Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

29-12-2011, 08:40   #1966
g0g

Just having a scan around other places out of curiosity...

1) What's the deal with www.viagogo.ie? Are they online touting or a tour operator or what? If I click into Spain Ireland it looks like they have around 260 tickets available at various prices starting from € 230 for a Cat 3 ticket. I don't get it - is it fans trading tickets or what? If not then where do they get them all! Similar for Croatia and Italy matches - there appear to be about 3 pages of ticket options for each!

2) Am I reading right this person wants € 400 per ticket!?
Advertisement
29-12-2011, 09:10   #1967
Vokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermot224 View Post
Set up a second account
For those of you setting up a second account on uefa.com .... are you using a different passport number (albeit a made-up one?) ?

I'm unable to buy any other tickets at the moment with my account now - I keep getting a 'You cannot select two matches played on the same day.' message when trying to buy any ticket
29-12-2011, 10:13   #1968
Colliemac29

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0g View Post

1) What's the deal with www.viagogo.ie? Are they online touting or a tour operator or what? If I click into Spain Ireland it looks like they have around 260 tickets available at various prices starting from € 230 for a Cat 3 ticket. I don't get it - is it fans trading tickets or what? If not then where do they get them all! Similar for Croatia and Italy matches - there appear to be about 3 pages of ticket options for each!

Viagogo sell tickets for people which can ask for anything over face value then viagogo add there own service charge on top, its crazy what people are asking for and crazier if people actually pay it!
29-12-2011, 11:44   #1969
Ant11

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0g View Post

The only legitimate website to buy tickets is the uefa site.
29-12-2011, 11:46   #1970
Ant11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermot224 View Post
Set up a second account
For those of you setting up a second account on uefa.com .... are you using a different passport number (albeit a made-up one?) ?

I'm unable to buy any other tickets at the moment with my account now - I keep getting a 'You cannot select two matches played on the same day.' message when trying to buy any ticket
Just used a mates passport number and have the postal and credit card address at my house.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-12-2011, 12:18   #1971
Ant11

Portal looking quiet again today.
29-12-2011, 12:22   #1972
Ant11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant11 View Post
Portal looking quiet again today.
HA, its great when ya post that the portal is quiet and then tickets pop up.
29-12-2011, 13:27   #1973
Euroguy

Heads up to anyone who has sold tickets on the Portal.

Today, a month after selling two tickets on the Portal, I get a e-mail from UEFA telling me they can't refund the money to the credit card I purchased them on and they will require bank details in order to process the refund.

They had no trouble taking the money off the card it was gone in a flash after I bought them. So much for having the money returned 7 days after the sale. Imagine the bank will charge as well for the refund.
29-12-2011, 13:29   #1974
German Soccerfever

Which Game came in, Ant ??
Advertisement
29-12-2011, 13:30   #1975
Ant11

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Soccerfever View Post
Which Game came in, Ant ??
ENG FRA same as always
29-12-2011, 13:31   #1976
Ant11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post

Today, a month after selling two tickets on the Portal, I get a e-mail from UEFA telling me they can't refund the money to the credit card I purchased them on and they will require bank details in order to process the refund.

They had no trouble taking the money off the card it was gone in a flash after I bought them. So much for having the money returned 7 days after the sale. Imagine the bank will charge as well for the refund.
SLY fxxkers.
29-12-2011, 13:33   #1977
German Soccerfever

Not nice, Ant, but I think you are right ;-)
29-12-2011, 13:36   #1978
Mr_Roger_Bongos

Anyone booked accommodation for Poznan?

I have a hostel reserved but they are requesting payment by bank transfer to avoid credit card commission due to the large amount.

Account is in the hostels name, hostel is legit, but i'd just prefer paying by credit card just in case. Any thoughts?!
29-12-2011, 13:47   #1979
Ant11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Roger_Bongos View Post
Anyone booked accommodation for Poznan?

I have a hostel reserved but they are requesting payment by bank transfer to avoid credit card commission due to the large amount.

Account is in the hostels name, hostel is legit, but i'd just prefer paying by credit card just in case. Any thoughts?!
I'd try getting more information about the Hostel or even speak to your bank about it. I wouldn't feel comfortable paying that way theres too much dodgy **** going around. Is bank draft an option?
29-12-2011, 14:07   #1980
Vokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post

What was the reason they gave for been unable to refund to credit card?

I'm expecting a refund on some other tickets too :/
Thread Closed