Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-11-2011, 23:24   #1
pearljamfan
Banned

am i overpriced?

Im trying to sell my car at the moment and ive had it up for ages but not really had any interest, i dont know why!
am i overpriced or is it because its automatic??, its an 03 peugeot 307sw , automatic gearbox, and i love it, just want a manual so i can learn to drive to pass my test properly.

any ideas??? i havent had it valued just put it at a price i think its worth and that i could buy something similar in manual.

oh forgot to say im pricing arond 5500

Last edited by pearljamfan; 07-11-2011 at 23:24. Reason: forgot to put price in.
Advertisement
07-11-2011, 23:30   #2
SIBERIA

Whats the mileage?

Best way to judge is to see what others are selling for, personally i think 5500 is quite expensive in the current market.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2659496
07-11-2011, 23:30   #3
barura
Closed Account

That seems a bit expensive for am 8 year old car. Unless it's got freakishly low mileage...

If you're trying to sell it for what you bought it for, cars do depreciate, sad to say.

If you like it so much, why would you change? To do the test in a manual, just grab a small hatchback from a friend or perhaps the bangernomics thread, sit your test and get it done with? Driving instructors rent out their cars too, I believe. Plenty of options availble to you, if sitting your test is all your worried about.
07-11-2011, 23:41   #4
Atlantic Dawn

Way overpriced, 3500-4k max is what you will get for it. Also factor in that it's an automatic and less than 1 in 20 cars of that size are automatic which leaves your potential market tiny.
Thanks from:
07-11-2011, 23:42   #5
pearljamfan
Banned

bought it for about 12000 afew yrs ago, i know things have gone downhill that side of things, didnt think it would be that low tho!
mileage isnt high prob a bit less than that one i the link, i would keep it and book a driving test car, ill probably have to,im not working and i just cant afford to get lessons etc and its driving me mad, theres no point getting lessons if i cant practise in between, and i was hoping to buy a diesel to try and keep my costs down that way as well.

thanks for the advice so far though!!
Advertisement
07-11-2011, 23:43   #6
Opinicus

that seems very high to me for a 2003 307.

If you have look at donedeal 307s here you can see what they are going for. seen a 2005 for 4300.
07-11-2011, 23:45   #7
barura
Closed Account

If you lurk around here, you'd learn that Diesel is generally just a misconception people have, unless you're doing 20k miles + a year or need the low end grunt for trailers or something similar.

Why do you want a different car? Is that one not serving you well enough?
07-11-2011, 23:45   #8
pearljamfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opinicus View Post
that seems very high to me for a 2003 307.

If you have look at donedeal 307s here you can see what they are going for. seen a 2005 for 4300.
thanks its a sw, so the bigger version, but yes looks like i am overpriced
Thanks from:
07-11-2011, 23:47   #9
pearljamfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barura View Post
If you lurk around here, you'd learn that Diesel is generally just a misconception people have, unless you're doing 20k miles + a year or need the low end grunt for trailers or something similar.

Why do you want a different car? Is that one not serving you well enough?
just because im freaking out about passing my driving test!, 4th provisional, keep failing because i cant do gears. "just do it in the auto......."
Advertisement
07-11-2011, 23:50   #10
barura
Closed Account

What, why don't you just do it in the auto and live with it for a few months? Also, lessons are cheaper than buying another car to run, easily. I'd just stick with the auto and get your licence, it's still a full one so it should bring your premium down, if that's what you're looking for.
(2) thanks from:
07-11-2011, 23:55   #11
Alanstrainor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barura View Post
What, why don't you just do it in the auto and live with it for a few months? Also, lessons are cheaper than buying another car to run, easily. I'd just stick with the auto and get your licence, it's still a full one so it should bring your premium down, if that's what you're looking for.
I don't know, having a restricted license could be a major pain in the arse tbh. And having to go back and do the test again to get your full unrestricted license would be even worse. It's a tough one, but i'd be thinking you'd be mad not to do the test in a manual.
07-11-2011, 23:59   #12
barura
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanstrainor View Post
I don't know, having a restricted license could be a major pain in the arse tbh. And having to go back and do the test again to get your full unrestricted license would be even worse. It's a tough one, but i'd be thinking you'd be mad not to do the test in a manual.
Sometimes, they don't restrict the licence, happened to a mate of mine. Pretty rare that happens though, I'd expect... Regardless, the OP seems short on money, last thing they need is to be spending more money when the solution to their problem for the time being is to do the test in an auto as they have mentioned that they aren't so hot with a manual.
08-11-2011, 00:28   #13
Fishtits
Closed Account

What engine is it?

(start at the basics...)
08-11-2011, 00:32   #14
bazz26

If it's an auto then my money is on it being 1.6 litre.

Last edited by bazz26; 08-11-2011 at 00:35.
08-11-2011, 00:41   #15
Delancey
Closed Account

5.5 K is crazy money for that car.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size