Nic Cage: Genius or Nutball? - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-11-2011, 19:11   #31
Mickeroo

I pretty much a gree with Sad Professor. He's a great actor but he just does loads of movies for no other reason than to be paid. When he's good he can be awesome though.
Advertisement
21-11-2011, 19:11   #32
Darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
Agree with the whore part. Off beat roles suit him imo but still he's brutal. That said, Hollywood keep casting him in a lot of big movies.
He should go back to doing some smaller films but his massive debts won't allow that. He owed something like 20 million to the IRS awhile back and has debt all over the place, so until that's cleared don't hold out much hope of him doing anything interesting.
21-11-2011, 19:14   #33
Darko

The Wicker Man remake is a work of comic genius.

21-11-2011, 19:54   #34
Sad Professor
Information Retrieval

I didn't know about his debts. Makes sense though. According to this he's quite the lavish spender. At one point he owned two islands in the Bahamas, a dozen houses and over 50 cars, including the former Shah of Iran's Lamborghini which Cage bought for half a million dollars.
21-11-2011, 20:02   #35
Darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Professor View Post
I didn't know about his debts. Makes sense though. According to this he's quite the lavish spender. At one point he owned two islands in the Bahamas, a dozen houses and over 50 cars, including the former Shah of Iran's Lamborghini which Cage bought for half a million dollars.
He even owned a number of castles across the world, man is one of those people who should have been taught the value of a dollar a long time ago. I'm just surprised that he isn't shattering a cell with Snipes considering how much he owes the tax man.
Advertisement
21-11-2011, 21:19   #36
bnt

His financial situation is how we know he's really a meathead. On film you can look smart or stupid, but getting his money situation that wrong is on a whole 'nother level ...
21-11-2011, 23:02   #37
Da Shins Kelly
Closed Account

I hate him so much. His voice really grates on me.
21-11-2011, 23:04   #38
Cameron Poe
Closed Account

Genius
22-11-2011, 01:14   #39
kraggy
Closed Account

He was immense in Adaptation.

And he was hilarious in Bad Lieutenant, a film which I think was very underated. It's one of my favourites of the last couple of years.

And he was great in Kick Ass. He's done quite a bit of good stuff actually.
Advertisement
22-11-2011, 13:39   #40
Whiskey in the Jar

personally I like him in Face/Off, 8MM and Gone in 60 seconds, but that's all. Rate a lot of actors higher than him
22-11-2011, 14:00   #41
Ghost Train
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Shins Kelly View Post
I hate him so much. His voice really grates on me.
Voice can be bit annoying

think he suits some roles but he's average in a lot of films
22-11-2011, 15:47   #42
LittleBook
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by subway View Post
i think he's great, enjoy most of his films.
this handy reference chart was produced previously, which is quite entertaining

Entertaining and (IMO) pretty accurate except that I'd rate Season of the Witch higher than City of Angels.
22-11-2011, 15:51   #43
FortuneChip

He's had some exotic hairstyles over the years!
Superb array!
22-11-2011, 15:52   #44
nm

Con-Air was a stone cold classic
(2) thanks from:
22-11-2011, 16:05   #45
RopeDrink
SpamBlammer 2000

For me I don't think too much about Nic as a whole. I like some of his movies, don't like some of his movies... Seeing the name in Bold Print won't sell me on seeing said movies, yet I have no problem watching him.

I do feel he's a good actor in that he never seems to take half measures and makes the effort regardless of wether or not the movie looks like it's just going to completely tank, but even then I wouldn't really care much if he's in X or not.

Just one of the many people on the "Meh" list I have where I'm not fussed either way.

Yes I watched Bad Lieutenant, yes it wasn't a fantastic movie but yes, he was fantastic in it and I think only for him it'd have been totally unenjoyable - I didn't really like Kick Ass all that much but I do remember Cage doing a stellar job in it. The Rock, Con Air and other supposed "Classics" aren't my thing but I've seen them and I'm pretty sure Cage did a good job. Leaving Las Vegas? Yep, good job etc Wicker Man? Good god that movie took the cake, ate it and farted out crumbs but Nic relished it anyways - Infact I actually enjoyed the movie purely because of the completely bonkers OTT madness, probably thanks in part fo Cage just going along with it in madcap fashion.

No idea how to describe it other than... Well, think of a physical manifestation of a half-hearted shrug.

He's cool, he's an actor, he 'works' primarily with little regard for the quality - But hey, some people are just like that.

Last edited by RopeDrink; 22-11-2011 at 16:09.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion