Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-09-2011, 04:15   #46
AstonMartin

How would your daily routine change?

Its only a title.
Advertisement
05-09-2011, 14:35   #47
beeintheknow

The green eyed monster has consumed you all. I am, to the best of my knowledge, the biggest all weather pro in the UK today, certainly since my mate Will relocated to Australia. Can anyone name a bigger aw pro?
05-09-2011, 15:16   #48
AstonMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeintheknow View Post
The green eyed monster has consumed you all. I am, to the best of my knowledge, the biggest all weather pro in the UK today, certainly since my mate Will relocated to Australia. Can anyone name a bigger aw pro?

what makes you think you are the best AW punter? Anybody who is that good could not care less what people on an internet forum thinks.

How about you post a few selections with a staking plan and reasons/estimated edge and we can see how good you are.
05-09-2011, 15:20   #49
beeintheknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartin View Post
what makes you think you are the best AW punter? Anybody who is that good could not care less what people on an internet forum thinks.

How about you post a few selections with a staking plan and reasons/estimated edge and we can see how good you are.
I know I am the biggest (not necessarily the best) based on meeting I have had with various peeps who are in the know. Will Barroman was the biggest but he moved backed to Oz. I was second to Will in terms of turnover. As such I am now the biggest player on the aw in the UK, possibly Europe, definitely not the world.
05-09-2011, 15:23   #50
Dr.Silly
Closed Account

Quote:
Sure what's so wrong with what I said? Perhaps the odds on stuff is a little iffy, I'll admit that. I'm making it pay so who are you all to judge me?

As for that earlier post that someone dragged up, I've turned things around since then. That was a lowpoint but I've built up a decent bank since.

Plenty of jealousy here.
A lowpoint ? That was posted in June 2011.
If you're a pro gambler, you should know that swings can occur for months and months on end ...
June till now is is like only 3 months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement
05-09-2011, 15:25   #51
beeintheknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Silly View Post
A lowpoint ? That was posted in June 2011.
If you're a pro gambler, you should know that swings can occur for months and months on end ...
June till now is is like only 3 months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I made significant gains playing multitraps in Hall Green later that day and have not looked back since.
05-09-2011, 15:26   #52
Dr.Silly
Closed Account

Quote:
I made significant gains playing multitraps in Hall Green later that day and have not looked back since.
well. ... well done so.

hopefully you've got your bankroll management sorted out then
05-09-2011, 15:28   #53
Dr.Silly
Closed Account

btw, do you have a blog or thread with tips that we could avail of ?
sure would be nice to get a few big price winners
05-09-2011, 15:30   #54
johnny_cash

Welcome back coughlan08
Advertisement
05-09-2011, 15:30   #55
Dailynaps

Quote:
Hard to believe the biggest AW pro would have thought just 2.5 months ago that he could use his girlfriend's business as collateral for a loan without her knowing. It just shows too much of a lack of common sense.

Also, saying odds on is probably never a good bet but only in doubles or trebles shows a complete lack of knowledge of value. If a price adds value to a multiple it obviously has to be value as a single.

"Try to avoid laying winners at big prices." That was good advice though
(4) thanks from:
05-09-2011, 21:52   #56
ArmaniJeanss

Quote:
Fckers here just aren't going to believe you, they are all a load of sceptical busto degens.

You should sicken them by proving your bankroll, I'm guessing as a big AW punter it must be close to 6 figures. So stick up a lay that won't be matched on a future event, request say £50K on Rory Mc at 500/1 for the British Open next year, take a screen shot and then take your money down.
(2) thanks from:
06-09-2011, 09:28   #57
RoverJames
Banned

Quote:
Hall Green, as in greyhounds?
Seriously like.

I'd say the only all weather you've ever had luck on is the local astro turf pitch tbh.
06-09-2011, 10:04   #58
beeintheknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverJames View Post
Hall Green, as in greyhounds?
Seriously like.
No Hall Green as in speculating on the price of coffee.

I have always done well at Hall Green, to the extent that I now refer to it as 'all green'.
06-09-2011, 11:10   #59
Thud

used to work in a country pub years ago that had a pretty highstakes poker game every fortnight that had a few pro gamblers that played. They'd periodically bring along a new mug, someone who'd just sold a farm or pub for a few million and over the course of a few months would proceed to milk said mug until he was either broke or copped on and got out of the game.

Every so often one of the pro gamblers would stop showing up and word would be that they'd hit a bad streak, rarely saw them after that.

Most of them steered well clear of horses, too many variables to make it consistent, the one who seemed to be doing best out of it focused solely on golf (and poker), he had a lot of connections in the game and made it his job to know every possible detail, from grass lenght, caddie stats to what ball the player was using and everything in between....eventually he stopped showing up too
Thanks from:
06-09-2011, 11:27   #60
RoverJames
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thud View Post
Every so often one of the pro gamblers would stop showing up and word would be that they'd hit a bad streak, rarely saw them after that.

...........eventually he stopped showing up too
Much like any other business folks go to the wall so to speak.

I like to make a few hundred a month from gambling, it's a huge pastime (addiction if you like) for me, I get a buzz from the winners and it scratches an itch for me. I have no desire to be a pro punter really.

I'd like to be a racing correspondent but that's never going to happen, I have as much chance of winning the lotto, and I rarely do the lotto.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion