Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to hellfire club at night?

• 28-08-2011 7:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

I live just at the bottom of that mountain and used to be able to see the club from my bedroom window (before the celtic tiger built thousands of apartments/houses and blocked my view!). But of course living near it ive heard many of the stories and have just read one online about 2 girls going there at night and seeing black shadows everywhere...i think i might be more scared of the junkies hanging around - but i wonder if anyone has any experiences/stories of spending a night up there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd imagine there are lots of black shadows at night, alright. I wouldn't go near the Hellfire club at night; I have a terrible allergy to being murdered by junkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

kylith wrote: »
    I'd imagine there are lots of black shadows at night, alright. I wouldn't go near the Hellfire club at night; I have a terrible allergy to being murdered by junkies.

I've been there many times ,sat on the roof at 3am and looked across Dublin.It's a bit scary alright.
    The last time I was up there was about 10 years ago and the it was a bit strange. Clouds moved in and the whole area was covered in dense fog and out of nowhere a woman walked over to us and asked us which way to lord masseys.

She was hiking by herself at 2am in thick fog:eek: I thought that was strange, everyone to their own I suppose.

I've been there many times ,sat on the roof at 3am and looked across Dublin.It's a bit scary alright.
    The last time I was up there was about 10 years ago and the it was a bit strange. Clouds moved in and the whole area was covered in dense fog and out of nowhere a woman walked over to us and asked us which way to lord masseys.

She was hiking by herself at 2am in thick fog:eek: I thought that was strange, everyone to their own I suppose.
    Hiking across the mountains at 2am? That's a bit mad.

I haven't been up there for years, but I was fascinated by the history of the place. I wish I could remember how to get there cos it's a lovely hike up the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭texidub

Yep. Been up there at night. Would agree with the others who said they'd be more afraid of junkies etc.

Some great shots of it here, BTW:
    http://www.abandonedireland.com/hf.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

texidub wrote: »
    Yep. Been up there at night. Would agree with the others who said they'd be more afraid of junkies etc.

Some great shots of it here, BTW:
    http://www.abandonedireland.com/hf.html

I've heard about this junkie thing but have never seen it tbh, although I have seen the evidence there. I'd say it's more lads drinking than junkies, I have gone up and come across people drinking and messing in the woods alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

The Hellfire Club - My team have investigated back in January, very active location. Lot's there to be found ( Paranormal wise )

Otherwise, never go up alone anyway, but never go up alone if your female!

After our investigation ( we had to cut it short at 1am ) we reached the bottom of the hill.. to be greeted by 3-4 cars of skinhead guys going up there... on a Monday night? Looked fairly dodgy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Found a drug addict up there once. Tried to investigate it but the fact that it's open to the elements makes it nearly impossible. Been up there a few times at night, it's just at the back to tallaght so it's bound to attract a bad element. O ly paranormal investigation that we needed to bring a baseball bat on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Would never go up there at night, no... Madness. Dodgy as fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Dave! wrote: »
    Would never go up there at night, no... Madness. Dodgy as fcuk

These people go head to head with the devil. A few scrotes don't scare them.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭T17cH

I was just reading through the article and the story with the devil playing cards in the house is nearly word for word the same as the story associated with loftus hall in wexford.

• Advertisement

Riamfada wrote: »
    These people go head to head with the devil. A few scrotes don't scare them.
    They should. There's no proof that a devil exists, but junkies with syringes or stanley knives are a proven fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 thegspot

Hi All,
    Myself and my mate went up one night about 2 years ago around Halloween... On way up in pitch black and next thing is I fall over sheep!!! I nearly died.

We had cameras, recording equipment. Think we caught a number of orbs on them... two days later I came down with swine flu! Nasty... Hense I'll never forget it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I would love to go up there sometime. I've just spent two years writing a research thesis on a group of Irish authors, one of whom was James Worsdale, who happened to be one of the founding members of the Hellfire Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Found a drug addict up there once. Tried to investigate it but the fact that it's open to the elements makes it nearly impossible. Been up there a few times at night, it's just at the back to tallaght so it's bound to attract a bad element. O ly paranormal investigation that we needed to bring a baseball bat on.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Sad as it is, it's true.
    I've never had any bad experiences up there myself though.

You'd tell fairly quickly by the car parked at the gate whether there's any eejits up top really but have your wits about you going up all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

CianRyan wrote: »
    Sad as it is, it's true.

You'd tell fairly quickly by the car parked at the gate whether there's any eejits up top really but have your wits about you going up all the same.

I've been walking up here all my life and have very rarely run into any shady folks up there. I did however come across the aftermath of some kind of a ritual that had been held up there a few years ago, when I was walking up there early one morning back in 2006, one of the upstairs rooms had candles still lighting in it and all sorts of occult paraphernalia was lying around on the ground with a big pentagram mapped out on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Sad as it is, it's true.

I've been walking up here all my life and have very rarely run into any shady folks up there. I did however come across the aftermath of some kind of a ritual that had been held up there a few years ago, when I was walking up there early one morning back in 2006, one of the upstairs rooms had candles still lighting in it and all sorts of occult paraphernalia was lying around on the ground with a big pentagram mapped out on the floor.

Very cool find!
    I don't suppose you got any pictures?

My parents have always told me there's weird goings on up there on Halloween, devil worish and all that.
    This is the first case I've heard or some one actually coming across any evidence of this.

Very cool find!
    I don't suppose you got any pictures?

My parents have always told me there's weird goings on up there on Halloween, devil worish and all that.
    This is the first case I've heard or some one actually coming across any evidence of this.

I took pictures at the time but they were taken on my mobile and then eventually a few months later the mobile died and the pics were lost.

The date I remember was the morning after the winter solstice of December 2005, just a day or two before Crimbo of that year. It was the room to your right if you are standing upstairs at the middle window in the hall, looking out over the city. Weird and all as it was to see, a room laid out for a satanic ritual, I didn't really put it down to anything more than some students experimenting with the occult but sure you wouldn't know these days what would be going on...

I took pictures at the time but they were taken on my mobile and then eventually a few months later the mobile died and the pics were lost.

The date I remember was the morning after the winter solstice of December 2005, just a day or two before Crimbo of that year. It was the room to your right if you are standing upstairs at the middle window in the hall, looking out over the city. Weird and all as it was to see, a room laid out for a satanic ritual, I didn't really put it down to anything more than some students experimenting with the occult but sure you wouldn't know these days what would be going on...
    Probably just some eejits messing around. Still, even if they were serious at least they have a much chance of raising Satan as Christians have of getting God to show up somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

A satanic ritual on the winter solstice in a building made popular by urban myths, they sound like real winners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

I've gone up there recently enough with the gf but I haven't been there after dark - she refuses to and I won't go on my own. For safety's sake you understand? :D Took the pic below on August 14th just gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

I live in Firhouse and can see it while Im sitting on my couch here :D

I've been up there plenty of times, day and night. Any junkie that can make it up there at night must be supplementing steroids, I cant imagine why any self respecting junkie would bother, there are easier places to bang up. There used to be raves help up there at night, although I never attended. Camped up there a couple of times in my teens, only thing to be afraid of was the joy-riders on the way up. Saw a heap of bright lights up there last summer, turns our the where shooting for "Camelot".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Whats the easiest way up? I know theres a steep hill up but I think theres a long way round am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

T17cH wrote: »
    I was just reading through the article and the story with the devil playing cards in the house is nearly word for word the same as the story associated with loftus hall in wexford.
    It does seem to be one of those myths that gets thrown about a lot, I have heard of it in relation to another house, but can't remember which one. I've also heard of variations where there was dice involved or dancing in a local hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Whats the easiest way up? I know theres a steep hill up but I think theres a long way round am I right?
    Yeah, just follow the main fireroad out of the car park, it winds around the mountain a bit. You'll reach a point where there's a T-junction, you can go left down towards the forest or right up to the building.
    The main road takes about 35 minutes, the direct route you'll climb in 10-15 minutes.

I wouldn't go up at night only because you have no idea what kind of scumbags you'll find up there. Generally only kids of 14 - 17 years old knacker drinking, but they can be dangerous when they want to be. Midweek is probably safer than weekend nights.

I've camped up on the mountain several times, it's my fav part of Dublin, (hence the username!), I've often gone for a midnight walk up to the house from where I was camping which would have only been a few minutes walk away, it is obviously more errie at night, more foreboding than errie but you can't beat the night time view from the middle window at the top of the stairs, walking into the house at night thought and up the stairs can be a bit freaky on your own...

Actually this venue would make an ideal boardie's Paranormal beer's haunted night, (Scholar's Pub is at the foot of the hill), get a few sociable evening pints in, followed by a night time haunted walk up the hill and then back to the boozer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

up there a few times at night, it's just at the back to tallaght so it's bound to attract a bad element.

Bit harsh on Tallaght. Plenty of decent people in Tallaght

LC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

i got a flat tyre in the middle of the sally gap once on a monday night at 11.30 with two friends in the car....im generally not a fearful person but i nearly s**t myself waiting for help to arrive as it was so isolated..i think every horror movie i had ever seen ran through my mind

i remember my dad coming back from fca camp when i was younger saying he saw some sort of rituals going on in the woods up there so i have this massive fear now of going into the mountains at night....wish i didnt though 'cause if youre not s*****g yourself id say its magical!

lolo62 wrote: »
    i got a flat tyre in the middle of the sally gap once on a monday night at 11.30 with two friends in the car....im generally not a fearful person but i nearly s**t myself waiting for help to arrive as it was so isolated..i think every horror movie i had ever seen ran through my mind

i remember my dad coming back from fca camp when i was younger saying he saw some sort of rituals going on in the woods up there so i have this massive fear now of going into the mountains at night....wish i didnt though 'cause if youre not s*****g yourself id say its magical!

Someone told me once a good few years ago that they witnessed a procession of 8-10 people, in 2 lines/files, steadily making their way up the pathway to the house at the top of the hill once, dressed in black hooded robes and carrying candles. He was cutting through the forest on the way down the hill and almost walked into them as he was about to cut across the pathway that cuts through the forest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Someone told me once a good few years ago that they witnessed a procession of 8-10 people, in 2 lines/files, steadily making their way up the pathway to the house at the top of the hill once, dressed in black hooded robes and carrying candles. He was cutting through the forest on the way down the hill and almost walked into them as he was about to cut across the pathway that cuts through the forest.

wow thats not the kind of thing you want to run into...ive heard rumours too about satanic rituals...

i LOVE the mountains also but tend to steer clear at night...do you go up there regularly after dark?

Advertisement