New icerink!! - Page 6 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
23-01-2012, 11:01   #76
flowrider04
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 283
Wonder when there will be an update was suppose to be opening in February
flowrider04 is offline  
Advertisement
25-01-2012, 19:50   #77
victap8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowrider04 View Post
Wonder when there will be an update was suppose to be opening in February
apparently IIHA.oeg should announce on their website when the opening of the rink will be!
victap8 is offline  
31-01-2012, 12:43   #78
MrJoeSoap
Moderator
 
MrJoeSoap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,748
Mod: Hockey




Looking good!

Facebook page here - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nation...31130286940072
MrJoeSoap is offline  
31-01-2012, 18:08   #79
Wisco
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In hiding.
Posts: 624
Unfortunately these pics aren't very new (saw them few months ago) so hoping they've made some progress lately!
Wisco is offline  
04-02-2012, 11:49   #80
victap8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 34
New pictures from the rink

http://iiha.org/downloads/IIHA_Newsl...ssue_2-web.pdf
victap8 is offline  
Advertisement
27-02-2012, 23:02   #81
flowrider04
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 283
Anymore word on this ?

Their Facebook page is also not working any more.

Last edited by flowrider04; 27-02-2012 at 23:04.
flowrider04 is offline  
10-03-2012, 16:32   #82
Crapbag
Registered User
 
Crapbag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost
Posts: 326
The disappointing aspect of those pictures is the lack of a spectating area but thats about the only thing I can see wrong with it. Its hard to build a sport without a spot for the fans. Do they have a Zamboni for the rink? Ive been playing up at Castleknock on ice for a few weeks now. Its not bad, rink is small but any ice is good ice at this stage. I hope it stays open if both rinks are up and running. Ive been chatting about the Santry rink to lads playing up there and its all just rumors as to when it will open. Some were saying it was meant to be open last week but there was an issue with ice laying. We are all waiting for it to open.
Crapbag is offline  
10-03-2012, 16:42   #83
syklops
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 16,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by cena View Post
I would of took me 3hours too have gone too dundalk. Is there a reason Why they would bring nhl size rink here. I hope some nhl teams come here for a game
/me starts fantasising about a game between Brno Kometa and the Dublin Gurriers.
syklops is offline  
10-03-2012, 16:44   #84
MrJoeSoap
Moderator
 
MrJoeSoap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,748
Mod: Hockey
I'd imagine a Zamboni would be way over-budget for a place like Santry.
MrJoeSoap is offline  
Advertisement
12-03-2012, 02:11   #85
red_ice
Registered User
 
red_ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Dublin
Posts: 5,108
Send a message via ICQ to red_ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapbag View Post
The disappointing aspect of those pictures is the lack of a spectating area but thats about the only thing I can see wrong with it.
There is about 10 meters of space which isnt in that pic to the right and there are benches in storage which havnt been assembled yet. They will go the length of the rink and will also be at the foot of the rink. It would be about 5 tiers high all around. More than enough for a growing sport. There are offices lining the entire wall the length of the place to which a viewing could be put in - like an executive box space in a proper stadium.

No point in jumping to conclusions and saying its disappointing when you've never seen the place. This is being done out of yer mans pockets, theres no point in getting all this stuff if there is no ice down. So lets wait for that to happen first. I'd much rather a good slab of ice to benches for people to sit on while they look at the grid of pipes. Remember, they need ice to make money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapbag View Post
Some were saying it was meant to be open last week but there was an issue with ice laying. We are all waiting for it to open.
Theres only a handful of lads working on the project, all these rumors your hearing are just that, rumors. The the first problem was getting the equipment in. That pic of the rink was taken before they even had chillers. Then they had to find people who know what they are doing to assemble it. They had to free up time to come over, then they have to build it, then test it. If a pipe has a leak its much easier to fix when there is no ice down. They can take another 6 months for all i care. If its done right we will have a good rink, and they are trying to do just that, there are no risks being taken with this project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoeSoap View Post
I'd imagine a Zamboni would be way over-budget for a place like Santry.
You'd be wrong... x 2

Last edited by red_ice; 12-03-2012 at 02:13.
red_ice is offline  
Thanks from:
12-03-2012, 12:00   #86
MrJoeSoap
Moderator
 
MrJoeSoap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,748
Mod: Hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ice View Post
You'd be wrong... x 2
Savage!
MrJoeSoap is offline  
12-03-2012, 12:32   #87
Crapbag
Registered User
 
Crapbag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ice View Post

No point in jumping to conclusions and saying its disappointing when you've never seen the place. This is being done out of yer mans pockets, theres no point in getting all this stuff if there is no ice down. So lets wait for that to happen first. I'd much rather a good slab of ice to benches for people to sit on while they look at the grid of pipes. Remember, they need ice to make money.
Point taken but relax mate. Im just going by the pictures. Its hard to see what the gap distance is in them. Ive been in rinks where its a 4 foot gap to the wall and no space to have seats. Im glad there are plans. Thanks for the info

I read the rest of the thread there. Im willing to lend a hand on cleaning boards or whatever is needed. Who should I contact?
Crapbag is offline  
13-03-2012, 20:09   #88
red_ice
Registered User
 
red_ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Dublin
Posts: 5,108
Send a message via ICQ to red_ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapbag View Post
Point taken but relax mate. Im just going by the pictures. Its hard to see what the gap distance is in them. Ive been in rinks where its a 4 foot gap to the wall and no space to have seats. Im glad there are plans. Thanks for the info

I read the rest of the thread there. Im willing to lend a hand on cleaning boards or whatever is needed. Who should I contact?
Soz, i came across as being a dick there, it was unintentional! There is space for people and its been a key point in having the rink! I'm not gonna say who to talk to because Im not sure what the situation is right now!
red_ice is offline  
Thanks from:
14-03-2012, 09:16   #89
Crapbag
Registered User
 
Crapbag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost
Posts: 326
No worries man. I just wanna play there. I know there might be politics but I just wanna help out where I can, get involved and play.
Crapbag is offline  
21-03-2012, 00:26   #90
goblin59
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 935
cannot wait to get back on the ice again and play icehockey!
goblin59 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet