Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-03-2012, 10:57   #1621
Kash

My hubby does a lot of cleaning around the house in general, but is really taking the brunt of it since I got pregnant - which is a real relief to be honest! He's a real legend.

I took the plunge and bought some cloth nappies:
http://www.babame.com/cloth-nappies/...-Pocket-Nappy/

I'm not too worried about the extra washing, and they seem really easy to use plus, they look awesome! I bought little matching leg warmers and everything
Advertisement
18-03-2012, 12:02   #1622
TwoMums2Be

Fair play to you Kash...not sure if I could manage that but they do look like a decent version if I was to go for reusable ones
18-03-2012, 19:17   #1623
cyning

Hubbie finally felt baby kick: 24 weeks! Was so excited

He does all the cooking in our house, we do have a cleaner who does an hour a week and he does everything else at moment: I do washing. Normally I do alot more but I can't now! He's pretty amazing at best of times worth his weight in gold

I got flowers today for mothers day
18-03-2012, 20:08   #1624
TwoMums2Be

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyning View Post
Hubbie finally felt baby kick: 24 weeks! Was so excited
Yeah for his first kick it's a great moment & sounds like you got a good one there
Thanks from:
18-03-2012, 22:30   #1625
Mink

Ooh jealous of the flowers Cyning! I didn't get anything, was kind of expecting something, but I knew it was 50/50 whether I would or not. Don't mind.

Congrats on OH feeling kicks. It's almost more exciting when the OH feels kicks for first time rather than when you do. I felt like he could finally share in it or something.

I got himself a pressie last week just off the cuff as a thanks for all the extra stuff he's been doing around the house. We've been together 11 years and up until a year ago he didn't really do much of anything at all. He did always work slightly longer hours than me so I didn't particularly have an issue, or kept it to myself.

But then we were working through some issues a year ago and he started taking up more jobs around the place off his own bat more or less. Then when I got in the family way he took even more on. But generally he's just been real sweet lately so I got him a boxset of a show he's been talking about getting for ages.

So reward those men ladies, ah sure it's nice to surprise them with an unexpected gift the odd time.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-03-2012, 22:49   #1626
javagal

i am so uncomfortable today, everywhere hurts! back pressure, pelvic pain Urgh!
19-03-2012, 07:56   #1627
kildareash

I forgot to turn off my alarm last night and I wouldn't mind but I was in a lovely sleep! Typical!

Must be the damp weather or something Java, I woke up sat morn and my back was aching. Was out for dinner with my friend that night and I ended up coming home by midnight coz I couldn't get comfortable.

Himself is back today, can't wait! Been the longest weekend ever for both of us. If I had told him I didn't want him to go on Friday morning, I'd say he would have stayed. Wierd, how pregnancy changes everything! I bet in a years time he'll be dying to get away for a full nights sleep!ha!
19-03-2012, 09:24   #1628
Saurelin

Send a message via Skype™ to Saurelin
Poor you Kildareash

I waked up with blocked nose and light fever.
Happily today I can rest and I have only some ironing to do.
19-03-2012, 10:44   #1629
kildareash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurelin View Post
Poor you Kildareash

I waked up with blocked nose and light fever.
Happily today I can rest and I have only some ironing to do.
Oh no, plenty of rest and vitamin C. Hope your feeling better soon. I'm sure the ironing can wait!
Advertisement
19-03-2012, 11:17   #1630
Saurelin

Send a message via Skype™ to Saurelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kildareash View Post
Oh no, plenty of rest and vitamin C. Hope your feeling better soon. I'm sure the ironing can wait!
I wish it could but I don't have any ok looking trousers or shirts for work this week - and we have quite strict dress code.
But it will take only half an hour

Alice is kicking today like mad, and my hubby is calling her litter kick-boxer.
19-03-2012, 22:08   #1631
cyning

Washing my babygrows and vests for my hospital bag: they are all hanging up on the clothes horse now drying: they are so small and cute It's making it feel so real: less than 16 weeks (probably closer to 14 for me) and I'm going to have a baby... a nice healthy baby. And I can stop vomiting every day! And have my life back!
Thanks from:
20-03-2012, 08:18   #1632
Kash

So, hubby is safe and sound in Budapest for the next 4 weeks. I miss him already - the house is very lonely without him. Sometimes living in the middle of nowhere has its disadvantages. At least he has a good internet connection, I don't know what we would do if there was no Skype!

Melody is kicking away, I think we may have a tiny dancer in there. My friends keep asking me to explain what it feels like, but I find it completely indescribable, it's such a unique experience. And the bump is so solid!

I started listening to the GentleBirth CDs in earnest over the weekend, and now that I'm over the inital giggles, I think they will help. I must sound like a right hippy with my hypno-birthing and my cloth nappies
20-03-2012, 09:27   #1633
TwoMums2Be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
I started listening to the GentleBirth CDs in earnest over the weekend, and now that I'm over the inital giggles, I think they will help. I must sound like a right hippy with my hypno-birthing and my cloth nappies
Hi Kash,
Glad your hubby made it safe & sound...I can imagine how lonely you must feel but Skype is a wonderful invention should make it that little bit easier!
Did you buy the antenatal pack for 70euro (not the vbac one)? I was thinking about giving them a go but was never any good at meditation so not sure if they will work for me if they would ease labour I'm happy to join the hippy club
20-03-2012, 10:10   #1634
Kash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoMums2Be View Post
Hi Kash,
Glad your hubby made it safe & sound...I can imagine how lonely you must feel but Skype is a wonderful invention should make it that little bit easier!
Did you buy the antenatal pack for 70euro (not the vbac one)? I was thinking about giving them a go but was never any good at meditation so not sure if they will work for me if they would ease labour I'm happy to join the hippy club
Thanks TwoMums - we've spent long periods of time apart in the past, and we do cope, but it's not easy. He was stuck in Cairo when all hell broke loose there last year - the worry was intense, but I think if we can get through that, we can get through anything.

It's the one for 69 something: GentleBirth™ Antenatal Program

There's another thread around here somewhere with a good few other Mums who have heartily recommeneded it.

I'm not much good at meditating either, but I've popped the mp3's on my phone and listen to them either first thing in the morning, or last thing at night. I'm also avoiding all birth stories (no 'One Born Every Minute' for me, thank you!) so that the experience will be mine alone. I'm a big believer in the fact that your imagination can make things much better or much, much worse, so I want to help it out in whatever way I can.

Hubby thinks I am a bit mad, but he happily supports me in all my crazyness if it makes me feel better.
20-03-2012, 11:01   #1635
javagal

so there we are, after our first intimate encounter in a while,
oh looks down at my round solid belly and proclaims "i just saw your belly move" moves in closer and it moves again "sorry baby!"

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion