here are some of the previous incarnations of the draft
Originally Posted by Me in the hot links sticky
Simply its a typical sports fantasy draft where you get to pick a wrestler or tag team (must fall within certain ground rules like no world champions in the tag team) every round and build a roster. Then at the end produce a PPV card to showcase your roster before we vote on a winner.
To further elaborate here are the rules from last year although in some rounds we have special stipulations about who can and cant be picked which may void the rules i.e a round where debut date of wrestler is irrelevant. Looks like a lot of rules but it isnt really
- You have 24 hours to make your pick. If you miss your pick you will have to wait until after number 20 has chosen to make your pick. You will be PM'd about your missed pick and if you miss your pick twice, you will be eliminated from the contest. Your roster will then be either given to a reserve, or the r
oster will be divided up in a later round.
- If you are banned, for any length of time, during the draft, you will be eliminated from the contest. Your roster will then be either given to a reserve, or the roster will be divied up in a later round.
- In the game no wrestler can be chosen twice. For example, if someone selects Stone Cold then Stone Cold is no longer available for anybody else!
- Each person makes fifteen picks over fifteen rounds. One choice per round. Everyone gets their turn.
Tag Teams come as a package so for example if you want the Dudleys then you don't have to pick Bubba one round and then D-Von the next. The rules for tag teams are as follows:
- Cannot have a world champion in them ie no DX or Hart Foundation
- Must have tagged together for at least 3 months
- Inter gender tag teams not allowed
- Members of factions, ie Saturn and Malenko, are not deemed valid picks as they are not classed as legit tag teams under the criteria for the game.
- 5 tag teams is the maximum amount of teams for each roster
World titles are considered as the following:
WWE, World Heavyweight Title/WCW, TNA and NWA
(Note: For the benefit of the game as a whole and to reflect the realistic loss in prestige of the NWA Title, only holders of the NWA Title up until the WCW World Championship came into use will be regarded as World Champions for the purposes of the game. )
WWE, TNA, ROH, anything historically going under the NWA banner.
No professional debuts pre 1970 are eligible. There will be a round for pre 1970 picks. There will also be a celeb round where celebs who have appeared on wrestling TV are elibible for picks.
- To determine wrestler debuts we will use Wikipedia as in previous years. If you feel the Wikipedia entry is incorrect you can PM me or one of the mods to state your case.
- people who would be considerd Celebs more so than wrestlers are only eligable to be drafted in the special celeb round and not in any other round
- Dark matches and try out matches will not be valid cases this year for selecting a wrestler.
- Managers and female wrestlers are eligible if people wish to pick them. Commentators have not been included in recent years.
Like last year there will be special rounds to shake the game up a bit and keep everyone on their toes. gimmick has a few tricks up his sleeve for us to deal with again I am sure. Round 1 is a stip round so read about that below.
Note - Rules may be amended during the contest to help run the game smoother if it's felt this is necessary but we will aim to ensure everyone is kept up to date if this has to happen.
anybody think any rules need to be alterd or added? I'm still not sure about the tag team limit personally and could see not having it in the game this time round.
draft usually starts at the start of January so this is a very early heads up as when its first come first served with the first 20 posters competing. We can always use some backups too and others commenting on picks etc is welcome once you dont mention undrafted superstars