Groupon/Clouds - Memory Foam Mattress - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-11-2011, 15:56   #16
bedzzz

When anyone receives there product, please post it here.
The offer was on 21st September, Now 23rd November.
They sold over 500 products so surely someone has got a delivery.
Advertisement
23-11-2011, 18:47   #17
Majesticzebras
Closed Account

Thanks d31b0y

Put my mind at ease....had bought them for my parents too....bit of a bummer!
24-11-2011, 01:16   #18
jimbling

And the deal is back up again now. Had been considering it, but had problems with the pillow (although got refund from at least) a while back, so decided to check up online. Glad I did now... Avoiding.
24-11-2011, 06:28   #19
norris

I bought this cloud mattress too and am just wondering now is it a scam. You can get a refund from groupon but can you get a refund from clouds on the shipping costs. 10 euro shipping by 500 customers who look like they got nothing.
24-11-2011, 08:44   #20
elle81

So Glad i found this thread. was just about to buy a superking one-think i`ll hold off now.
Am also interested in hearing if anyone received theirs??
Advertisement
24-11-2011, 11:56   #21
bedzzz

Here it is again.
http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national...y-foam/1756279

Have Groupon no shame
24-11-2011, 16:12   #22
CyCaboose

Hi all,

I have to say i am disappointed in Groupon for yet again offering this deal again, when so many people have not received their product from past deals.

I ordered a Memory Foam Pillow, it was on the Groupon deal on 8th October, I used the voucher on the 10th October and paid the shipping fee... I got an order number (which had a suspicious looking number), and not a peep since. Over a month and nothing. They won't reply to my emails either.

What are my options here? Will Groupon refund me? and if so, what about the delivery cost i've already paid to Clouds Memory Foam - do you think I can do a chargeback on this. Or am I better off just waiting longer?

It will be the last time I buy anything off Groupon thats for sure. I can't believe they're still offering more deals for these scammers
24-11-2011, 16:15   #23
Oryx
Soloist

Send a message via MSN to Oryx
From reading threads like this and similar, I wouldnt touch groupon with a bargepole. It seems that for every good offer, theres one that goes bad, like this, and how do you tell?
24-11-2011, 16:51   #24
Majesticzebras
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
From reading threads like this and similar, I wouldnt touch groupon with a bargepole. It seems that for every good offer, theres one that goes bad, like this, and how do you tell?
You would like to believe that GROUPON check the validity of the company before they post the offers....last time l will be caught! Are Clouds and GROUPON the same company?...............
Advertisement
24-11-2011, 17:27   #25
Oryx
Soloist

Send a message via MSN to Oryx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majesticzebras View Post
You would like to believe that GROUPON check the validity of the company before they post the offers....last time l will be caught! Are Clouds and GROUPON the same company?...............
I dont think its even a question of the validity of a company. On the radio yesterday they reported about a legit cupcake business in the uk that used groupon and ended up with 8000 loss making orders that they struggled to fill. They said its almost put them out of business. So I guess what happens is too many companies get oversubscribed groupon offers, which they cannot cope with. Im not sure whose fault that would be, but it shows the system is flawed and they dont seem to be fixing it.
24-11-2011, 17:58   #26
Majesticzebras
Closed Account

True oryx, but surely the company should only put forward the number of orders they can manage to cope with?

Well called GROUPON and explained the saga. Low and behold my pillows were sent to me this week!!!! No tracking order/date of postage/ guarantee...so asked for my money back.

It will take 10 working days, as they need a payback request from Clouds, due to the fact that they were posted

Will let you know if I shall sleep soundly.....
24-11-2011, 18:28   #27
Toffee15

I sent a link of this page to Groupon as I am having extreme difficulty in getting through to them. Sent another email to Clouds today and got a failure notice which is not great. Also, see that they now go under the name of Silver Moon Living. I have threatened the legal route which I am more than happy to pursue.
24-11-2011, 18:45   #28
Majesticzebras
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffee15 View Post
I sent a link of this page to Groupon as I am having extreme difficulty in getting through to them. Sent another email to Clouds today and got a failure notice which is not great. Also, see that they now go under the name of Silver Moon Living. I have threatened the legal route which I am more than happy to pursue.

Did you try to call them? I'm not sure they look at emails - turning cynical here......I've just noticed that the Memory Foam Mattress offer has been bought by 92 suckers!!
Would love to warn them not to bother...
24-11-2011, 18:53   #29
dudara
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majesticzebras View Post
True oryx, but surely the company should only put forward the number of orders they can manage to cope with?
Unfortunately that's not how it works. Companies actually really get a very hard sell from Groupon, and have very little control on how much money they get from the deal, or how many deals they will sell.

There have been several reports on the internet from businesses who suffered terribly from signing up to a Groupon deal. Read this post from the owner of a little cafe in the US to get more insight from the perspective of a small business.
24-11-2011, 19:00   #30
Toffee15

I rang them twice and got though to woman called <SNIP>. On Friday she said her system was down and that she would ring me back on Monday and believe it or not I am still waiting.Tried today but to no avail. <SNIP> advised me that I can get a refund on the price of the mattress but not delivery.

Last edited by dudara; 24-11-2011 at 19:02. Reason: Name removed

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion