bus which happened Friday ya get a free journey happy days
Thanks from:
15-01-2012, 09:59   #748
robd

Quote:

As stated some days ago that was fixed. Your browser is caching.

Here's the manual prove:

Quote:
telnet leapcard.ie 80
Trying 149.250.244.35...
Connected to leapcard.ie.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host:leapcard.ie

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 09:01:34 GMT
Content-Length: 147

<head><title>Document Moved</title></head>
<body><h1>Object Moved</h1>This document may be found <a HREF="https://www.leapcard.ie/">here</a></body>Connection closed by foreign host.
15-01-2012, 10:29   #749
n97 mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd View Post
As stated some days ago that was fixed. Your browser is caching.
Sigh. I know there's a redirect. That's been there some days.

It's a relatively minor detail, but nonetheless the cert on the https redirect on leapcard.ie is still wrong.

In the business what they did is called a workaround, it's not a fix.
15-01-2012, 14:00   #750
AlekSmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinman1990 View Post
Just heard that there were figures of 15,000 have signed up for the leap card up to Thursday 5th January 2012.
A single LeapCard should mhave been posted to each registered domestic address in the GDA.

No household should have been without one actual card and the info leaflet.

No need for it to be charged and operational,but it needed to be physically available for people to stroke,shake and lick if need be.

Instead,I still have several people daily asking me what this Leap thing is,how does it work,where can it be bought,how much etc etc....

There is something distinctly missing from the Publicity package,as it does not appear to be hitting the mark.....I would have went with "Bullseye" as a moniker,using the original Card Reader target as the focus..."Hit The Bullseye for the cheapest fare" etc etc.....also managing to get away from the "Swipe Card" impression still held by many ordinary folks.

By the way...I suggest that the ability to pay for more than one person using Leap will turn out to be one of the most important aids to popularity and flexibility IF the ITS people can comprehend that....
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion