Originally Posted by MyBusinez.com
. The Google ranking system is way to complex to get to page 1 in 5 days. It depends on many factors.
Well unfortunately thats not true, i got my client into page 1 this week for in my opinion a good keyword for him for what he does.. yes there is not that much competetion but alas he needs to target keywords other than the impossible..
A few tips.. U need Lots and lots of long tail keywords to target..
if your nice is chicken coops.. targeting "chicken coops" with high competition might never be attainable because
1. You might not have the experience in seo
2. Link diversity.. Many many different different areas, such as blogging, yahoo answers, web 2.0, article networks, high pr blog posts, social bookmarks, facebook and twitter and lots more.
3. On page seo.. U need ure website to at least be 60 or 70% sorted so google can actually see your site for the keywords "chicken coops" It doesnt have to be perfect but it needs to be ok or above
4. Top level domain.. Targeting "chicken coops" with chicken coops.info isnt doing you any favours.. .com .org or .net and also dont forget targetting geo.. Meaning if you are targetting an irish customer dont be putting it into google.com because its predomintly usa based.. google.ie is a differnt bad boy although its good to drive traffic to get pr in the long run
5.Keyword research.. I can look at a site in under 1 min and tell you the wrong keywords your targeting.. u need more on this such as:
Your overall goal is to drive traffic x to get an average conversion of 5% ?? Chicken coops is 100k searches local per month so the number 1 will get me on google approx 40% of that which is 40,000 searches per month for the no 1 slot.. U do realise that page 1 on spot ten is 2.90% of that 100k
SOOOO getting page 1 isnt the end all and be all.. my point is u need to target less competitive keywords such as long tail keywords..
the no10 spot for "chicken coop" is 3000 searches per month
If u research a keyword "blue chicken coops in dublin" and it has a 10k local that means for no1 you will recieve 4,000 searches per month
If u find another that is "where to buy chicken coops in dublin" and has an 8k local search it is approx 3200 seaches. Which keyword would u target if it had both equal competition ???
The second because its a buying keyword, the first looks like its a search keyword people are looking around, to see what how much for the chicken coop. The latter people are literally going online with the credit card hoping to purchase today and i feel you would have much better conversion ratios with that one.
If you did hit no1 for the "blue chicken coops in dublin" you are automatically targetting "chicken coops" also.. believe it or not. So you will drive traffic and increase serp ranking by ALONE chasing the second keyword.. The KEY and im surprised that no one in ireland on this forums is helpnig you guys, is to target lsi keywords (long tail keywords). Ive had enough website failures over the years to tell you why it doesnt work.
Also dont be over fussed with google, its 70% of the traffic, dont forget bing and yahoo are close to the other 30% .. u will hit up those firstly in the short term anyway so you,ll start getting traffic from those asap.
I suspect the reason your not in google, if you indeed have targetted a wrong keyword.. (too much competition) unfortunately you need to do a bit more legwork on this.