Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-02-2012, 13:27   #31
SQ2

From the Desire HD I'd like to see one of those HTC phones with a better screen and better camera. The battery life wasn't an issue as I'd nearly always get a full day out of it unless heavy useage. Love the HTC sense UI and having seen the SGII, I don't want to leave HTC despite the samsung screen and camera being better. Got a text to tell me I'm entitled to an upgrade, and now have an itch that needs scratching!!
Advertisement
22-02-2012, 21:31   #32
Deank

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion guy View Post
The edge looks awesome though possibly a bit big. I honestly think the ideal screen stats are 4"- 4.3" with approx 300dpi density. That would be epic.

I have to say the samsung screens really appeal. The brightness is just fantastic.
I've used most Samsung's and I must admit they really are great phones and their displays are awesome, however, HTC Sense keeps on bringing me back to their devices, the display for what I've seen in early samples of the Edge is every bit as good if not better than the Samsung displays, if I were you I'd hold fire and do an in-store comparison test when HTC launch their new range in April.
22-02-2012, 22:57   #33
BionicRasher

Really liking the look and specs of the Sony Xperia S
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_s-4369.php

Also the new UI looks pretty fancy http://youtu.be/LdzGx44Nujw- I love my Desire and the Sense UI and never fancied the Sammys as they feel light in the hand and a bit flimsy. Also I think 4.3 - 4.5 inch is about the biggest I would go for a phone

Wonder if there are any words of prices and who will stock this?
23-02-2012, 01:18   #34
opinion guy
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deank View Post
I've used most Samsung's and I must admit they really are great phones and their displays are awesome, however, HTC Sense keeps on bringing me back to their devices, the display for what I've seen in early samples of the Edge is every bit as good if not better than the Samsung displays, if I were you I'd hold fire and do an in-store comparison test when HTC launch their new range in April.
You've seen early samples ? I thought it wasn't even 100% confirmed yet ?
Sounds epic as you describe though!
23-02-2012, 08:22   #35
Deank

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deank View Post
You've seen early samples ? I thought it wasn't even 100% confirmed yet ?
Sounds epic as you describe though!
It is 100% confirmed, launching sometime early to mid April, can't wait to get one.
Advertisement
23-02-2012, 13:54   #36
yabadabado

Have meteor stopped selling the Desire?My one is ****ed and will be getting a new phone through the insurance,does anyone know what phone they will offer me?Do I have to take the phone offered or do I have a choice?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion