Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-04-2012, 22:10   #286
AntiRip
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by siblers View Post
For web design do we have to use the image of the van? Or is it optional? It looks awful
I would say yes as it looks like the main picture on original site.

Why not throw it into PS and put a border on it, maybe a shadow or other special effect. May make it stand out better on page?
Advertisement
19-04-2012, 23:42   #287
siblers

Ill probably do alright something with it but the photo itself doesn't look great really, least it'll take up some of the home page, which im struggling to fill.
20-04-2012, 12:20   #288
JFlah

Quote:
Ill probably do alright something with it but the photo itself doesn't look great really, least it'll take up some of the home page, which im struggling to fill.
I'm not 100% sure but I don,t think we HAVE to use that image I think we can just chose from the images that are suitable for our site , but don,t quote me on that!!!
24-04-2012, 16:02   #289
siblers

We got an email today about web design saying it will be corrected in 1440 x 900. Are we meant to set up the style sheet with this in mind? That document about resolution wasn't much use
24-04-2012, 17:25   #290
AntiRip
Closed Account

Quote:
We got an email today about web design saying it will be corrected in 1440 x 900. Are we meant to set up the style sheet with this in mind? That document about resolution wasn't much use
I used 960 as my page width based on the 960 grid system which is popular with web developers and it's staying like that as my divs are setup now.

The resolution will only be an issue if you don't have some positioning set up on your page because some containers may move in different sized monitors. I check my site on both 15" and 24" monitors just to make sure.
Advertisement
25-04-2012, 11:09   #291
JFlah

Thank god Digital Imaging finished at last , never want to see another research book!!! now to get cracking on web design!!
25-04-2012, 12:53   #292
siblers

Just finished java CA and subsequently the final CA of the semester. Digital Imaging pretty much done too. Web Design is painfully slow, about 2 hours last night was spent one one tiny section of the products page but the more I do of it, the easier the coding is becoming. Im not havign to refer to notes or the net every few minutes, just lots and lots of minor alterations.
25-04-2012, 12:57   #293
JFlah

Quote:
Just finished java CA and subsequently the final CA of the semester. Digital Imaging pretty much done too. Web Design is painfully slow, about 2 hours last night was spent one one tiny section of the products page but the more I do of it, the easier the coding is becoming. Im not havign to refer to notes or the net every few minutes, just lots and lots of minor alterations.
Yeah the website is amazingly frustrating!! beginning to take a little shape now though I think. How was the Java CA? I,m hoping it's reasonably straight forward
25-04-2012, 13:34   #294
siblers

Was grand really,
Got asked to enter a sentence, two buttons one was to convert it to uppercase, the other was to display how many characters in the sentence. There is a method to switch between the buttons but I hadn't a clue how to implement. Apart from that it was ok, kinda struggled to fit in anytime to study for it though.
Advertisement
25-04-2012, 13:48   #295
AntiRip
Closed Account

Quote:
Was grand really,
Got asked to enter a sentence, two buttons one was to convert it to uppercase, the other was to display how many characters in the sentence. There is a method to switch between the buttons but I hadn't a clue how to implement. Apart from that it was ok, kinda struggled to fit in anytime to study for it though.
To switch between textfields you have to put an event listener on the one you click. Then I think you type event.getSource() of the textfield and requestFocus() for the next one if that makes since to you?
25-04-2012, 14:21   #296
JFlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiRip View Post
To switch between textfields you have to put an event listener on the one you click. Then I think you type event.getSource() of the textfield and requestFocus() for the next one if that makes since to you?
yeah it's if(e.getSource() = textField)
otherField.requestFocus(); ..... I think
25-04-2012, 17:03   #297
AntiRip
Closed Account

Any of ye have Linux CA today. Heard it was tricky enough..
25-04-2012, 18:47   #298
siblers

Had mine on Monday, barely passed the lab CA but done quite well in the written CA. Not bothered with that subject anyway, once I get my mandatory 15% in the final exam i'll have passed it.
26-04-2012, 18:49   #299
siblers

I didn't notice I was having this problem till my fecking Web Design class was over. In my style sheets I have this bit of code:
Quote:
<style type="text/css">
body {background-color:red; }
When I go to the html page that is linked to the stylesheet, it doesn't appear, I've tried it with background-image as well and in the html page i've tried using <body style="..."> and nothing happens either. If ye have any ideas what the problem is?
26-04-2012, 19:21   #300
AntiRip
Closed Account

Quote:
I didn't notice I was having this problem till my fecking Web Design class was over. In my style sheets I have this bit of code:

When I go to the html page that is linked to the stylesheet, it doesn't appear, I've tried it with background-image as well and in the html page i've tried using <body style="..."> and nothing happens either. If ye have any ideas what the problem is?
Do you have the code <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="main.css" /> before the title tags?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion