Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-10-2011, 14:57   #16
kickitlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondeball View Post
So you're putting the mess that the country is in down to me looking for €3 back from a company that supposedly make their money from subscribing people unwittingly to Premium SMS?

This is just a small way of sticking it to them. I'd question more the strategies of Companies like Zamano that are willing to take money like this from the general public rather than make their money in other ways.

No what I'm saying is that the combination of you and all the other people like you is what is making this country the economic black hole that it is right now.

It boils down to principles and how far you're willing to go to make a dishonest buck. Where does it end? (plus you could end up costing some Zamano staff there job as well).
Advertisement
26-10-2011, 16:10   #17
ondeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickitlong View Post
No what I'm saying is that the combination of you and all the other people like you is what is making this country the economic black hole that it is right now.

It boils down to principles and how far you're willing to go to make a dishonest buck. Where does it end? (plus you could end up costing some Zamano staff there job as well).
Take a chill pill, it's only something small but I'll stop the practice immediately if it's bringing the country to it's knees. Apologies to all offended Zamano staff also
26-10-2011, 17:05   #18
highfield90

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfield90 View Post
Sound I'll give that a go so.

Further updates as event warrant.
And Zamano are officially looking into my refund request.

Quicker than I thought they would.

I now await a request for more information. The beat goes on.
Thanks from:
26-10-2011, 17:16   #19
sportzstar

Quote:

Keep on trucking kid! The people are behind you!
Thanks from:
27-10-2011, 10:05   #20
kickitlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondeball View Post
Take a chill pill, it's only something small but I'll stop the practice immediately if it's bringing the country to it's knees. Apologies to all offended Zamano staff also
I'm sure the Zamano staff are glad for your decision.

It just angers me that people are willing to swindle the system but at the same time give out when they are victims of this themselves.

I'm no fan of Premium SMS companies but it's not exactly a black or white issue.
Advertisement
27-10-2011, 14:18   #21
grames_bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetogo View Post
As a matter of interest was it the soccer goals service that you were subscribed to. I was on it before and it cost be a whole pile of cash when United trounced Arsenal earlier this year.

The really ridiculous thing was that I was watching the game as it was so I may as well have paid to go over to it as I would have had a ticket from the cost of the SMS alerts.
Sorry but can i point out that I am on this service too - and the only message you get charged for is the Half time message. All the goal alerts are free!
28-10-2011, 10:18   #22
coffeetogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grames_bond View Post
Sorry but can i point out that I am on this service too - and the only message you get charged for is the Half time message. All the goal alerts are free!
Ah right, I should probably peruse my itemised bill a little bit better so.

I think I may have been getting confused with Premier League goal alerts rather than the video messages that are sent through.
21-11-2011, 14:37   #23
highfield90

Quote:

BOOM! Refund received. Apologies for the delay in the updates as I was away on annual leave.

Very painless process in the end, fair play Zamano, now to never sign up for an SMS alert again.
22-11-2011, 14:51   #24
sportzstar

Quote:
BOOM! Refund received. Apologies for the delay in the updates as I was away on annual leave.

Very painless process in the end, fair play Zamano, now to never sign up for an SMS alert again.
Excellent stuff there. Did you have to pester Zamano at all to get them to refund the amount for the alerts or did they direct you on a boucning ball mission between themselves and the service provider?

This is what normally has happened to me in the past and I've yet to encounter a competent mobile customer service operation in Ireland.
Advertisement
24-11-2011, 10:22   #25
highfield90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzstar View Post
Excellent stuff there. Did you have to pester Zamano at all to get them to refund the amount for the alerts or did they direct you on a boucning ball mission between themselves and the service provider?

This is what normally has happened to me in the past and I've yet to encounter a competent mobile customer service operation in Ireland.
No not at all it was easy enough in the end. I think Zamano have a small enough customer service operation so it was no surprise that it took them some time to track down the details and process the request.

I didn't bother keeping at them as there was a communication line established and Zamano managed to keep in touch enough that it didn't irk me.
24-11-2011, 15:33   #26
ondeball

Quote:
No not at all it was easy enough in the end. I think Zamano have a small enough customer service operation so it was no surprise that it took them some time to track down the details and process the request.

I didn't bother keeping at them as there was a communication line established and Zamano managed to keep in touch enough that it didn't irk me.
Lucky enough. I really think that it's dependent on the Customer Service Agent you get on the end of the line.

I used to be employed in a customer service call centre for mobile service provider here and there was such a difference in the work ethic between agents it was ridiculous. It boiled down to: If someone was motivated it was because they wanted to be promoted away from customer service and therefore would remain there too long. If some wasn't motivated it was because they were just clocking if for a paycheck, didn't really care and would be there forever.
25-11-2011, 10:18   #27
sportzstar

Quote:

I normally get too impatient waiting for a reply and try and pester the customer service a bit more to get what I want. Maybe Zamano are used to fending off enquirires like this though.

Could be a good life lesson for me, wait and thou shall recieve!
25-11-2011, 14:48   #28
coffeetogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetogo View Post
Ah right, I should probably peruse my itemised bill a little bit better so.

I think I may have been getting confused with Premier League goal alerts rather than the video messages that are sent through.
And indeed this is exactly what I was getting confused with. Just as well I hadn't called and made a scene.
28-11-2011, 13:53   #29
downsouth

My younger sister has begun the refund hunt with Zamano now as well.

I think she had signed up to some Justin Bieber text or something but when she left the Unsubscribe code didn't seem to work.

I'd this happens a lot with teenagers.
29-11-2011, 09:31   #30
coffeetogo

Phone number found on www.zamano.com might help

0818 3000 48

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size