Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-01-2012, 23:21   #16
Stevek101

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wrecker View Post
Its on the cards but no date yet. The guys are doing 46a adjustments at the moment, then 84/45 merger the 44/3 merger. So you cam relax for a while at least.
Merging the 44 and the 3... That is a strange one!
Advertisement
26-01-2012, 23:41   #17
the groutch

Quote:
The guys are doing 46a adjustments at the moment
thought they were all done and dusted?
27-01-2012, 09:34   #18
lxflyer

Again I'd take all of this with a pinch of salt (no offence to our driver contributors).

Until firm plans are published on the Dublin Bus website, they are still rumours and in the past such rumours have been shown to be well wide of the mark. The company could be looking at a variety of options, but until they make a final decision and publish them in the public domain I'd take them with a degree of latitude.
27-01-2012, 10:37   #19
Cianos

Cllr Stephen Stokes opposes the 84 rerouting
27-01-2012, 11:00   #20
schemingbohemia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cianos View Post
That's from 4 months ago!
Advertisement
27-01-2012, 11:24   #21
The_Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the groutch View Post
thought they were all done and dusted?
Its a tweaking of the trips that handover late around 9am-10am. A few minutes here and there.
27-01-2012, 11:26   #22
The_Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevek101 View Post
Merging the 44 and the 3... That is a strange one!
Enniskerry via parnell sq to Larkhill. Popped up at the last meeting.
27-01-2012, 11:28   #23
lxflyer

Whether they appeared at meetings or not - they're just still potential mergers. Until they actually confirm them on the website they could well not happen. We all know how plans can change!

That merger would make some sense retaining the 3 as a cross-city route - the original plan of terminating at Parnell Square left an awful lot to be desired.
Thanks from:
27-01-2012, 11:51   #24
Cianos

Quote:
Originally Posted by schemingbohemia View Post
That's from 4 months ago!
woops! Friend sent it to me on FB last night /blaming someone else.
Advertisement
27-01-2012, 14:08   #25
Raphael
Moderating is Magic

Send a message via AIM to Raphael Send a message via MSN to Raphael Send a message via Skype™ to Raphael
Quote:
Its on the cards but no date yet. The guys are doing 46a adjustments at the moment, then 84/45 merger the 44/3 merger. So you cam relax for a while at least.
Yeah, now that I'm at a keyboard and can expound, it did just seem like the driver had found out internally and was putting word out. I'm just hoping it doesn't change till it gets a bit warmer, so cycling is a nicer alternative.
27-01-2012, 14:30   #26
AlekSmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxflyer View Post
Again I'd take all of this with a pinch of salt (no offence to our driver contributors).

Until firm plans are published on the Dublin Bus website, they are still rumours and in the past such rumours have been shown to be well wide of the mark. The company could be looking at a variety of options, but until they make a final decision and publish them in the public domain I'd take them with a degree of latitude.
Good sound advice,with the (very) active proviso that the Bray area changes are in the very final stages of negotiation.

These changes will,I'm afraid,be quite contentious and involve no small amount of potential for both internal and external conflict.

There appears to be,yet again a reversion to Local Area Networking with the Bray Area routes rather than an attempt to open up Bray to bus borne explorers from the far northern fringes of our Capital.....
27-01-2012, 14:55   #27
dublinman1990

It is speculated that it is coming down on the line on the 12th of February 2012.

http://www.greystonesguide.ie/public...45-bus-routes/

Just got this by reading the other article about Cllr Stokes. It is not surprising that SF held a meeting on this development last night.

EDIT* It now says they are putting on a protest outside Greystones Town Council on Tuesday 31st January.

http://www.greystonesguide.ie/protes...uncil-meeting/

I do want to make a few points about the secondary schools and Colleges, particularly in Blackrock, Cllr Stokes IMO is very wrong much here.

If the 84 does go down through say Mount Merrion Avenue, there is a wide range of schools including Sion Hill, Froebel College, Blackrock College, St Andrews College and Benincasa.

Most of these are within seconds walk from the bus stops on Mount Merrion.

A lot of these students I've seen use the 45 to get to Bray.

I say that especially for the students along Newtownpark Avenue including those from Newpark Comprehensive School, St Augustine's School, Hollypark and Guardian Angels NS.

There is also a new 3rd level college being built in Blackrock at the moment which would cater for those students mainly who do not have access to the DART.

Newpark, Andrews and BC would have a total of up to 2,000 students between the three of them.

Last edited by dublinman1990; 27-01-2012 at 15:21.
28-01-2012, 05:56   #28
CIE
Closed Account

Quote:
Enniskerry via parnell sq to Larkhill. Popped up at the last meeting.
Why?

The already-long routes aren't working out, just as predicted. Isn't it about time that the bus passengers stopped being so passive about the rearranging of the Titanic's deck chairs, so to speak, and steer the ship away from the icebergs...?
28-01-2012, 10:49   #29
stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cianos View Post

He's calling for the 84 to run every half hour to Cherrywood in Summer time, that was the original plan before he whipped up the "wont someone think of teh students" hysterics...
02-02-2012, 16:36   #30
OssianSmyth

Dublin Bus told me that they "are currently working through options, details will be announced on twitter, facebook, our website and in press closer to the time."

I wrote to the NTA who told me that any route changes would require their approval and that they hadn't received any such application yet.

The 45 service is too infrequent and unpredictable (every 45mins) to be of much use along Clonkeen and Stradbrook Roads (from the N11 at Cornelscourt to Blackrock) . Routing an hourly 84 along here would at least raise the frequency to 25mins. Add in some real-time displays and the service would be usable again.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion