Membership Fees near Dublin – no hello money - Page 15 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-05-2012, 21:06   #211
FixdePitchmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollieboy View Post
The 2k is a entry fee to keep certain type of people out, there currently not interest in having 100's of members. Remember when this course was sold 5 years ago it was meant to be developed into the next K club etc and I'm sure the current owners who have plenty of cash our just waiting for the market to turn around again. This course is a business and I'm guessing not really interest in the views of members or if it is, they only want people who have plenty of cash and don't play much and like to say there a member of a elite club.
Fair enough,

But it can't be considered elite now ?, if it is on tee times every day of the week, is a regular on the society circuit, fairways were poor when I was there.

I think they are looking at the pay per play and society money as the future of golf. That is what they are doing at moment.

It would be a long, long shot that the market is going to turn around.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-05-2012, 21:37   #212
JD Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by link_2007 View Post
Even during peak season the weekend green fee is €45 and that's per their website so you may even get cheaper if you call and haggle.

While I understand your point about the social aspect, I dont think a fully paid up member should have to pay the same sort of prices as a visitor.
Agreed, Im just making the point that the most basic of gyms charges 300-400 per year membership.

Basically a fully-paid up member of a golf pays the same or similar fees as visitors in most clubs, unless the member plays play 60 times a year.

If a fully paid-up member has paid entrance fees as well as getting caught for the 2,000+ per year, then the figures are off the scale altogether.
(2) thanks from:
24-05-2012, 21:41   #213
FixdePitchmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Dublin View Post
Agreed, Im just making the point that the most basic of gyms charges 300-400 per year membership.

Basically a fully-paid up member of a golf pays the same or similar fees as visitors in most clubs, unless the member plays play 60 times a year.

If a fully paid-up member has paid entrance fees as well as getting caught for the 2,000+ per year, then the figures are off the scale altogether.
It would be a good survey,

How many games do you play a year ?

It was a good point made about the money you save on a range, but when you go to course with a practice area, the most you see on them are 1 maybe 2 lads.
24-05-2012, 21:48   #214
JD Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixdePitchmark View Post
It would be a good survey,

How many games do you play a year ?

It was a good point made about the money you save on a range, but when you go to course with a practice area, the most you see on them are 1 maybe 2 lads.
Played 28 times last year.

Probably got a similar amount of sessions on the practise range.

Puts it into perspective doesnt it?
24-05-2012, 21:52   #215
FixdePitchmark

Quote:
Played 28 times last year.

Probably got a similar amount of sessions on the practise range.

Puts it into perspective doesnt it?
That means your rounds are way above 50 euro each ?

Sorry, maybe off thread, but would you be above average at your club ?
Advertisement
24-05-2012, 21:55   #216
JD Dublin

Quote:
Sorry, maybe off thread, but would you be above average at your club ?
I've no idea how many people play every week in the season. There's always a few out, but only weekends and open week are really busy. I'd say 30 games a year is average, but basing that on nothing but guesswork. How many times did you get out yourself last year?
24-05-2012, 22:06   #217
FixdePitchmark

Quote:
I've no idea how many people play every week in the season. There's always a few out, but only weekends and open week are really busy. I'd say 30 games a year is average, but basing that on nothing but guesswork. How many times did you get out yourself last year?
It's been an odd year for me. > 60. But play tee times. Anyway sorry , gone way off topic here I think, but would be a good thread.
24-05-2012, 22:09   #218
GreeBo
M O D E R A T O R

Mod: Golf
I think trying to work out a greenfee rate is missing the pint if why people join clubs.
I pay 2k because I want to be a member of a nice, local club. I want to be able to wander down whenever I want and practice or play a few holes. Maybe a couple of frames of snooker or just hit the putting green for an hour and then see who is in the bar.
I want to play against my friends in matches and with them for the club matches.
The nomadic style of just playing in random opens doesn't appeal to me at all I'm afraid.

Even as im typing this I'm walking back to my car with my clubs on my back and I've been out here since 5:30.
That's worth 2k to me.
Thanks from:
24-05-2012, 22:11   #219
JD Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeBo View Post
I think trying to work out a greenfee rate is missing the pint if why people join clubs.
I pay 2k because I want to be a member of a nice, local club. I want to be able to wander down whenever I want and practice or play a few holes. Maybe a couple of frames of snooker or just hit the putting green for an hour and then see who is in the bar.
I want to play against my friends in matches and with them for the club matches.
The nomadic style of just playing in random opens doesn't appeal to me at all I'm afraid.

Even as im typing this I'm walking back to my car with my clubs on my back and I've been out here since 5:30.
That's worth 2k to me.
Well said, I think I'd agree with that.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-05-2012, 10:25   #220
golfwallah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeBo View Post

That's worth 2k to me.
Agreed, many golfers want to be members of a nice local club, but those prepared to pay an annual fee of €2,000 represent a very small segment of the market.

Most people would expect much more reasonable annual rates and get a reasonable standard of facilities (from course to practice areas, changing rooms, pro shop, bar, restaurant, etc.) for their money - but not necessarily a snooker room.

The majority would also expect the affairs of the club to be run diligently, without over the top spending on nice to have stuff.

At the end of the day, people are looking for value for money for the overall package, covering annual sub, requirement for "hello money", travelling time, course layout, presentation, whether hilly or flat, etc. etc.

But, like it or not, the annual sub is always going to be a big element affecting peoples' choice of deciding to stay with their existing club or joining a new one.
30-05-2012, 12:12   #221
Philby54

The new Citywest Resort Golf Club is now officially affiliated with both the GUI and ILGU as of yesterday, so:

Full 7 day membership: €650
Five day membership: €465
Pay as you play: €250 + €15 per game
30-05-2012, 12:27   #222
FixdePitchmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby54 View Post
The new Citywest Resort Golf Club is now officially affiliated with both the GUI and ILGU as of yesterday, so:

It is in NAMA ? , imagine calling something like that a resort.

What a name.
30-05-2012, 12:36   #223
link_2007

Quote:

Hi Philby - do you know if the 7 day membership is until the end of the calender year or is it from the day you join? Also, do they allow DD payment of the amount?

Thanks
30-05-2012, 14:02   #224
Philby54

Quote:
Quote:

It is in NAMA ? , imagine calling something like that a resort.

What a name.
The reason why it's called resort is because the old golf club there was called "Citywest Golf Club" the new club is now called "Citywest Resort Golf Club"
30-05-2012, 14:08   #225
Philby54

Quote:
Originally Posted by link_2007 View Post
Quote:

Hi Philby - do you know if the 7 day membership is until the end of the calender year or is it from the day you join? Also, do they allow DD payment of the amount?

Thanks
Hi,

It is calendar year but seeing as we are nearly halfway through the year by now I would say if you contact them and speak to them about it they might be able to offer you a deal

Yep DD, no minimum for deposit either, with the remainder repayable up to 8 months
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion