ILoveLimerick.com what do you think? - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

10-10-2011, 12:39   #16
Buglim

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiledSniper View Post
How? What does he have to gain from it? Take it from someone involved, its not about promoting him - its about promoting Limerick.
He has plenty to gain from it and he knows it. It has become a vehicle for him and a select few friends to promote themselves.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-10-2011, 12:57   #17
Beer Baron

Send a message via MSN to Beer Baron Send a message via Skype™ to Beer Baron
I unliked/unfriended the page on Facebook because it seemed to always be sharing links to womens clothes and shoes and the like. Most of which had nothing to do with Limerick.

Business all over the place seemed to like tagging Ilovelimerick in their pictures which had nothing to do with Limerick.

As 99% of the posting didn't interest me I stopped liking the page and unfriended them.

The straw that broke the camels back was a personally motivated post on Facebook giving the authors very personal opinion on a political matter. I gave up after that.
10-10-2011, 13:27   #18
Simon Adebisi

Quote:
How? What does he have to gain from it? Take it from someone involved, its not about promoting him - its about promoting Limerick.
I think people would believe that more if he didn't stick his mush into every picture.
10-10-2011, 13:36   #19
RonMexico
Closed Account

I'll never forget the day Rich Anthon (as he likes to call himself) approached me and said - "Hi are you involved in [insert area of media industry]?" When my answer was negative he just blanked me and walked away. I had to laugh. Sorry I didn't bull**** him just to watch him foam at the mouth at the prospect of more attention.

I have nothing against the photographers involved but the "presenters" element just reeks of self promotion. They'd show up to the opening of a coffin if they thought it would get their mug in the local rag newspapers.
Thanks from:
10-10-2011, 13:39   #20
Buglim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
I'll never forget the day Rich Anthon (as he likes to call himself) approached me and said - "Hi are you involved in [insert area of media industry]?" When my answer was negative he just blanked me and walked away. I had to laugh. Sorry I didn't bull**** him just to watch him foam at the mouth at the prospect of more attention.

I have nothing against the photographers involved but the "presenters" element just reeks of self promotion. They'd show up to the opening of a coffin if they thought it would get their mug in the local rag newspapers.
Ha, this happened to me. he knew I was working in the media and kissed my ass at a party but when he found out that I couldn't influence the editorial he did the exact same thing.

Sorry but he reeks of self promotion but it's actually funny to watch him work.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-10-2011, 14:04   #21
The Snipe

Well if you lot don't like it, unfriend it - its simple. You don't have to put up with it. From working with them, I know for a fact that I find it benifical in getting me to the contacts I need. So what if he is in every second photo, so is the mayor at a mayrol event. People who have seeked promotion off Ilovelimerick have seen it can help an awful lot! Look at the headway ball! I shot all the promotion stuff for that, with him, and it was a complete success!
10-10-2011, 14:35   #22
electrobanana

Quote:
Is that you Rich..
(2) thanks from:
10-10-2011, 14:55   #23
L.T.P.

Quote:
So why does he share his own Facebook profile on it where he describes himself as Presenter, Songwriter, Producer, Creative Director, Actor?
10-10-2011, 15:31   #24
kilburn

some of it is interesting but it is a self promotion platform, at least he contributes something unlike those city limits clowns WHO?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-10-2011, 15:53   #25
ZombieBride
Closed Account

I've just checked the facebook page, and the 10 most recent updates are:

Bothar Fashion Fundraiser - Photos by Eva Birdthistle. (photos)
Headway Ball. (photos)
Limerick photographer Sean Curtin Photography who is a true artist!! Amazeballs talent!!! Please like & share!!!
High Heels and Handbags Fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis. (photos)
Fab fab fab Limerick restaurant Texas Steakout!! Yummy!! Please like and share.....
Love this Limerick photographer! Beata Pietras Photography. Please like and share...
Limerick man & Irish Award Winning Photographer, Commercial, Portrait and Wedding Photography. Michael Martin Photography
This Friday, October 7 · 7:00pm - 10:00pm at Dunraven Arms Hotel, Adare, Co. Limerick. Tickets and further information available direct from Headway, Limerick by phoning 061-469305 or 469306, or by emailing tickets@headway.ie.
Limerick business Yvonne Fahy Photography. Please like and share...
In aid of Mid West Simon Community.Please come along and support us in our work for disadvantaged people faced with housing crisis.
Celebrating national Simon Week and creating awareness of homelessness in the region. Contact Domhnall O'Lionsigh @ 087 2760590
Zombie Walk by Dolf Patijn (photos)

It seems to be mostly Limerick charity organisations and local businesses being promoted as far as I can see, and when is that bad? Am I missing something?
10-10-2011, 16:05   #26
ulperson
Banned

rich is a legend and one of the soundest guys around. he really works hard like you wouldn't believe
Thanks from:
10-10-2011, 16:30   #27
The Snipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrobanana View Post
Is that you Rich..

Actually no, I'm not.. I'm one of the photographers on their team (Cillian Keogh) Who took the photos for the Headway Ball, Outbreak, Arthurs Day, Butterfly Ball, Inspire, Inspire Wedding Fair, Limerick Pride, The Tops Ball, Outbreak Launch, Roches St. Fest, Pride Comedy Night, Thomond Swim.. And many many many more. (I'm also the lazy ****er who is the only photographer that doesn't have a bio done for the site).
10-10-2011, 17:20   #28
Simon Adebisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulperson View Post
rich is a legend and one of the soundest guys around. he really works hard like you wouldn't believe
Nah this is Rich :lol:
10-10-2011, 23:42   #29
seachto7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglim View Post
Ha, this happened to me. he knew I was working in the media and kissed my ass at a party but when he found out that I couldn't influence the editorial he did the exact same thing.

Sorry but he reeks of self promotion but it's actually funny to watch him work.
careful now
11-10-2011, 01:00   #30
Liam Byrne
Closed Account

I used to have it on my Facebook page but then it morphed into almost all gay & fashion rubbish that I had no interest in, so I removed it.

It needs a broader agenda.
Thread Closed