RHCP - 26th June 2012 Croke Park - Page 16 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-12-2011, 23:57   #226
Furious-Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestully View Post
Whats the difference between a concert at croke park and a concert at some other stadium?

Ive heard many saying its terrible sound and so on but is it really a big difference compared to wembley for example?
It is pretty much impossible to have a good sound everywhere when doing an Outdoor venue , either stadium or field etc . The wind can change the sound within seconds
Advertisement
28-12-2011, 10:22   #227
green day rule

what time do you say will be alright to que up at to get in the pit ? ?
28-12-2011, 13:17   #228
jakestully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious-Red View Post
It is pretty much impossible to have a good sound everywhere when doing an Outdoor venue , either stadium or field etc . The wind can change the sound within seconds
yeah I mean the weather can "destroy" ANYWHERE,
but I don't understand what some other people meant when saying that croke park is a terrible venue for gigs. It must be pretty much the same as any other stadium, right?
28-12-2011, 14:20   #229
karaokeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestully View Post
yeah I mean the weather can "destroy" ANYWHERE,
but I don't understand what some other people meant when saying that croke park is a terrible venue for gigs. It must be pretty much the same as any other stadium, right?
Croke Park is the most hated venue in Ireland for gigs it seems.

Yes in general the sound is poor at most outdoor venues but Croker gets the most slate for some reason.

Its the same with anywhere else even Slane which everyone loves.

Least the Chilis are suited to outdoor venues, I do not want a repeat of that time they played a bar in Springfield.

28-12-2011, 14:27   #230
Oasis_Dublin

I assume it's to do with the fact that Croke Park is larger than your traditional garrison game (!) stadiums and the fact that one of it's sides is open must make the sound travel around the stadium a bit differently to other venues. If you are at the front, it shouldn't make a huge amount of difference.
Advertisement
28-12-2011, 15:01   #231
jakestully

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokeman View Post
Croke Park is the most hated venue in Ireland for gigs it seems.

Yes in general the sound is poor at most outdoor venues but Croker gets the most slate for some reason.

Its the same with anywhere else even Slane which everyone loves.

Least the Chilis are suited to outdoor venues, I do not want a repeat of that time they played a bar in Springfield.
in Globen in stockholm the sound was awful, atleast where I sat. you could barely hear what song was played. If it's just better than it was that night I'm happy, and I'm pretty sure it will be
30-12-2011, 09:25   #232
aka accounts 2010

Must say I'm shocked at the poor selling performance for this.

I went onto ticketmaster this morning to see what the best seats available are and I could get a seat in the lower Cusack stand block 306 row M.

I expected sales over Christmas to have improved the situation but it doesn't seem to have had much impact.

Unless we see big sales in the coming months, you could be looking at an entire empty top tier of Croke Park or at best half full if the current trend continues!!!!

I was at the O2 gig in November and it was on of the best I've been to in the past ten years. However, with 6 gigs in Phoenix Park plus EP and T in the Park, I've decided to give the Croke Park show a miss although I'd love to go!!!!
Thanks from:
30-12-2011, 11:13   #233
karaokeman

I wonder if MCD will announce another big support act to boost ticket sales even more?

Maybe we could still get Nickelback seen as how standing tickets are sold out and they are a band most people wouldn't mind sitting down to.
30-12-2011, 23:53   #234
jakestully

Quote:
I wonder if MCD will announce another big support act to boost ticket sales even more?

Maybe we could still get Nickelback seen as how standing tickets are sold out and they are a band most people wouldn't mind sitting down to.
Would be awesome with another support act!

I hope MCD will do everything they can to fill it. (which probably means another band if sales is going bad).
Advertisement
31-12-2011, 00:30   #235
Furious-Red

Nickelback would be to big to be 2nd support after Noel and they would cost a pretty penny
31-12-2011, 00:48   #236
threein99

Quote:

Id demand a full refund if they were added
Thanks from:
31-12-2011, 14:24   #237
EyesClosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by threein99 View Post
Id demand a full refund if they were added
I can't see another big band being added, I could see a smaller kinda unknown band playing, as the gates are at 6, which is early for just one support band
09-01-2012, 12:40   #238
karaokeman

Lower tier tickets still available for anyone interested.
10-01-2012, 23:29   #239
Deeluu

Nickleback have no place on a bill with NG and RHCP. That would be gig suicide.
Thanks from:
11-01-2012, 10:04   #240
rubadub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeluu View Post
Nickleback have no place on a bill with NG and RHCP. That would be gig suicide.
I have seen much odder mixes. In slane paul oakenfold & iggy pop supporting madonna, prodigy supported oasis. moby supporting bryan adams

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion