Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
11-11-2011, 10:01   #31
TheChevron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 703
I see that Three deal; I know a few people on it, and up until I seen this deal I was destined to get it.

I now think that the Meteor deal is better. If you are using under 200 mins + Texts a month and are using under 1gb of data, then €15 is better than €20. Simple maths. 15 is lower than 20.
If however you are using more that the above Calls Texts and Data, maybe the Three offer is better.

For me, the Meteor offer looks the business, and its only a 1 month contract so I'm going to give it a shot, for a month at least.
TheChevron is offline  
Advertisement
11-11-2011, 10:06   #32
TheChevron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 703
Do the inclusive minutes on this include calls to landlines?
TheChevron is offline  
11-11-2011, 10:16   #33
SB-08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 574
Is this deal for a limited time only? Think I'll switch from Vodafone PAYG but have just topped up by €30 so am going to wait till I get the 4S at Xmas and then switch to this Meteor deal.
SB-08 is offline  
11-11-2011, 11:20   #34
Africa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Means Where you live
Posts: 1,227
I ordered this last Monday; I was charged admin fee, and then on Tuesday got a mail that my order was cancelled, no reason given. 6 emails later and over an hour of being on hold, no idea why, or if ill get that one euro back.

Absolutely disgusted by their customer service and not for the first time.
Africa is offline  
11-11-2011, 11:36   #35
bryaner
Registered User
 
bryaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Meath
Posts: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa View Post
I ordered this last Monday; I was charged admin fee, and then on Tuesday got a mail that my order was cancelled, no reason given. 6 emails later and over an hour of being on hold, no idea why, or if ill get that one euro back.

Absolutely disgusted by their customer service and not for the first time.
Did you get your sim or did they just take a euro on you..

Last edited by bryaner; 11-11-2011 at 11:38.
bryaner is offline  
Advertisement
11-11-2011, 11:37   #36
SB-08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 574
^That is terrible. Have been trying to find out when this deal expires, and their contact form on their website doesn't work, and the forum seems pretty poor with loads of people not getting any response.
SB-08 is offline  
11-11-2011, 11:41   #37
Africa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Means Where you live
Posts: 1,227
No; I havent gotten the sim card or a decent reply yet. Disgusted by their awful service.
Africa is offline  
11-11-2011, 11:51   #38
Beekay
Registered User
 
Beekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,727
I've been on Meteor for years now and have never had a problem with their service when I have rang...never even had long waiting times.

Just rang them there to ask for the 10 euro discount applied to my 25 euro bill pay smart lite plan and it was no problem at all.
Beekay is offline  
11-11-2011, 11:53   #39
G S R
Registered User
 
G S R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: up jacks arse, and around the corner
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekay View Post
I've been on Meteor for years now and have never had a problem with their service when I have rang...never even had long waiting times.

Just rang them there to ask for the 10 euro discount applied to my 25 euro bill pay smart lite plan and it was no problem at all.
Did you have to go through to the cancellations team for this, or what did you say?
G S R is offline  
Advertisement
11-11-2011, 11:54   #40
leggit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChevron View Post
I see that Three deal; I know a few people on it, and up until I seen this deal I was destined to get it.

I now think that the Meteor deal is better. If you are using under 200 mins + Texts a month and are using under 1gb of data, then €15 is better than €20. Simple maths. 15 is lower than 20.
If however you are using more that the above Calls Texts and Data, maybe the Three offer is better.

For me, the Meteor offer looks the business, and its only a 1 month contract so I'm going to give it a shot, for a month at least.
I think what you're missing here is that all the stuff we get is free, you still have €20 credit on top of it to use too. I also get given €10 free credit every month.

Last month I had €16 still on my account when topping up another €20! Haven't even gotten to my free credit yet which is at €35 too!
leggit is offline  
11-11-2011, 11:57   #41
Beekay
Registered User
 
Beekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by G S R View Post
Did you have to go through to the cancellations team for this, or what did you say?
No, I just rang 1800 638 367 and said there was no option for me to change my plan as I was already a bill pay smart lite customer and could they apply the discount to my plan. I threw in a comment about thinking about switching to 3 but I don't even think he took notice. He put me on hold and then came back and said the discount had been applied to my account.
Beekay is offline  
Thanks from:
11-11-2011, 14:23   #42
Kristopherus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekay View Post
No, I just rang 1800 638 367 and said there was no option for me to change my plan as I was already a bill pay smart lite customer and could they apply the discount to my plan. I threw in a comment about thinking about switching to 3 but I don't even think he took notice. He put me on hold and then came back and said the discount had been applied to my account.
Best of luck with it. I moved to the Billpay Smart at the beginning of October. I had an Affinity Discount of 25% in my old plan and I asked for this to be continued. Was assured it would be. Got 2 bills since and no discount. Bunged off 2 emails to them. Got no reply. Bye, bye, Meteor.

Last edited by Kristopherus; 12-11-2011 at 00:01.
Kristopherus is offline  
11-11-2011, 15:50   #43
TheChevron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggit View Post
I think what you're missing here is that all the stuff we get is free, you still have €20 credit on top of it to use too. I also get given €10 free credit every month.

Last month I had €16 still on my account when topping up another €20! Haven't even gotten to my free credit yet which is at €35 too!
I'm not missing anything. You have to top up by €20 euro to get all the stuff. How is that free?

So, 15 is less than 20.
TheChevron is offline  
11-11-2011, 18:37   #44
Barr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cork
Posts: 4,276
Good offer , I'm tempted to give up my Golden sim !
Barr is offline  
11-11-2011, 18:40   #45
meoklmrk91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,028
Paying €30 a month for the same thing on meteor must ring them tomorrow and see if they will give me this deal. Thanks OP
meoklmrk91 is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet