Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-11-2011, 13:42   #46
spurious
I am spurious beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve_Dublin View Post
Just realised that our anniversary is April Fools Day! Our relationship is just a wind up! Heh heh.
Another April 1st anniversary here. (2010)
Advertisement
06-11-2011, 17:40   #47
x Purple Pawprints x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyMoran View Post
I feel the same about my husband...it is as if a switch went on when I met him
I feel that way about my bf too and we're not together a year yet.
Thanks from:
07-11-2011, 01:01   #48
psycho-hope

we go by the date we first met in person, we met on a dating site, so had know each other for a while before that, like not really a celebration our anniversary is kinda bitter sweet for my bf as its the same date his first serious girlfriend died 4 years before we met.
11-11-2011, 10:32   #49
not really a celebration for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMCRxBabyxX View Post
Do you mind me asking why you prefer to celebrate valentines over your anniversary? Though I do understand that circumstances that you mention would affect that.

5 years on January 13th for my boyfriend and I. First day that we kissed and he asked me to be his girlfriend. Back when we were just naive little 15 year olds! He still notes the date way more than I would. He'll mention something every so often on the 13th of the month. Think he remembers other dates that I don't as well.
The only other date I remember is the day we first officially talked which was November 17th, though that anniversary is dedicated to the first time I saw My Chemical Romance a year later! We sort of met a few days/weeks before that as we were in a joint school musical. We said I love you about 6 months into the relationship.
Well I suppose "celebrating" Valentines day was maybe a bit of an exaggeration on my part.
We don't really do a huge lot for Valentines day either, it's no big deal really. We do always get each other a Valentine's card though, which we don't with the anniversary, or we might get each other some small cute little trinket, nothing extravagant or anything.
Birthday's we make the biggest deal of, and we both go all out to spoil each other on these days, alot of the time they might not be objects but actually going away somewhere for a few days, or else doing some type of adventure activity that we wouldn't usually do often.
Christmas will be very thoughtful gifts of things that we both know the other really wanted for ages, or would have a huge interest in. Christmas gifts tend to be objects.
Valentines is usually just a card, and maybe a fillet steak steak for dinner! :-)

Thanks from:
11-11-2011, 18:07   #50
XxMCRxBabyxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by not really a celebration for us View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMCRxBabyxX View Post
Do you mind me asking why you prefer to celebrate valentines over your anniversary? Though I do understand that circumstances that you mention would affect that.

5 years on January 13th for my boyfriend and I. First day that we kissed and he asked me to be his girlfriend. Back when we were just naive little 15 year olds! He still notes the date way more than I would. He'll mention something every so often on the 13th of the month. Think he remembers other dates that I don't as well.
The only other date I remember is the day we first officially talked which was November 17th, though that anniversary is dedicated to the first time I saw My Chemical Romance a year later! We sort of met a few days/weeks before that as we were in a joint school musical. We said I love you about 6 months into the relationship.
Well I suppose "celebrating" Valentines day was maybe a bit of an exaggeration on my part.
We don't really do a huge lot for Valentines day either, it's no big deal really. We do always get each other a Valentine's card though, which we don't with the anniversary, or we might get each other some small cute little trinket, nothing extravagant or anything.
Birthday's we make the biggest deal of, and we both go all out to spoil each other on these days, alot of the time they might not be objects but actually going away somewhere for a few days, or else doing some type of adventure activity that we wouldn't usually do often.
Christmas will be very thoughtful gifts of things that we both know the other really wanted for ages, or would have a huge interest in. Christmas gifts tend to be objects.
Valentines is usually just a card, and maybe a fillet steak steak for dinner! :-)
Fair enough! Was just curious I suppose! :-)
Valentines doesn't really mean a huge amount to me personally (though again I think my boyfriend takes it more seriously) so I was interested in another view
You guys sounds like great present givers! :-)
Advertisement
14-11-2011, 03:28   #51
Lorrs33

My boyfriend and I never officially dated because we've known each other since we were kids. I marked our anniversary on the day of our first kiss. But I have a friend who marked his anniversary with his girlfriend (same day as mine actually!) as the day he first asked her out. Each to their own, I suppose.
14-11-2011, 09:09   #52
Azureus

I mark our anniversary as the day he officially asked me to be his girlfriend-we'd known eachother about 6 months and been seeing eachother for about a month but I always remember that conversation (he text me asking, my battery went dead and I was in work so couldnt reply til I got home about 6 hours later at which point he had started freaking out!). I dont remember the exact date though, so we mark it as the 3rd saturday of September
14-11-2011, 09:23   #53
watna
Closed Account

I have a rough date in my mind, i.e. it was the first 2 weeks of a certain month. The only time I think of it is after the month has passed and I think "f*ck me, have we been together that long?". We're getting married soon so we'll have a wedding anniversary from now on which is pretty concrete

With my ex we kissed at a certain event so it was easy to remember the date and we used to celebrate our "anniversary". Certainly couldn't tell you what that date is anymore anyway!
Thanks from:
14-11-2011, 10:01   #54
CathyMoran

Well today is the day 14 years ago that he asked me out on a date which was 2 days later and then we promptly broke up for 3 weeks during which time he dated an ex friend of mine and then we got back and then broke up one more time in a huge way before we settled down and got married - we count these two days as the biggies.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-11-2011, 21:06   #55
hairyprincess

I'm with my bf a month yesterday, I didn't even think about it but he sent me a text wishing me a happy anniversary!
(2) thanks from:
17-11-2011, 12:46   #56
Shivers26

We met and he asked me out persistantly for a few weeks but I kept refusing. Then I eventually gave in and agreed to go on date which we arranged, we ended up having a chance meeting the night before the date and spent an enjoyable evening chatting and ended up having our first kiss that night.
We generally count the night of the first kiss as our anniversary as we've been together ever since. I only remember it because I have a good memory (I can even remember what we were both wearing)
Thanks from:
17-11-2011, 13:35   #57
How so Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivers26 View Post
We met and he asked me out persistantly for a few weeks but I kept refusing. Then I eventually gave in and agreed to go on date which we arranged, we ended up having a chance meeting the night before the date and spent an enjoyable evening chatting and ended up having our first kiss that night.
We generally count the night of the first kiss as our anniversary as we've been together ever since. I only remember it because I have a good memory (I can even remember what we were both wearing)
I remember what my boyfriend and I were wearing when we first kissed too!
but, to be fair, they were Dunnes Stores uniforms, as he was dropping me home after we both finished work.
Thanks from:
17-11-2011, 16:37   #58
Super_Sonic

Our anniversary is easy to remember.

Ended up on the beer with one of my friends last year and met who became the GF that night. The friend was on the Galway hurling panel and they lost earlier that day to Tipperary. If I ever forget the date I just need to do a quick Google - 25th of July 2010.

17-11-2011, 16:42   #59
ellieh1

Ours is the first time we met in person. We met online and chatted and text back and fourth for a few weeks and then went for a meal for our first date on 22nd January 2011. Fingers crossed all goes well and we get to have our first anniversary in a couple of months
17-11-2011, 18:49   #60
Animord

We met at a funeral

It was the 31st of December and bitterly cold, I was and still am kind of mortified that at I pulled at a funeral! Though obviously nothing happened until some time later.

But a pretty much unforgetable date.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion