Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers* - Page 54 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-05-2012, 08:01   #796
pixelburp

It's a bizarre decision allright; they want rid of the niche humour, try and fashion it to appeal to a wider audience, but then stick it in a slot traditionally seen as a death-kneel to shows.

I'm trying to look at it this way: even if season 4 confirms all our fears, it will never be able to touch seasons 1 to 3. And besides, if push comes to shove, a poor season 4 can simply be written off as another / wrong timeline
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-05-2012, 08:35   #797
Pappa Dolla

Look at The IT Crowd for a good example of a great 3 season show...
23-05-2012, 10:38   #798
ixoy

Send a message via MSN to ixoy
Have the new show runners said anything at all about their new job? Any sign they even watch the show and like it? Because if they're not familiar with it, and its meta stylings (and genius!) then they're even more likely to Britta it.

Is it also possible / plausible that the reason Dan Harmon was fired is just ultimately a clash of egos and that if he had been a little quieter in his thoughts that he'd have been kept on, regardless of the show's relatively low ratings?
23-05-2012, 13:08   #799
S.M.B.

Or it just all comes down to the bottom line.

Not having to renegotiate a new contract for Harmon and hiring cheaper show runner/writing staff will cut costs.

Move the show to the graveyard slot on Friday then stumble towards Syndication with a 14 episode run.

Then goodbye new episodes of Community.......
23-05-2012, 16:52   #800
aidan_walsh

Dear Netflix,

So now that you've saved Arrested Development, I wonder if you could do me another favour...
Advertisement
23-05-2012, 22:43   #801
QikBax

Good article on the background of the firing:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/dan-h...rd-truths.html
Thanks from:
23-05-2012, 23:49   #802
Seren_
Closed Account

The closing scene of the pilot and the closing scene of season 3:

My response:

thanks reddit

Last edited by Seren_; 23-05-2012 at 23:53. Reason: britta'd it
24-05-2012, 13:19   #803
Hande hoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamc View Post
Good article on the background of the firing:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/dan-h...rd-truths.html
Interesting article. Thanks for the link.
24-05-2012, 15:56   #804
Richard Dower
Banned

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...nts-nbc-328815

Team Community:

With last night's news of David Guarascio and Moses Port as new showrunners/EPs on "Community" running in the press, and since we know that cast members have interviews coming up this week, I wanted to forward some messaging we hope our cast will find helpful as they navigate questions that will undoubtedly come up. I know that David and Moses are reaching out to them all directly but I've also heard from some of the actors that they'd like some guidance on the topic.

I saw some of the tweets that went out and were glad they all addressed their own sentiments quickly, and we're hoping that the news will lose some steam over the next day, especially if we're not perpetuating the topic in any way

We're tracking the coverage and conversation and will circle back if we feel the need to reshift our plan or messaging. Please let me know if you have questions.

Why did Dan get let go from the show?

We're not made aware of why staffing changes take place but I will always be grateful to Dan for his great work on the show and wish him only the best. We're also excited that we'll be back on NBC's schedule in the fall and are looking forward to working on those episodes.

Were you aware that Dan was going to be let go?

No, that's not something we're consulted on. I'm sad to see him go but I am looking forward to starting our next 13 episodes of "Community."

Did the studio or network consult with you about these changes?

No they didn't but we're looking forward to working with David Guarascio & Moses Port on a new season of Community.

What are their plans for the new season?

It's a little early to say at this point but we're looking forward the stories our characters will find themselves in come Sept.
Advertisement
24-05-2012, 16:02   #805
Basq

Send a message via Skype™ to Basq

The NBC exec's clearly told them say nothing and just reinforce your excitement to work on the show..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Dower View Post
Why did Dan get let go from the show?

We're not made aware of why staffing changes take place but I will always be grateful to Dan for his great work on the show and wish him only the best. We're also excited that we'll be back on NBC's schedule in the fall and are looking forward to working on those episodes.

Were you aware that Dan was going to be let go?

No, that's not something we're consulted on. I'm sad to see him go but I am looking forward to starting our next 13 episodes of "Community."

Did the studio or network consult with you about these changes?

No they didn't but we're looking forward to working with David Guarascio & Moses Port on a new season of Community.

What are their plans for the new season?

It's a little early to say at this point but we're looking forward the stories our characters will find themselves in come Sept.
So it's safe to say they're looking forward to working on it..

24-05-2012, 17:09   #806
stevenmu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basq View Post
The NBC exec's clearly told them say nothing and just reinforce your excitement to work on the show..
I am looking forward to watching the next season of "Community", coming this Fall, only on NBC
Fyp.
24-05-2012, 19:30   #807
mrkite77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basq View Post
That's exactly what that memo is. It's a list of "here is how we would like you to respond to questions about Dan" along with specific examples.
Thanks from:
24-05-2012, 19:44   #808
Richard Dower
Banned

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/take-...inal-exam.html

Megan Ganz (one of the key writers on "Community") just tweeted that she will be back for the upcoming season. Good news!

Last edited by Richard Dower; 24-05-2012 at 20:18.
25-05-2012, 02:32   #809
Also Starring LeVar Burton
as Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Dower View Post
http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/take-...inal-exam.html

Megan Ganz (one of the key writers on "Community") just tweeted that she will be back for the upcoming season. Good news!
That's good, she wrote both the documentary film-making episodes, the bottle episode and the law and order episode, which were all excellent.
Thanks from:
25-05-2012, 10:30   #810
Kilkenny14

Great to hear that Megan Ganz is staying, it gives me some hope Season 4 will be decent.

Also in another news, Alison Bire is going out with James Franco's brother from Scrubs 2.0

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion