Due July 2012 Thread - Page 20 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-12-2011, 20:01   #286
javagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by theg81der View Post
My understanding was to go to the EPU because they said here in 2 weekss. Are you Drogheda aswell? I know what you mean I feel like a scan junkie wish I could have one attached to me.
Scan Junkie lol!
No I'm in Portlaoise- have my first official scan on Jan 9th. Have an exam that day so I may postpone it
Advertisement
18-12-2011, 20:39   #287
theg81der

Quote:
Originally Posted by javagal View Post
Scan Junkie lol!
No I'm in Portlaoise- have my first official scan on Jan 9th. Have an exam that day so I may postpone it
4.1 is going to be my 2nd. I`m worried but I take my new constant morning sickness as a good sign.
18-12-2011, 22:37   #288
silly

Well girls at nearly 10 weeks I thought I was safe from morning sickness, but no. I am now the proud owner of not morning sickness, but night sickness.
I get really really tired from about 7pm on, and that's when the queasiness starts. Had my first (tmi) puke tonight. Darn it anyway! Hopefully it's a once off.
Had a bit of a disaster as well today. By a freak coincidence someone mentioned to my mom about me being pregnant. She was extremely upset I hadn't told her. I was upset I didn't get to tell her as I was looking forward to telling her on Christmas day....
18-12-2011, 23:05   #289
theg81der

Quote:
Originally Posted by silly View Post
Well girls at nearly 10 weeks I thought I was safe from morning sickness, but no. I am now the proud owner of not morning sickness, but night sickness.
I get really really tired from about 7pm on, and that's when the queasiness starts. Had my first (tmi) puke tonight. Darn it anyway! Hopefully it's a once off.
Had a bit of a disaster as well today. By a freak coincidence someone mentioned to my mom about me being pregnant. She was extremely upset I hadn't told her. I was upset I didn't get to tell her as I was looking forward to telling her on Christmas day....
o no that sucks! kill whoever it was and blame the hormones
19-12-2011, 09:46   #290
kildareash

Oh no Silly, my heart sank when I read your post.
I've been feeling good for the last couple of days, the thoughts of it coming back just makes me wanna cry!

Sorry your mum found out that way. Must be so upsetting for you both.
Advertisement
19-12-2011, 11:59   #291
Kash

Quote:
Aw silly, thats so frustrating! People with big mouths should get a clip across the ear every time they open them in my opinion

But I am sure your Mum will understand that you were hoping for a big Christmas day revelation

My morning sickness comes and goes now, some days it's really bad, oteher days I get nothing - I have found original hulahoops to be the only cure. Hopefully, you'll only get a mild dose - or just the once off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink
Another personal question for those brave enough to answer... anyone doing the wild thing? We haven't since found out I'm preg. Mainly because I've been feeling off & sore but also my OH is a little bit freaked out re causing damage. I have this feeling that if we did attempt anything it would hurt as my cervix is quite low and it can get knocked around by getting jiggy with it even without being pregnant and it's not a nice sensation at all! I guess we're just going to play it by ear and see if we want to in the weeks ahead. It's weird not doing it though as we're normally a 2-3 times a wk couple!
Hubby got back into the country on Friday (yay!) and we did get jiggy with it, but just the once since Friday, which in fairness is a lot less than we would have done pre-pregnancy. I've just been so tired that I'm not full of my usual enthusiasm, if you know what I mean. Luckily, he's being very understanding - and I'm sure we can make up for lost time in the second trimester.

In other news, I called my GP and they told me to call the maternity hospital, and voila, I have my scan on the 5th of Jan.Hubby will be back in Berlin, so he's a bit sad to miss it - but I'm sure he'll make the next one.

It's at 8:30 in the morning, so I shouldn't have too long to wait. I am really looking forward to it!
19-12-2011, 15:57   #292
javagal

Ooh I'm so excited for tomorrow!!!!

This week, rather than hate veggies, I am now craving yoghurts!!
19-12-2011, 18:52   #293
Fri.Day

Good luck tommorrow Javagirl - everytime I eat my yoghurt I say "mmmm baby bones"
Mink no jiggy since the actual baby making time, we`re cautious enough since I miscarried last time so we`re kind erring on the safe side, honestly not missing it cos of the morning sickness which is now exclusively "evening" sickness. Can`t wait for after 13 weeks - he won`t know what hit him!!!
I haven`t got any appointments from hospital yet, I recently moved house so I might check out the old address just in case. Although I`m in Galway so no scans til 20/22 weeks. I got a private scan anyway at 8weeks4days so that helped me relax a bit more..
Saturday morning I went through nearly all trousers to get any to fit me, had to go to work with the top button open in the end...
So I given in and got a lovely pair of stretchy pants in dunnes for €12 Bargain!! I was a size 6 then 8 and now I`m a size 10 at 8st6lbs up 6lbs
A nice woman said to me today I "looked" pregnant, at 10 weeks tomorrow I`m surprised at my bump, thought I wouldn`t show til 16/18 weeks
20-12-2011, 09:37   #294
Kiwi2011

Hi Everyone.

Hope all doing well. I had a scan last week, whcih was great to see things were all fine, By my calculations I should be 11 weeks+1, they say 9+2, but not sure how this works as by my calculations this is not possible as I would have tested positive before was even pregnant if this was the case???

Feel totally blown up, guessing it just bloating, my clothes feel uncomfortable and I hate anything tight aroung my waist at the best of times! think Ill be going shopping over the xmas holidays for some stretchy pants or something!

We told both our families last week after the scan, they were all shocked but delighted - my mum even dropped the phone when I told her!

have a bit of a deliema - am in the process of being offered a new job in the HSE, they approached me as a suitable position has become funded, dont know whether to keep my mouth shut or if I should say something? Not as if its a small businesss that would be totally affected by recruiting someone then soon after off on maternity? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Advertisement
20-12-2011, 09:57   #295
kildareash

This shld be my last up the walls busy day in work till the new year! Woohoo!
Can't wait to be able to take it a bit easier over the next couple of days. Hopefully I won't be as exhausted in the evenings
20-12-2011, 12:42   #296
javagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi2011 View Post
Hi Everyone.

Hope all doing well. I had a scan last week, whcih was great to see things were all fine, By my calculations I should be 11 weeks+1, they say 9+2, but not sure how this works as by my calculations this is not possible as I would have tested positive before was even pregnant if this was the case???

Feel totally blown up, guessing it just bloating, my clothes feel uncomfortable and I hate anything tight aroung my waist at the best of times! think Ill be going shopping over the xmas holidays for some stretchy pants or something!

We told both our families last week after the scan, they were all shocked but delighted - my mum even dropped the phone when I told her!

have a bit of a deliema - am in the process of being offered a new job in the HSE, they approached me as a suitable position has become funded, dont know whether to keep my mouth shut or if I should say something? Not as if its a small businesss that would be totally affected by recruiting someone then soon after off on maternity? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Same happened with me kiwi about the dating.
But my dates were right and I am very delighted to say I am 11+1..

Girls,
Cuteness!!!

Edit: baby was asleep when I went for scan and didn't wanna move(lazy like its parents) and after 5 mins of poking and proding it did a "lil feck off please "flip for us!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(2).JPG (1.69 MB, 79 views)

Last edited by javagal; 20-12-2011 at 13:10.
(5) thanks from:
20-12-2011, 13:20   #297
Kash

Quote:
Hi Everyone.

I can't figure out the dating system at all - I find it so bizarre that you can be pregnant when the baby is nothing more than a twinkle in your eye!

Quote:
Hi Everyone.

I would probably wait until I had the job - I know this might be considered bad form, but as you say - it is not a small company that will be badly affected by your maternity leave, and that would swing the balance for me. If this is a job that you really want, then I wouldn't want to let your pregnancy influence it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kildareash View Post
This shld be my last up the walls busy day in work till the new year! Woohoo!
Can't wait to be able to take it a bit easier over the next couple of days. Hopefully I won't be as exhausted in the evenings
Yay! My boss went on vacation last friday, so it's been a light-ish week.
But I cannot wait to go to France on Thursday! Remember to put your feet up!

Quote:
Girls,
Cuteness
Aw, Java - that's absoluetely dotey

I had a dentist appointment today, one of my fillings fell out.
So now my face is numb and I'm feeling decidedly sorry for myself.
But my dentist said that gum disease and gingivitis can easily be caused by pregnancy, so she reccommends all pregnant women get their teeth cleaned during their pregnancy, in case any of you are overdue a checkup. I've got to go in after christmas to get that done.
Thanks from:
20-12-2011, 13:25   #298
silly

Loving the scan photos girls! So cute!

Well we have all our families told bar my brother (who I'm telling this eve) this will be a toughy as they have just decided to give up trying after numerous failed ivf treatments.

Both families were delighted except my husband mother... Doesn't surprise me really.
The three hardest things he has had to do ever was to tell her that he was going out with me ( single mother shock horror!) the second was that we were engaged (said she wasn't going- but she did) and this, telling her that I'm pregnant. She thought it was "too soon". We are married since sept and got pregnant in Oct. So I dont see what's wrong with that!!! I'll be 32 giving birth and my husband is 36. Did she think we should wait until he was 40!!!!

Makes me do mad when she puts a dampner on every happy occasion with her old fashioned views!

Anyway, any good apps I can download?? Now that everyone knows its safe to have this stuff on my phone.
20-12-2011, 13:32   #299
Mink

Quote:
Loving the scan photos girls! So cute!

Well we have all our families told bar my brother (who I'm telling this eve) this will be a toughy as they have just decided to give up trying after numerous failed ivf treatments.

Both families were delighted except my husband mother... Doesn't surprise me really.
The three hardest things he has had to do ever was to tell her that he was going out with me ( single mother shock horror!) the second was that we were engaged (said she wasn't going- but she did) and this, telling her that I'm pregnant. She thought it was "too soon". We are married since sept and got pregnant in Oct. So I dont see what's wrong with that!!! I'll be 32 giving birth and my husband is 36. Did she think we should wait until he was 40!!!!

Makes me do mad when she puts a dampner on every happy occasion with her old fashioned views!

Anyway, any good apps I can download?? Now that everyone knows its safe to have this stuff on my phone.
I have the What to Expect When You're Expecting app & I find it quote good. It's free too.

Re your mother-in-law, I would not try to see any rationality or reason in any of her opinions. You guys don't need that sort of negativity & bregrudgery. In fact I'd tell her & your OH you don't want to hear anything from her unless it's good/nice.
I've learnt the hard way that there is no pleasing people like that and they actually genuinely want you to feel bad to some degree, don't let it get to you, recognise where she is at and don't let it ruin such a special time in your life.

/rant
20-12-2011, 13:33   #300
Mink

Quote:
Same happened with me kiwi about the dating.
But my dates were right and I am very delighted to say I am 11+1..

Girls,
Cuteness!!!

Edit: baby was asleep when I went for scan and didn't wanna move(lazy like its parents) and after 5 mins of poking and proding it did a "lil feck off please "flip for us!!

Delighted for you java.... *can't wait for my scaaaaannnnn!!*
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion