Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-09-2012, 12:02   #1381
strewthelvis

Hi all,
Recently bough a mobile home while rebuilding. Its Gas everything in it. In the past two weeks we have gone through a large gas drum (not sure of size, but the big ones). We haven't been there during the day as we work and had heating on few hours in evening but not constant on. Haven’t used the cooker more than twice so seems like a lot of gas used.

We are not thinking maybe we should install a small stove. would anyone have experience of doing this, any recommendations for stove? any idea of cost? mobile is 39* 12. Advice really appreciated and needed.
Advertisement
28-09-2012, 12:46   #1382
emg74

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseinthesun View Post
At the stage of picking out a boiler stove for a heating upgrade, currently have oil fired c heating with an open fireplace no back boiler, looking to get an inset stove linked to heating system and holding on to the existing oil fired.

sitting room size is 3.5 x 2.8 x 2.2 metres
Rad sizes are in cm

50x145 x 2 singles
50x165 double
50x155 single
50x130 single
50x120 single
50x110 single
50x65 double
50x55 single
50x45 double

I prefer the Stratford EB12iHe but I'm finding it difficult to actually purchase one in the Limerick area, I have been offered the YOLA 17I at €1,475 but not as aesthetically pleasing as the Stratford imho! The ESSE 350gs is also an alternative, any one have any opinions on these? and also latest prices I should be expecting to pay for the stove?

thanks in advance!

Hi - we got the stratford EB12 earlier this summer and so far are delighted with it. It is providing great heat to the radiators and is very fuel efficient.

We bought from Alan Gordon in Kilkerrin, Co. Galway so he might be an option for you. They delivered to us in Sligo. Will PM you will details
28-09-2012, 12:55   #1383
kingdom fan

HI

I went to Gordons last week to look at the AAROW EB16HE, he has a big selection of stoves and I found him straight to talk to,
I liked the look of it EB 16 adn EB 20., the stats seem very good, I'll decide over the weekend whether to go for the Inis Meain or the EB 16 at the weekend. I feel the EB 20 is a little too big for my room
28-09-2012, 14:54   #1384
Stove Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers View Post
Hi all.Have been following this thread and in particular the advice of stov fan which has been invaluable and honest.Sad to hear that you are leaving our shores stove fan. I had hoped that you were going to set up in some consultancy capacity, I for one would have been a willing paying customer.
I have been looking at the firebird 16 kw insert stove but cannot find any reviews online.I have fourteen rads half of them doubles ,house 2005 well insulated , i plan on only using about ten rads in total and the 3 kw to the room will be sufficent.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this or similar stoves they would recommend.Thanks.
Can't help with any reviews but thank you for your comments. I would of liked to stay here but there is difficulty in finding full time work and so I applied for Jobseekers Allowance and got fed up of phoning up the appeals place in Dublin over 5 months to just get refused at the end of it!! So I have no choice but to return to the UK.

Stove Fan

Last edited by Stove Fan; 28-09-2012 at 14:58.
28-09-2012, 15:05   #1385
Stove Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseinthesun View Post
At the stage of picking out a boiler stove for a heating upgrade, currently have oil fired c heating with an open fireplace no back boiler, looking to get an inset stove linked to heating system and holding on to the existing oil fired.

sitting room size is 3.5 x 2.8 x 2.2 metres
Rad sizes are in cm

50x145 x 2 singles
50x165 double
50x155 single
50x130 single
50x120 single
50x110 single
50x65 double
50x55 single
50x45 double

I prefer the Stratford EB12iHe but I'm finding it difficult to actually purchase one in the Limerick area, I have been offered the YOLA 17I at €1,475 but not as aesthetically pleasing as the Stratford imho! The ESSE 350gs is also an alternative, any one have any opinions on these? and also latest prices I should be expecting to pay for the stove?

thanks in advance!
Hi, your rads and hot water require a stove with a 12kw rated backboiler. Your room unfortunately only requires around 1.5kw to heat it.
You need to find an inset stove with a low room heat output.

The Esse 350GS may well be your best option as the room heat is 3.75KW so still high but should be ok with the door open to other room(s)
Never heard of the YOLA!!
I would either go for the esse but if you have double doors to other rooms or your insulation is poor the Aarrow EB12 Inset. The inset produces 5kw to room and a 12kw boiler.

Stove Fan
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-09-2012, 15:11   #1386
Stove Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by strewthelvis View Post
Hi all,
Recently bough a mobile home while rebuilding. Its Gas everything in it. In the past two weeks we have gone through a large gas drum (not sure of size, but the big ones). We haven't been there during the day as we work and had heating on few hours in evening but not constant on. Haven’t used the cooker more than twice so seems like a lot of gas used.

We are not thinking maybe we should install a small stove. would anyone have experience of doing this, any recommendations for stove? any idea of cost? mobile is 39* 12. Advice really appreciated and needed.
Hi, installing a stove in a mobile home isn't a straightforward job as a hearth has to be installed, fireproof any walls with vermiculite board and buy some lengths of twinwall insulated flue to go through the roof etc.

What I would advice is to buy a stove that you will then install in your renovated house Something like the stanley oisin.

To be honest I see it as a 1,500 euro job and that is only a guestimate. I would say get some quotes is really the only way to see

Stove Fan
Thanks from:
28-09-2012, 16:56   #1387
houseinthesun

Hi Stove fan, yes I have double doors with an open plan kitchen-dining room leading onto sun-room so the Stratford is preferred.
The Yola is Irish made in Wexford.
thanks again.
Thanks from:
28-09-2012, 21:52   #1388
sryanmurph

hi everyone,

has anyone heard of Flam stoves or have any opinions on them? we are currently looking at a multifuel version but cannot find much information/reviews on it so I am reluctant to part with the money until i have some positive feedback. I would appreciate your thoughts as its getting cold in here!!!!
28-09-2012, 23:14   #1389
Stove Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sryanmurph View Post
hi everyone,

has anyone heard of Flam stoves or have any opinions on them? we are currently looking at a multifuel version but cannot find much information/reviews on it so I am reluctant to part with the money until i have some positive feedback. I would appreciate your thoughts as its getting cold in here!!!!
Hi I had never heard of them but not surprising as they are based in Belgium and sold In Belgium, Germany and France, Netherlands etc and extending more into the EU.

This is what I found. Company profile.
http://www.linkedin.com/company/flam

Website.
http://www.flam.be/en/Home
http://www.flam.be/EN/Products/Inset...__Coal__Bio/1/

They look expensive.

Stove Fan

Last edited by Stove Fan; 28-09-2012 at 23:16.
Advertisement
30-09-2012, 12:03   #1390
skiman

Opinion on Hamco Ree Petit 4.5kw stove

Hi,

Does anyone have or know of the Hamco Ree Petit 4.5kw stove? My room is 12ft x 14ft with the standard 8ft height. Triple glazed windows, semi solid wood floors with double insulation. Upstairs above the room there is laminate floors with sound proofing and insulation. Will the room be toasty?
30-09-2012, 14:50   #1391
Stove Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have or know of the Hamco Ree Petit 4.5kw stove? My room is 12ft x 14ft with the standard 8ft height. Triple glazed windows, semi solid wood floors with double insulation. Upstairs above the room there is laminate floors with sound proofing and insulation. Will the room be toasty?
Can't help with the stove, but your room should definately be toasty

The stove output calculators say 2.7kw would heat the space.

Stove Fan
30-09-2012, 15:02   #1392
redskip

Double Sided Inset Stove - need advice

Hi folks,
First post. I've had a read through this thread and found it very useful. I'm looking for some feedback advice on selection and installation of a stove for a new build that is yet to start. We have a kitchen / dining room (15ft by 26ft approx) adjacent to a sitting room (20ft by 15ft approx). We are looking to install a double sided stove between the two rooms. See attached image for layout and dimensions. The sitting room has a vaulted ceiling circa 15ft.

The house will be well insulated, at a level equivalent to what an A2 rated house would require albeit I expect our airtightness levels to be in the 3 to 4 range rather than 2 as required for an A2/A3 house.

Our requirements: double sided inset stove, multifuel, external air supply (as installing a heat recovery unit).

My questions:
1. When is a twin wall flue run required and when can you use the standard clay pipe / lining plus reducer down to the stove. Am I correct in saying that the twin wall run is only required when passing through walls or floors?
2. How to select the correct rating when considering the two rooms - is it as straightforward as the LxHxWx5 rule of thumb for one room? Especially important given the vaulted ceiling in the sitting room.
3. Should I be looking out for anything in particular regarding the make up of the stove, i.e. material?
4. Any recommendations? There are not too many options, given our requirements. A trawl of the web and cold calls to suppliers has thrown up the following: the Boru 600i and 900i, Zuzia 16kW, Amelia 25kW, and Oliwia 18kW stoves, Barbas Unilux Cuatro Tunnel (although that one is only available in 7kW max). None are reviewed on the whatstove.co.uk website.

Any advice would be appreciated, I've received one quote so far for supply and fit (but for a 10kW stove that is woodburning only) and have had a few discussions with salespersons but am just looking for some independent advice. I've a very limited knowledge on stoves!

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png StoveRooms.png (67.3 KB, 120 views)
30-09-2012, 15:55   #1393
Stove Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskip View Post
Hi folks,
First post. I've had a read through this thread and found it very useful. I'm looking for some feedback advice on selection and installation of a stove for a new build that is yet to start. We have a kitchen / dining room (15ft by 26ft approx) adjacent to a sitting room (20ft by 15ft approx). We are looking to install a double sided stove between the two rooms. See attached image for layout and dimensions. The sitting room has a vaulted ceiling circa 15ft.

The house will be well insulated, at a level equivalent to what an A2 rated house would require albeit I expect our airtightness levels to be in the 3 to 4 range rather than 2 as required for an A2/A3 house.

Our requirements: double sided inset stove, multifuel, external air supply (as installing a heat recovery unit).

My questions:
1. When is a twin wall flue run required and when can you use the standard clay pipe / lining plus reducer down to the stove. Am I correct in saying that the twin wall run is only required when passing through walls or floors?
2. How to select the correct rating when considering the two rooms - is it as straightforward as the LxHxWx5 rule of thumb for one room? Especially important given the vaulted ceiling in the sitting room.
3. Should I be looking out for anything in particular regarding the make up of the stove, i.e. material?
4. Any recommendations? There are not too many options, given our requirements. A trawl of the web and cold calls to suppliers has thrown up the following: the Boru 600i and 900i, Zuzia 16kW, Amelia 25kW, and Oliwia 18kW stoves, Barbas Unilux Cuatro Tunnel (although that one is only available in 7kW max). None are reviewed on the whatstove.co.uk website.

Any advice would be appreciated, I've received one quote so far for supply and fit (but for a 10kW stove that is woodburning only) and have had a few discussions with salespersons but am just looking for some independent advice. I've a very limited knowledge on stoves!

Thanks
A twinwall insulated flue is used where there is no chimney in the house already, ie masonry chimney.
If no chimney the twinwall should start from 1metre to 1.5metres above the stove and run the entire height of the chimney to outside.

If your house has a block/masonry chimney built with an 8inch wide clay lined flue, you could use an adapter to join the insert stove flue outlet to the clay lined adapter.
My advice would be to line the chimney with a stainless steel flexible liner of 904 grade for multifuel use. Make sure the liner is the recommended size for the proposed inset stove.

There are many online stove output calculators. Just do a google search
https://www.google.ie/search?source=....1.LrjajLOya3E
On one I used it recommended a stove with an output of 11kw in total for the two rooms. For your vaulted room I based the ceiling height as an average of 10 feet overall.
I think you will find most inset stoves are made in steel with cast door and fitting, this is fine.
I havent installed any double sided insert stoves or know of any I would recommend.

Look for stoves built to BSEN13240 Or Amd2 2002 or conforms to CE markings. Look at stove spares prices too. Ie door glass, grate, firebrick linings etc.
Look for stoves that feature, riddling grate, Tertiary air, Secondary burn etc. You are very wise to get one with an external air supply option.
Try to buy a named, well known brand.

Stove Fan
30-09-2012, 16:10   #1394
redskip

Stovefan,
Thanks for the the feedback, especially on the twin wall flue run. Will go away and research it further.
Agreed on the well known brand, cheapest is not necessarily best!

Cheers
Thanks from:
30-09-2012, 19:06   #1395
Katie OS

Hi Stovefan. Have seen a Warmking boiler stove 14kw that I like the look of. It is a chinese import but then so are so many stoves on the market. You recommended a 12kw so I presume I will be doing ok with a 14kw. It has external riddling and all the other requirements like clean burn glass etc.
Do you think we would be ok with this one? Or for that matter anyone out there that has one of these can you please let me know if you are finding it ok?
Many thanks
KatieOS

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion