Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-04-2013, 17:29   #1396
Strongbow10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirwillbeback View Post
Shall I tell you what I expect ? Common courtesy to children who are togged out in merchandise, who are paying cica 200 per family to see stars who are representing a billion dollar company.
How can most of the guys take time ( max 10 mins ) to sign squiggles on paper that mean the world to children and will be always remembered, while some just blast through, heads down.
At least Sandow got into character and played it well.
The WWE propaganda machine shows constant references by stars to fans, how important they are etc so maybe they should walk the walk.
Spot on, WWE is a company with a worldwide reputation. But being my first visit, it smacked of them rolling into town to milk you for as much cash and possible, and don't even dare expect them to interact.

The same folks who say "what do you expect?" are the same folks who think Wrestling is still top quality due to its balance sheet, rather than actually judging the product.

As for guys maybe having a bad day? It seems they are mostly in bad form than in good form going by most house show reports. Says alot about the actual business maybe, its a vehicle to do something else for 99% of the wrestlers. I think Wrestlers maybe have the impression that most fans are idiots and riff raff that they do not want to associate themselves with when they do not have to.

Last edited by Strongbow10; 20-04-2013 at 17:33.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-04-2013, 17:37   #1397
Furious-Red

By the looks of it Cena was just like Sting/Angle at the last TNA show over here
20-04-2013, 17:43   #1398
jaykhunter

I get the impression WWE just license out a 3rd party to create WWE apparel to sell in European markets. It would explain the dated merchandise and also the shoddy quality. I remember buying a jersey from WWF's european site and it was made of sandpaper. Bought another jersey from WWF US shopzone and it was made of gorgeously soft material.
Thanks from:
20-04-2013, 18:13   #1399
toyotamr4red

WWE in Ireland this year?

Raws trip to Ireland this year has almost come and gone ( not sure if Belfasts Raw is on tonight ) . When is the next WWE event on in Ireland?
20-04-2013, 18:43   #1400
jaykhunter

Next Dublin WWE event is in the 02, Thu 7 Nov 2013 @ 19:30

I'll move this to the WWE live events thread. No need for a new one.
Advertisement
20-04-2013, 19:30   #1401
PinkFly

I was in Ringside row D and I never noticed any of the crush even though i was dreading it,was midway in the row though so that helped?

I saddened to see a Stewart roaring at a Down Syndrome child to sit down during the Cena match when they were outside the ring, thought it was a bit out of hand!
20-04-2013, 19:32   #1402
toyotamr4red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykhunter View Post
Next Dublin WWE event is in the 02, Thu 7 Nov 2013 @ 19:30

I'll move this to the WWE live events thread. No need for a new one.
Are the tickets out yet?
20-04-2013, 19:33   #1403
PinkFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotamr4red View Post
Are the tickets out yet?
Thursday at 9
20-04-2013, 19:41   #1404
leggo

I wasn't at the event but, just to balance the conversation, I don't think WWE guys (or celebs in general) should be obligated to sign autographs if they aren't on the job, so in the hotel etc. To fans they'll always be 'JOHN CENA' but at that moment they're just a guy hungry for their dinner or needing their bed, like any of us after a day's work.

It's nice that some guys do stop and take pics etc, but that's just them being sound.

Now when they're on the job that's a completely different story.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-04-2013, 19:46   #1405
Hashtag_HEEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFly View Post
I was in Ringside row D and I never noticed any of the crush even though i was dreading it,was midway in the row though so that helped?
Did you bring the "Ryback ate my sign" poster? If so I was only a row ahead!
20-04-2013, 20:03   #1406
PinkFly

That was me!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.28 MB, 156 views)
Thanks from:
20-04-2013, 20:25   #1407
DM-ICE

Did WWE advertise where they were staying and invite fans to hang around the hotel?
20-04-2013, 20:25   #1408
AhmadKh7

Signing:
I was at the start of the line with my buddy Hashtag_HEEL waiting for the signing to start. They had a new system where you have to take off your wristband before you go in. The security guy from WWE gently told us there will be no posing for pictures, although we were very disappointed, it was much better than last time we were there. Thumps up WWE guy !
This time we got Zack Ryder and Kaitlyn.. Ryder wearing shades.. Kaitlyn looking absolutely incredibly beautiful in person I actually stumbled on words when I talked to her hahaha. She was extremely nice and such a wonderful person to meet. Definitely one of my favourite. It was a great experience overall.

Live event:

I was in Section C, Row B Seat 19.. Thank God I was sitting with adults and not kids. Major thumps up to the lady and the gentleman next to me. Since I was not directly next to the aisle, I didn't have to deal with kids rushing to the barricade although it was much better than last time I was there. The Steward was a class act, very nice but firm gentleman... knew how to deal with the kids. Of course I had my Ziggler shirt on to support the new WHC lol.
The matches themselves were good, nothing spectacular. Really enjoyed Cesaro vs Ryder and Hell No vs DZ and Big E. The crowd was alive and interactive and chants were going on throughout the event. They absolutely loved Regal !!

Ziggler was great ! He was very engaging with the crowd and seemed to have a great time and enjoying himself. One of the kid actually hit him with the shirt I guess but he handled it perfectly with smiles and made a joke about it. Plus, he's a great entertainer besides being a great wrestler.

Overall, I enjoyed the show.. not the best due to the weak card but it was still good.

PS. Thumps up to the lads chanting CM Punk and singing his theme music outside the arena hahaha !
(2) thanks from:
20-04-2013, 20:37   #1409
shootie
Closed Account

Moment of my night was a smark behind me starting a chant in our section of "Where's your wife?" at Cena. A bit morally wrong to chant/laugh at, but still amusing.

Last edited by shootie; 20-04-2013 at 23:03.
Thanks from:
20-04-2013, 20:50   #1410
DM-ICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmadKh7 View Post
Ziggler was great ! He was very engaging with the crowd and seemed to have a great time and enjoying himself. One of the kid actually hit him with the shirt I guess but he handled it perfectly with smiles and made a joke about it. Plus, he's a great entertainer besides being a great wrestler.
He went out of his way to tell the security guy it was 'only' a t shirt the kid slapped at him.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion