Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I've gone through phases of sweating and I wldnt normally sweat that much (I'm always too cold!)
    Hate it tho, because your just in work, having showered about an hour before hand and you feel like you haven't seen water in days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm not sweating - but I am overheating quite dramatically.
    I'm constantly going around with a big red face, and nearly fainted on the train this morning because I found it so hot. And I was in a t-shirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Hi Ladies,

Hope all the mums to be and bumps are doing well xx

I'm 15w6d's on second baby :-)
    Just wondering if anyone has a big bump already at this stage....i look about 6 months+. Granted I didn't lose all the baby weight after baby no 1 (she will be 2 in March) but I'm fecken huge! I'd say my boobs can be seen from outet space...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Girls my throat :(:(

I cannot clear this phlegm no matter what.I'm getting sick 4-5 times because of it.. Anyone any tips??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

WWC1 I wish I had a bump...mines tiny tiny :( I think on your second it always shows up faster? My boobs are much much bigger though and itchy!!

No idea about the phlegm Java sorry... it's horrid though...

I'm in doc next week I'm finding getting so dizzy lately and weak... which is strange cuz they told me that'd go as I was eating but I'm finding it nearly worse now! Trying to hide it a bit from my poor husband too cuz he worries so much about me and any sort of dizziness freaks him out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

WWC1 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone has a big bump already at this stage....i look about 6 months+. Granted I didn't lose all the baby weight after baby no 1 (she will be 2 in March) but I'm fecken huge! I'd say my boobs can be seen from outet space...
    I'm 14+2 and I'm showing quite a bit, not in maternity pants yet but will definatley have to wear them next week I'd say.
    I'm on my 2nd too but my daughter is turning 11!!!! So I have no excuse.!

I have a massive bump, and I'm only 15 weeks on my first.

I was never skinny, but I was a size 14 waist/hip pre-pregnancy... and slowly but surely on my way to becoming a 12... but since getting pregnant, my already rather ample bosom has taken on a life of its own (I was a 34FF, now I would say a 36H, possibly bigger) - I can't even squeeze closed my previously baggy shirts across the chest, there's a good 2 inch gap when pulled as tight as I can.

And then there is the belly - i've seen women smaller at term than I am now. If the doc wasn't certain I was only having one, I'd think there was triplets in there :)

I put it down to stopping any sort of strenuous exercise, and drinking more milk and fruit juice (when I used to drinkl only water). I used to do zumba for 45 minutes every single morning, but since getting pregnant the bouncing around felt wrong. So, I do very little exercise... apart from the occasional walk, which just doesn't seem to burn any calories.

But to be honest, I'm just going to accept whatever pregnancy throws at me and whatever shape comes with it. Once Le Baby is born, I can work to get back in shape... whatever it takes.

oh has vomiting bug. i.m getting it now too :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Have terrible migraine last 3 days kept me awake most of the night. Anyone else suffer migraine? Have any hints for not chopping your head off?

theg81der wrote: »
    Have terrible migraine last 3 days kept me awake most of the night. Anyone else suffer migraine? Have any hints for not chopping your head off?
    My mother started getting migraines when she was pregnant with her first 36 yrs ago. She gets the bad ever since, she could be bed ridden forc3 days with them is in a migraine association and all.
    I started getting bad headaches when I got pregnant. I've had maybe 2 migraines and the rest were just bad headaches. And sometimes I just have a slight headache that seems to go on forever.
    I think I have discovered something that triggers mine....jelly beans! I had done Sunday night and had a really bad one on Monday. Then I had some on we'd night and I still have a headache from them.
    My mom said there is something in the coating.
    I think the best thing you can do is. Drink plenty water. Try and have a lie down in a dark room. Take a paracetamol if it's very bad.

• Advertisement

I suffer from migraines, both the normal kind and the ocular (much scarier, but far less painful) ones - and have done since I was a wee thing. I have a few warning signs, so usually have about an hour to get home, make it dark and go to bed before it becomes impossible to function. I get them about once a month, slightly less in Winter than in Summer.

The only thing I would recommend is absolute total darkness, silence, and a cold compress on your forehead. Drink water if you can do it without vomitting. Vomitting with a migraine is the most unbearable situation I have ever been in, and and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Take paracetamol if you have to, but to be honest, I find it does nothing at all for a full blown migraine. There's very little over the counter medication that does, and certainly nothing you can take during pregnancy. There is a pressure point on your thumb that seems to relieve the pain slightly - i'll see if I can find a link for you.

I get headaches a lot, light is a serious trigger for me in general, I can't have two different light sources in my vision at once if that makes any sense, like a computer screen in front of a window, or the living room light in view while watching the TV, or even sunlight dappling through the trees when I'm moving in the car - its like an insta-headache maker. Thankfully, because I know this I can avoid it most of the time.

This is the point that I've had some luck with:
    http://natural-migraine-cure.info/relieve-migraine-headaches-with-pressure-point-on-your-hand/

Hopefully it will make you feel better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hope you feel better java. If it's the phlegm (and not bug) making you sick, see the doc, but I know cutting down on dairy or at least switching to all organic dairy helps stop excess mucuous. But see the doc.
    WWC1 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

This is my first baby so I have NO excuse for showing so early, I think my stomach muscles are just absolute rubbish and that's why everything is hanging out. I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and I look much further along. Have to get maternity work trousers this weekend. I'm normally a size 12 rest of the time but have always had a slightly rounded little belly, it's never been a washboard.

Got call re bloods done for NT scan (for downs & serious disorders) and all seems fine. Very low risk. I wasn't really worried about it but I'm glad it's out of the way and can tell more people now.

Telling the boss later, I'm absolutely dreading it, wish me luck.

Thanks Mink,
    Feel ok for now, don't think I'm sick. Poor Mr.Java has been locked away till he's better. I'm thinking maybe the phlegm causing me to puke maybe has saved me from the bug.

Hope your all well ladies, Bump says hey..

Well that's a relief, java - not the nicest way to avoid a bug, but if it worked... :D

Have you tried hot showers and steam?
    I'm not sure if Vicks/Eucalyptus is safe during pregnancy, but steam alone should be some relief before you get to see your GP.

Kash wrote: »
    Well that's a relief, java - not the nicest way to avoid a bug, but if it worked... :D

Have you tried hot showers and steam?
    I'm not sure if Vicks/Eucalyptus is safe during pregnancy, but steam alone should be some relief before you get to see your GP.

Did that last night before bed, it did help!!

Good thing I avoided the bug, My mam is going to my uncle's 50th in London and I am meant to be minding my 6 and 7 year old brother and sister!!So Mr.Java stays here while I go baking cupcakes yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Kash wrote: »
    I suffer from migraines, both the normal kind and the ocular (much scarier, but far less painful) ones - and have done since I was a wee thing. I have a few warning signs, so usually have about an hour to get home, make it dark and go to bed before it becomes impossible to function. I get them about once a month, slightly less in Winter than in Summer.

The only thing I would recommend is absolute total darkness, silence, and a cold compress on your forehead. Drink water if you can do it without vomitting. Vomitting with a migraine is the most unbearable situation I have ever been in, and and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Take paracetamol if you have to, but to be honest, I find it does nothing at all for a full blown migraine. There's very little over the counter medication that does, and certainly nothing you can take during pregnancy. There is a pressure point on your thumb that seems to relieve the pain slightly - i'll see if I can find a link for you.

I get headaches a lot, light is a serious trigger for me in general, I can't have two different light sources in my vision at once if that makes any sense, like a computer screen in front of a window, or the living room light in view while watching the TV, or even sunlight dappling through the trees when I'm moving in the car - its like an insta-headache maker. Thankfully, because I know this I can avoid it most of the time.

Yea your like me Kash had migraine since I can remember and got worse when periods begun usually have them half of every month, 3 different types all with aura's. Had very few in pregnancy till a week and a half ago then every day since but last nights one was unbearable, my hubby could actually feel the throbbing and I couldn't move or I was going to vomit. Tailing of now thou :-) someone recommended massage every week and I may try that see if it helps, will try chemist as well.

theg81der wrote: »
    Yea your like me Kash had migraine since I can remember and got worse when periods begun usually have them half of every month, 3 different types all with aura's. Had very few in pregnancy till a week and a half ago then every day since but last nights one was unbearable, my hubby could actually feel the throbbing and I couldn't move or I was going to vomit. Tailing of now thou :-) someone recommended massage every week and I may try that see if it helps, will try chemist as well.

Yeah, same scenario here. Sometimes chopping your head off seems like a great option. I've been the same though, got worse in puberty, and have only one so far in the pregnancy (alothough it was particularly horrendous), so I'm thanking my lucky stars and hoping they stay lucky.

A friend recommended... crap... that thing where they give you a teeny weeny tablet with almost nothing in it... alternative medicine... grrr... i'm drawing a blank! My pregnacy brain is much dafter than my pre-pregnancy brain...

EDIT: Homeopathy. Homepathic remedies. Her mum is a practitioner, and has had great success with migraine sufferers. I have never been personally, but it might be worth looking into.

Oh girls, sorry to hear about the migranes. Must be terrible when u can't take anything.

And poor Mr Java...but glad u avoided it.

On the baby brain, Ive done some really daft things. I went to put corn flakes into the fridge this morning, like opened the door and everything and was staring into the fridge wondering how I wld fit it in.

I went to make an outside call in work the other day, but dialled my office switch instead. The girls r still laughing at me. Even my boss was like that's what pregnancy does!

kildareash wrote: »
    Oh girls, sorry to hear about the migranes. Must be terrible when u can't take anything.

And poor Mr Java...but glad u avoided it.

On the baby brain, Ive done some really daft things. I went to put corn flakes into the fridge this morning, like opened the door and everything and was staring into the fridge wondering how I wld fit it in.

I went to make an outside call in work the other day, but dialled my office switch instead. The girls r still laughing at me. Even my boss was like that's what pregnancy does!
    Yesterday I got out the shower and rubbed toothpaste into my arse instead of my maternity cream !! Tingly!

• Advertisement

Oh java, that's bad! Thank god it wasn't the maternity cream on your toothbrush tho!

Damn you Java! That made me explode laughing just when one of the girls was telling her 'tragic' lovelife stories... she's still giving me dirty looks :D

At least your farts will be "minty fresh" for a while java!

Anyone else having really vivid dreams? Mine are so trippy, with the occasional sex dream to boot :-) but seriously I remember every detail of these weird dreams, like watching a movie with a full script and everything. This only started maybe two weeks ago!

Minty fresh farts lol!!
    Had to get back into the shower to wash it off!! Lesson learned on baby brain, must rethink EVERYTHING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

hi all & congratulations!
    also a july mum to be- due on the 22nd.. Have been reading through the last few pages of threads and it's all sounding very familiar... It's so reassuring to hear I'm not the only one who cries her way through 'One born every minute!' am almost 14 weeks and not going to get away with wearing my own clothes for much longer - anyone know where is good for reasonably priced nice maternity clothes???

Hi trions and welcome to the club :)

This forum is great for support if u need it and answers to your questions. It's a relief to log on and see some other person has a similar symptom.

On the maternity clothes, I picked up a few bits in the sales from next and
    Mothercare.
    A friend recently recommended H&M, prices she was quoting sounded very reasonable.
    I found Dorothy Perkins a bit dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 linbrize09

Hi all,congrats every 1!Iam due the 20th of July,my 3rd pregnancy and defo the hardest.I have 2 boys 5 and 2.but would love a girl but don't really care as long as all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Congrats trions and linbrize :D

On maternity clothes New Look have some lovely stuff too! Next have some nice clothes too!

In proving there's humour in every situation: my husband told me I looked like the girl from the exorcist puking today... so I got a fit of the giggles... while puking :p .... whats worse is I really did!! I should know better than to drink so much water so fast but hey I was thirsty!

The two of us ended up sitting on the floor of the bathroom laughing our heads off... im sure I looked very attractive!!!

Welcome to the newbies.

I picked up two pairs of nice "over the bump" work trousers in Pumpkin Patch (in Blanch shopping centre but I think in other places too) for 16 euro each. They were reduced from 35.

Word of warning though, I'm a 12 bordering on a 14 and the small fit me fine with a bit of room in the legs and bum for "growth".

• Advertisement

Went "looking" at baby stuff yesterday.
    My friend had called on Saturday and totally confused me with talk about maxi cosi's, quinny's, Phil and teds and isofix's....

We went to tony kealy's first, we didn't speak to anyone but I looked around, then went to mothercare and got talking to a girl there.
    It's confusing stuff really. My friend had said that maxi cosi car seats are the best and the fit the isofix and most buggy bases. We did look at a Phil and teds that can hold 2 kids, and getting the maxi cosi car seat that will fit into it. as we will be hoping to try again at the end of 2013.

Has anybody have any idea what kind of buggy you'll be getting.

I also bought one pair of maternity jeans in new look for €18.99. Very comfy.

Advertisement