Seanie Johnston Kildare Transfer? - Page 42 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

01-03-2012, 15:25   #616
blackbelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemlin View Post
Cavan paper, Anglo Celt, reporting yesterday that Johnston has given up hope of the move going through.
Tell Mr Johnston I take 2 sugars in my tea.
Advertisement
01-03-2012, 16:20   #617
munchkin_utd

Quote:
Cavan paper, Anglo Celt, reporting yesterday that Johnston has given up hope of the move going through.
indeed, a snippet of that article is here
http://anglocelt.ie/news/gaelicfootb...an-host-sligo/
02-03-2012, 02:41   #618
DARK-KNIGHT

hope he didnt sign a long lease for the house in straffan...

isnt he playing for kevins now?? now theres a commute from cavan to play club football
02-03-2012, 18:02   #619
roy rodgers

The cccc still haven't made a decision on it yet believe it or not!!
They are an disgrace that no one can make a decision on the matter.
they were quick enough to hand out ban's and fines to kildare and monaghan after a bit of pushing.
05-03-2012, 15:18   #620
DARK-KNIGHT

Any news on Johnston re this move
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 21:51   #621
roy rodgers

Well he didnt play for cavan at the weekend and val andrews is delighted with his young lads coming through.
I hope we cccc get there fingers out of their hole this week and have an answer for him.
06-03-2012, 00:42   #622
DARK-KNIGHT

i have a funny feeling IF this goes through it will be to shake up kildares forwards cant see johnston marking himself out as a star forward tbh dont get me wrong i know he can turn fast and kicks great scores but for geezer to blank one of our regulars for johnston would be very bad form imo anyways
06-03-2012, 11:05   #623
Lemlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK-KNIGHT View Post
Any news on Johnston re this move
Latest rumour round Cavan anyway is that Johnston has given up hope and will be back playing for Cavan Gaels this year.

There's 6 weeks until the next round of League games in Cavan so we won't know for a while anyway. He's not exactly famed for turning up for League games for the Gaels anyway. He played in very few last year.
06-03-2012, 12:18   #624
DARK-KNIGHT

Quote:
Latest rumour round Cavan anyway is that Johnston has given up hope and will be back playing for Cavan Gaels this year.

There's 6 weeks until the next round of League games in Cavan so we won't know for a while anyway. He's not exactly famed for turning up for League games for the Gaels anyway. He played in very few last year.
There's no way if I was managing Cavan
Or was a true Cavan fan would I want him wearing county colours again!!

Just from a point of view he went to jump ship to win silverware well a chance at winning something with a strong Kildare side!!

Even from a club point of view I wouldn't want him due to this whole treatment to his county and club team
Advertisement
06-03-2012, 13:44   #625
Lemlin

Quote:
There's no way if I was managing Cavan
Or was a true Cavan fan would I want him wearing county colours again!!

Just from a point of view he went to jump ship to win silverware well a chance at winning something with a strong Kildare side!!

Even from a club point of view I wouldn't want him due to this whole treatment to his county and club team
You're wrong there. He jumped ship because he was told he wasn't required by Cavan.

Either way, I still wouldn't want him back.
06-03-2012, 13:59   #626
DARK-KNIGHT

Quote:
You're wrong there. He jumped ship because he was told he wasn't required by Cavan.

Either way, I still wouldn't want him back.
Lemlin
Mate if I had a chance to wear my county colours at senior level I would give anything I would fight tooth and nail if I was him why would he want to play for anyone other than Cavan it's almost insulting to Cavan that he is looking to play for Kildare IMO
06-03-2012, 16:13   #627
Lemlin

Quote:
Lemlin
Mate if I had a chance to wear my county colours at senior level I would give anything I would fight tooth and nail if I was him why would he want to play for anyone other than Cavan it's almost insulting to Cavan that he is looking to play for Kildare IMO
I agree. He should have stayed with the Gaels, kept his head down, had some virtuoso performances and then the pressure would really have been on Andrews to include him.

As it is, the majority of supporters in the county have now rallied behind Andrews and his project so Johnston has definitely ended up the loser in this one.
08-03-2012, 12:26   #628
blackbelt

Well this puts to bed the saga of whether or not Johnston will be able to transfer.

Seanie Johnston's proposed transfer to Kildare appears to be dead in the water after his latest request was turned down by the Central Competitions Control Committee.

The want-away forward's home club Cavan Gaels has received confirmation of the decision and, as far as they're concerned, the saga is now at an end.

Cavan Gaels chairman Michael Mooney said in the Irish Examiner: "It's nice for it to come to a conclusion and we can now concentrate on football and get him back in the squad.

"Cavan Gaels always want to see the best players playing for Cavan Gaels and for the county. We definitely have no ill-feeling, it was never an issue that he didn't want to play with Cavan Gaels, he wanted to play county football and felt that he wasn't wanted by Cavan.

"He trained with us recently and he was very welcome."

The 27-year-old had sought a move to the Lilywhites after he was sensationally omitted from the Cavan panel by manager Val Andrews last November, but doubts over the player's permanently residency (he claimed he lived in Straffan, Co, Kildare) has thus far prevented the transfer from going through.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=163614
Thanks from:
08-03-2012, 12:59   #629
munchkin_utd

A bit of clarity is brought to the situation and now he can go on to help his club to win its first ever Ulster Club title.
For a man with ambition that's surely a challenging target with plenty of reward if achieved.

if you look at the roll of honour, its about time a Cavan team were successful in getting an ulster club title to the county .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_...l_Championship
08-03-2012, 16:18   #630
Lemlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbelt View Post
Well this puts to bed the saga of whether or not Johnston will be able to transfer.

Seanie Johnston's proposed transfer to Kildare appears to be dead in the water after his latest request was turned down by the Central Competitions Control Committee.

The want-away forward's home club Cavan Gaels has received confirmation of the decision and, as far as they're concerned, the saga is now at an end.

Cavan Gaels chairman Michael Mooney said in the Irish Examiner: "It's nice for it to come to a conclusion and we can now concentrate on football and get him back in the squad.

"Cavan Gaels always want to see the best players playing for Cavan Gaels and for the county. We definitely have no ill-feeling, it was never an issue that he didn't want to play with Cavan Gaels, he wanted to play county football and felt that he wasn't wanted by Cavan.

"He trained with us recently and he was very welcome."

The 27-year-old had sought a move to the Lilywhites after he was sensationally omitted from the Cavan panel by manager Val Andrews last November, but doubts over the player's permanently residency (he claimed he lived in Straffan, Co, Kildare) has thus far prevented the transfer from going through.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=163614
That decision should have been made long ago. The only loser from this has been Johnston. Andrews has actually received alot of support in the county and it seems to me that Johnston is now seen by many as a figurehead for the negative characteristics of players from previous years.

His reputation in Cavan has been invariably tarnished and, even if Andrews moves on, it'll be a bold move by any future manager to call him back into the setup.

Cavan's 'Saipan' is over at least it seems.
Thread Closed