Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-11-2011, 10:46   #1
Phill Ewinn

canadian society for gay animals objects to penguins

Two african penguins will be seperated to encourage them to have sex with female penguins. The species is endangered and needs all the help it can apparently.

So AH should we let them be? Is this a black and white issue for you or should there be more gay rights for penguins????
Advertisement
10-11-2011, 10:47   #2
yutta

Just because something occurs "naturally" in nature, doesn't mean it's right.
10-11-2011, 10:47   #3
cml387

I hope this doesn't become another penguin-bashing thread.
10-11-2011, 10:48   #4
Phill Ewinn

nydailynews.com/news/national/gay-penguin-couple-buddy-pedro-separated-toronto-zoo-mate-females-article-1.974930 linky
Thanks from:
10-11-2011, 10:49   #5
Penn
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yutta View Post
You dare say something created by God isn't right?

I CUT THE HEAD OFF THE DEVIL AND I THROW IT AT YOU!
Advertisement
10-11-2011, 10:49   #6
Killer Pigeon
Closed Account

FFS! If they want the species to survive then they should just get some of the penguin's sperm, freeze it and use it for IVF later...

I think that LGBT people should boycott the zoo. It's a disgrace. The poor penguins shouldn't be forced into something they don't want to do. It would traumatize them and destroy their relationship. Does the zookeeper think that homosexuality is a choice? Disgusting.

Last edited by Killer Pigeon; 10-11-2011 at 10:52.
Thanks from:
10-11-2011, 10:50   #7
bijapos

A somewhat misleading thread title OP, but a brilliant one nonetheless.
(2) thanks from:
10-11-2011, 10:54   #8
Galtee
Closed Account

canadian society for gay animals objects to penguins

Apparently, the word on the street is that the canadian society for gay animals are sick and tired of being objectified by penguins.
10-11-2011, 10:54   #9
bijapos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Pigeon View Post
FFS! If they want the species to survive then they should just get some of the penguin's sperm, freeze it and use it for IVF later...
Seeing as they seem to drag their balls along the ground most of the time I would think that a penguins sperm is already frozen?

btw your sig is 2 weeks out of date.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-11-2011, 10:55   #10
yutta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
You dare say something created by God isn't right?
But you must ask how God could allow for love without the potential for evil? God could have created robots that do nothing more than forever say, "I love you, I love you, I love you." Such beings would be incapable of any kind of real love. Love is a choice, and the Bible says that God desires a real love relationship with His creation. Love is not real unless we have the ability to not love.

God knew that in a world with much choice, there would be much evil: to choose not to love is evil by definition. However, there would also be the capacity for real love. Philosopher Alvin Plantinga once wrote that "An all loving, all powerful, all knowing Being could permit as much evil as He pleased without forfeiting His claim to being all loving, so long as for every evil state of affairs He permits there is an accompanying greater good".

The potential for love outweighs the existence of evil, especially if evil can only exist for a time. Evil is a side effect of love. Suffering and death are a side effect of evil.

Of course if you refute the existence of God, you won't find much truth in the above, although you might get some insight as to where Christians come from.

I'm not saying these penguins are inherently evil - they probably think they're reproducing. I mean if you stick two penguins in a cell together, eventually the powerful reproductive reflex will kick in.
10-11-2011, 10:58   #11
keepkeyyellow

Quote:
Some cats eat their kittens, lions kill gazelles to eat and a black widow kills the male after sex...all things that are natural in nature and obviously not right by our moral standards but they happen.

However having that said I think it's a non issue. They're just animals and if the species is endagered it's a problem, how ever if the penguins are truly gay they just won't have sex...end of
10-11-2011, 11:01   #12
Killer Pigeon
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijapos View Post
btw your sig is 2 weeks out of date.
Congrads for noticing!
Thanks from:
10-11-2011, 11:02   #13
Snakeblood

Quote:
God knew that in a world with much choice, there would be much evil: to choose not to love is evil by definition. However, there would also be the capacity for real love. Philosopher Alvin Plantinga once wrote that "An all loving, all powerful, all knowing Being could permit as much evil as He pleased without forfeiting His claim to being all loving, so long as for every evil state of affairs He permits there is an accompanying greater good".
What's the greater good for two gay penguins banging? How are penguins banging even evil? They're penguins, it's doubtful they've even read the bible, at best they've skimmed it, and noticed it barely mentions penguins at all.
10-11-2011, 11:06   #14
starbelgrade
Closed Account

Sexy gay penguins.
10-11-2011, 11:36   #15
Da Shins Kelly

If they're actually gay, they won't have sex with the females regardless. Then they can be together again.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion