Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-10-2011, 01:58   #1
romanceseeker

Romantic things to do? or Youve done?

So what the most romantic thing youve done for a woman? Or know of any romantic things to do? From the small things to the big things

Im curious to know call it research, ive dug myelf a hole with my mouth and I now have to find my way out of it.

Advertisement
26-10-2011, 11:15   #2
That_Guy

Send a message via Skype™ to That_Guy
When I was with my previous girlfriend, it was lashing rain in town. We were at the spire meeting up. She was wearing slip on shoes and upon crossing the road she lost one of her shoes and couldn't go back for it due to oncoming traffic. A car ran over it and it went flying down the road.

I carried her to Penney's to buy her some new shoes.
(88) thanks from:
ams, Animord, AnnaVanilla, AnnyHallsal, Azureus, BadGirl, Blowfish, bluewolf, booboo88, challengemaster, cheesefiend, Cocolola, ColSheehan, confuseddotcom, Contessa Raven, Daftendirekt, Daisies, dearg lady, doovdela, dvet, emmagination, entropi, Feeona, Fluorescence, foxyboxer, God..., GrumPy, halpin17, hardCopy, Hermione*, ItAintMeBabe, Jimmy Iovine, jubella, Juicyfruit, Kaiser2000, kerry4sam, Kiva.D, ladypip, larrymickdick, LimeFruitGum, LizT, LostGirly, magicface1, Malari, MauraTheThird, miaowmiaow, Millicent, Miss Brightside, Misticles, newbee22, NewFrockTuesday, ordinary_girl, Padkir, paulmclaughlin, PeefsPixie, PK2008, Princess Peach, Proxy, RacoonQueen, RainbowDrops, rainbowtrout, Raspberries, Redlion, Reesy, Robby91, SarahBeep!, Sauve, Scarlet 27, shinikins, silvervixen84, smk89, sonas93, sup_dude, Susie_Q, SW, TangyZizzle, Tea-a-Maria, teaholic, TemptationWaits, The Big Red Button, The Cool, Tigger99, ToniTuddle, VenusPlays, VW 1, Whispered, whoopsadaisydoodles, xxdilemmaxx
26-10-2011, 15:01   #3
VenusPlays

From a girls perspective

Cook dinner (and do the dishes etc after)
Buy her something you know she wants, a CD that's just come out, a book, something small that says you were thinking about her
Change the bedclothes. Seriously! We all love a fresh bed and nothing better than going to bed being surprised by a nice fresh bed. Add a hot water bottle and clean jammies for bonus points.
Book a meal out in her favourite place to eat
Do something you aren't too fond of but she loves like hiring a chick flick on DVD or going to see a play

But if you're in trouble cos you've done or said something stupid - the best thing you can do is apologise! Anything else just looks crafty!
26-10-2011, 19:11   #4
krudler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusPlays View Post
From a girls perspective

Cook dinner (and do the dishes etc after)
Buy her something you know she wants, a CD that's just come out, a book, something small that says you were thinking about her
Change the bedclothes. Seriously! We all love a fresh bed and nothing better than going to bed being surprised by a nice fresh bed. Add a hot water bottle and clean jammies for bonus points.
Book a meal out in her favourite place to eat
Do something you aren't too fond of but she loves like hiring a chick flick on DVD or going to see a play

But if you're in trouble cos you've done or said something stupid - the best thing you can do is apologise! Anything else just looks crafty!
In my experience its the simple thoughtful stuff that means more than big showy bouqets of flowers or fancy restaurants, not that those dont go down well either but its the little things that matter.
Thanks from:
26-10-2011, 19:32   #5
MudSkipper

mix tape / CD is an auld reliable

Dated a girl in Dalkey who lived opposite some posh seafood restaurant, was always looking at the menu n checking out who went in n all that.... one day took her there for dinner so she could see it from the inside

cooking dinner, etc is what I'd do anyway
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-10-2011, 19:38   #6
Otis Driftwood
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSkipper View Post
mix tape / CD is an auld reliable

Dated a girl in Dalkey who lived opposite some posh seafood restaurant, was always looking at the menu n checking out who went in n all that.... one day took her there for dinner so she could see it from the inside

cooking dinner, etc is what I'd do anyway
Showin yer age there mate.
26-10-2011, 19:42   #7
LimeFruitGum

Take her somewhere nice for the weekend :-)
Or even just give her an amazing head massage (or feet, back, whichever her ladyship commands )
26-10-2011, 19:47   #8
MudSkipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis Driftwood View Post
Showin yer age there mate.
If you can remember them, then so are you

Probably would be uploading mp3s to her mp3 player now....... just doesn't have same notion that any effort was put into it tho

/Being an auld one, I'd at least burn the CD from the mp3s (and she'd rip them to her player! )
(3) thanks from:
26-10-2011, 22:22   #9
Sky King

Ignored weather warnings, dismissed good judgement and common sense and set off on a late-night three hour motoring expedition on deserted roads through heavy snow in a freezing car of very dubious mechanical integrity...

Just to keep a promise...
Advertisement
27-10-2011, 02:16   #10
paulmclaughlin

Went on Boards.ie to ask advice on how to romance her.
(2) thanks from:
27-10-2011, 06:11   #11
flowerchild

I flew to Italy on an impulse to be with my bf. It definitely took our relationship to another level.

My husband often sends me one line texts me saying lovely things about me. I really like that.

Plus, it's quick and doesn't cost so it's an easy one to pick up on.
27-10-2011, 15:00   #12
Caveman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerchild View Post
I flew to Italy on an impulse to be with my bf. It definitely took our relationship to another level.

My husband often sends me one line texts me saying lovely things about me. I really like that.

Plus, it's quick and doesn't cost so it's an easy one to pick up on.
I cant imagine your husband was too happy when you flew to Italy to see your bf
28-10-2011, 11:47   #13
flowerchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman1 View Post
I cant imagine your husband was too happy when you flew to Italy to see your bf
Very funny... That was part of him transitioning from bf to husband.
Thanks from:
28-10-2011, 11:58   #14
baddebt

i've done a couple of successful things ,

booked an all expenses trip to NYC , handed her the tickets over dinner.
went to dubai (stayed in the oasis Baech hotel), but while there i book us a night in the Burj Al Arab 7star hotel , (its unbelieveable luxury)

i'm the cook of the house , but on a random nights , I'd just cook up a an absolute feast 3 course meal all the trimmings plus her fav wine.

had flowers delivered to her at work for no particular reason , she looked that.

things like that , other things , just if your out doing the shopping , just get her fav bar of chocolate and a DVD.
(2) thanks from:
28-10-2011, 22:26   #15
pragmatic1

I asked her did she want something from the shop and she said a surprise. I got a kinder surprise for her in the shop and left it on her pillow. Bit silly and a tiny gesture but I got a lot of sex from doing that.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion