Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
06-09-2011, 13:04   #16
eiimzxo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
=]

I'm repeating the leaving cert in Limerick Tutorial College. I'm so glad i dont need to repeat Irish and Maths. But I am taking on two new subjects for points, Geography and Ag Science, which needless to say is a daunting task. It's gonna be a hard year lads, but it'll be worth it!
eiimzxo is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-09-2011, 20:53   #17
cavanman52
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
Plunket College Whitehall

Repeat leaving cert is now enrolling. It's a good school with a track record of success in bringing students up in points. I know a teacher from Cavan there. He is an excellent Business subjects teacher. He thought me in St. Pat's in Cavan. He has great notes
cavanman52 is offline  
06-09-2011, 23:36   #18
DufferO8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Swords
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavanman52 View Post
Repeat leaving cert is now enrolling. It's a good school with a track record of success in bringing students up in points. I know a teacher from Cavan there. He is an excellent Business subjects teacher. He thought me in St. Pat's in Cavan. He has great notes
can you still apply or is it to late?
DufferO8 is offline  
06-09-2011, 23:46   #19
cavanman52
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10

Ring the school but I think you should be ok. I'm not in the school but they were taking people on monday.
cavanman52 is offline  
08-09-2011, 01:31   #20
Sarah?
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 190
'Ello!

I'm repeating too, it's kind of been on the back of my mind for many months. Glad I am - the next nine months could make a huge difference in the long run!

My reasons - youth, lack of career guidance and the fact that studying was left far too late last year...
Sarah? is offline  
Advertisement
08-09-2011, 14:46   #21
Mysteriouschic
Registered User
 
Mysteriouschic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah? View Post
'Ello!

I'm repeating too, it's kind of been on the back of my mind for many months. Glad I am - the next nine months could make a huge difference in the long run!

My reasons - youth, lack of career guidance and the fact that studying was left far too late last year...
I left the studying far to late last year myself. Now I'm looking back thinking what the hell was I thinking leaving it that late. I'm starting from Monday or at least organising what I will study and starting the one after. Definitely starting from around this month and no later.
Mysteriouschic is offline  
08-09-2011, 14:50   #22
Mysteriouschic
Registered User
 
Mysteriouschic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavanman52 View Post
Repeat leaving cert is now enrolling. It's a good school with a track record of success in bringing students up in points. I know a teacher from Cavan there. He is an excellent Business subjects teacher. He thought me in St. Pat's in Cavan. He has great notes
I'm starting there next week and doing business again. Does he just give you out loads of notes? Was he a good teacher? Does he go through the exam papers?

I didn't do aswell as I could've even though I passed I had a bad teacher who hated the subject and would just read the book and not even show us the right way to answer questions or check how we're getting on.
Mysteriouschic is offline  
11-09-2011, 19:53   #23
johnpaulm88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3
Fees?

Their fees aren't on the site, does anyone know what they are and what you need to put down day one?
johnpaulm88 is offline  
11-09-2011, 20:37   #24
cocopopsxx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteriouschic View Post
I left the studying far to late last year myself. Now I'm looking back thinking what the hell was I thinking leaving it that late. I'm starting from Monday or at least organising what I will study and starting the one after. Definitely starting from around this month and no later.
Same! What on Earth was I thinking! Such a bad decision- definitely would recommend everyone to start early or else they'll be back repeating like myself! :L

I'm doing that too- Starting this month (have already started a bit) and no later. It can make a HUGE difference! Good luck! xx
cocopopsxx is offline  
Advertisement
11-09-2011, 20:49   #25
Mysteriouschic
Registered User
 
Mysteriouschic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocopopsxx View Post
Same! What on Earth was I thinking! Such a bad decision- definitely would recommend everyone to start early or else they'll be back repeating like myself! :L

I'm doing that too- Starting this month (have already started a bit) and no later. It can make a HUGE difference! Good luck! xx
I'm starting the college classes tomorrow my timetables pretty handy too. I have two half days which is great and the lessons are longer . I have my study timetable made.
Mysteriouschic is offline  
12-09-2011, 10:08   #26
johnpaulm88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiimzxo View Post
I'm repeating the leaving cert in Limerick Tutorial College. I'm so glad i dont need to repeat Irish and Maths. But I am taking on two new subjects for points, Geography and Ag Science, which needless to say is a daunting task. It's gonna be a hard year lads, but it'll be worth it!
Can you tell me what their fees are and how much they want up front, please?
johnpaulm88 is offline  
15-09-2011, 20:10   #27
Eggy Baby!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Defending glorious Mother Russia with my keyboard.
Posts: 1,142
yeah I'm repeating. Is it better to repeat in your old school or in a new school? I hate my old school- don't want to repeat there! Do people get lazy or something when they repeat the LC in their old school?

Quote:
But I am taking on two new subjects for points, Geography and Ag Science, which needless to say is a daunting task. It's gonna be a hard year lads, but it'll be worth it!
exactly what I'm taking on!
Eggy Baby! is offline  
21-09-2011, 21:51   #28
emzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Christmas Island!
Posts: 49
best of luck everyone! repeating is seriously the best thing I've ever done....I was close to accepting a course I didn't want last year just to move on from school but accepting what I wanted this year made it so worth it! keep the heads down and ye'll all do great, anything is possible if you put the work in and stay positive! It's definitely not easy but nothing in life that's worth it is attained easily!

Also I'd totally recommend Ag Science as a subject for repeating. I'd never stepped on a farm in my life and couldn't tell you a beef cow from a dairy cow starting off and I managed a B1!

Also, for anyone who took up geography "Exam Skills" by Sue Honan is excellent for sample answers!
emzz is offline  
Thanks from:
22-09-2011, 18:20   #29
Eggy Baby!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Defending glorious Mother Russia with my keyboard.
Posts: 1,142
Hey guys; gotta question about repeating here. If I start to repeat (and then possibly give up repeating) , does that mean I have forfeited my previous leaving Cert and my results are invalid? Thnx
Eggy Baby! is offline  
23-09-2011, 20:46   #30
xclw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 346
i'm repeating in my old school, i'm a 7th year :/
xclw is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet