Mobiles: 200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15 - Page 25 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-01-2012, 23:46   #361
Kristopherus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah88 View Post
Hmm... was seriously thinking of moving from o2 and availing of this offer,after about 8 years with o2 i'm getting fed up with them, but with all the problems outlined on this thread, i wonder if it would be more hassle than its worth between coverage and problems with the offer, any thoughts?
Well, IMHO the vast majority of people who transferred over to this tarriff are happy with their lot. I would'nt be swayed by a few posters who come on here to moan. Your best option would be to get a free sim from Meteor and try it out fully where you work and play. That way you will satisfy yourself whether the signal is good enough for you. The only thing to be aware of is that this offer is a limited one and could be withdrawn by Meteor at any time. The offer is way better than anything O2 or Voda can offer.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-01-2012, 00:32   #362
aidannulty

i signed up to this deal ONLINE, my first bill they charged me €54.39. When i phoned them up they asked me did I sign up in 1 of their stores because they had me down as signing up in a store. To cut a long story short they took the money from my account and said they would credit the due amount to my account so that it cut be used off my future bills. A few days later the money still was not credited so I phoned them and they said once the money is taking of me there is no way that my meteor online account will ever show the credited balance. Now a month later this still has not been credited to my account and I have a new bill for €26.36 which should be defo under €20. I hate meteor for their lies, there crap customer service, their wrong billing. To me unless this sorted of them I am moving back to my old network. I would not recommend joining.
07-01-2012, 02:39   #363
papu

Send a message via MSN to papu
Got my Bill a few days ago for just over 15€ , Took 3 phonecalls to sort but in my eyes it's worth it , was paying 35 euro a year ago for the same price plan
07-01-2012, 18:40   #364
bryaner

Working out sweet for me (Navan and surrounding areas) full 3g no complaints, thanks again OP..
08-01-2012, 00:10   #365
skywalker_208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopherus View Post
Well, IMHO the vast majority of people who transferred over to this tarriff are happy with their lot. I would'nt be swayed by a few posters who come on here to moan.
Eh - this thread is 25 pages long! And there are numerous similar threads on meteors own forums. It is likely a small number of people having these problems are posting so that probably makes a HUGE number of people having problems.

I have moved 2 phones to Meteor and have had hassle both times.

Phone 1: Few months ago signed up other halves phone. Number didnt port. Rang and rang and rang and emailed and rang some more. No one ever called back. Gave every excuse under the sun from order issue to system issue to human error. Took ages to get through to customer care. Every time we did every agent seemed uninterested, lazy or incompetent.

Eventually had to send letter of complaint and CC Comreg. Got through to a Supervisor after this who promised to sort out port and call back. Number ported 2 days later but he never called back. Last we heard on the matter.

Phone 2: I signed up for the €15 a month sim only offer myself. Put all the details for porting into the online order. Got the Sim last week but number has not ported. I have emailed and opened a thread on their forum but no one has got back to me.

After reading this entire thread I am now regretting it. I was with o2 for 12 years with no problems - but coverage is very bad in my area so need to move networks.

I am going to try the stuff@ address to see if I can get some resolution that way.

Oh and from reading about all the billing fcuk ups - I think I will cancel the direct debit and pay manually!
Advertisement
08-01-2012, 00:18   #366
Tiesto
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker_208 View Post
Eh - this thread is 25 pages long! And there are numerous similar threads on meteors own forums. It is likely a small number of people having these problems are posting so that probably makes a HUGE number of people having problems.

I have moved 2 phones to Meteor and have had hassle both times.

Phone 1: Few months ago signed up other halves phone. Number didnt port. Rang and rang and rang and emailed and rang some more. No one ever called back. Gave every excuse under the sun from order issue to system issue to human error. Took ages to get through to customer care. Every time we did every agent seemed uninterested, lazy or incompetent.

Eventually had to send letter of complaint and CC Comreg. Got through to a Supervisor after this who promised to sort out port and call back. Number ported 2 days later but he never called back. Last we heard on the matter.

Phone 2: I signed up for the €15 a month sim only offer myself. Put all the details for porting into the online order. Got the Sim last week but number has not ported. I have emailed and opened a thread on their forum but no one has got back to me.

After reading this entire thread I am now regretting it. I was with o2 for 12 years with no problems - but coverage is very bad in my area so need to move networks.

I am going to try the stuff@ address to see if I can get some resolution that way.

Oh and from reading about all the billing fcuk ups - I think I will cancel the direct debit and pay manually!
oh ****. My old contract expired and was downgraded to pre pay.
I then ordered the 15 euro sim only deal last week and I got a phone call friday advising of the 'system issue' and that they could send me out a new sim and then i just call them to get the number ported over.. i.e they are screwing me over like they are screwing you.

Is there a cooling off period? I placed the order on WEdnesday. Would cancel now if I could without charge..
12-01-2012, 13:11   #367
sweetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuskalHerria View Post
That may be true, but if you top up online, you get an extra €12 on top of your €20. Free calls at weekends when most use their phone for calls is a great deal. I always have excess credit each month,, I've never run out.
is this still applicable? I went to sign up on the Three site and no mention of 12 - although it said 10 euro extra for topping up by 20 but is that every month or just the first month? Then rang cs and he said they would give 5 euro extra each month for ten months so I said id think about it!
12-01-2012, 13:52   #368
Beer Baron

Send a message via MSN to Beer Baron Send a message via Skype™ to Beer Baron
MOD - Title change needed to €15.25 as with the 2% VAT it has gone up in price.
12-01-2012, 13:53   #369
Daniel S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Baron View Post
MOD - Title change needed to €15.25 as with the 2% VAT it has gone up in price.
I'll do it

EDIT: I can't :/
Advertisement
12-01-2012, 13:55   #370
Beer Baron

Yep you can only edit so far back into the past.
12-01-2012, 19:09   #371
Cathmandooo
Gifterator

Just got my second bill for this tariff, after so much hassle getting the proper tariff and them eventually only taking the 15 off me they're after sending me a second bill and it's back on the 30 tariff

Here goes another battle...will try the email address this time
12-01-2012, 19:38   #372
Beer Baron

Got my second bill tonight as well for the €15 tarriff. Very confusing looking because the page is +VAT prices. Anyway there it is 24.79 and in the "Other Credits and Charges" section is -8,26 €10 discount and -4.13 €5 discount so:

24.79 + Vat = €30
8.26 = €10
4.13 = €5
____
-€15

= €15

Bit stupid way to bill people but it works out just fine. It will always say "Bill Pay Smart Lite €30 - 1 Month" but you will get your €15 credits for 12 months.
12-01-2012, 19:47   #373
Cathmandooo
Gifterator

I had another look at the bill there, it contradicts itself Front page says my first bill was 48euro but after my battle I was only debited my 15 for December but apparently now they're saying I'm overdue 33euro

48-15=33

So they're still coming after me for the 30 tariff for the first month (plus extra for starting a bill mid month) but do have me on a 15.72 monthly tariff

Then the third page (summary of charges) has me on 24 tariff (excl vat) plus texts I sent that went past the 200 limit (silly busy Christmas texts) but in the 'other credits and charges' part there's no refund of half the tariff which I'd expect. But the main front page bill seems to be ignoring the charges on the 3rd page (the extra texts I sent).

*head explodes*

Last edited by Cathmandooo; 12-01-2012 at 19:51.
12-01-2012, 19:52   #374
Beer Baron

This is what your bill should look like. The Call charges section is specific to ourselves so ignore that bit but your bill SHOULD look like the top bit and the bottom bit.

Last edited by Beer Baron; 12-01-2012 at 19:57. Reason: Had to remove phone number from bill
Thanks from:
12-01-2012, 19:59   #375
Cathmandooo
Gifterator

Saw it there thanks Yeah mine is basically similar but I've no 5euro or 10euro credits part in the other credits and charges, so that page is totalling 24.7934 + 14.81 (my excess of texts which I do owe)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion