25 - The age where hangovers get worse. - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-08-2011, 20:06   #1
Kaneda_

25 - The age where hangovers get worse.

Im 25.The hangovers are worse now.The 'tiredness' lasts two days instead of one now.I used to be able to party all night,sleep,get up then do it all over again.Not anymore unless i really push myself.

Maybe im drinking more than i used to i tell myself to make me feel better,but i now better than that.

I know people are different but i think 25 is the general age going by my friends an myself?

Anyone experience this?
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-08-2011, 20:07   #2
pragmatic1

They get worse every year after 24 or 25.
Thanks from:
20-08-2011, 20:07   #3
locked_out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneda_ View Post
Im 25.The hangovers are worse now.The 'tiredness' lasts two days instead of one now.I used to be able to party all night,sleep,get up then do it all over again.Not anymore unless i really push myself.

Maybe im drinking more than i used to i tell myself to make me feel better,but i now better than that.

I know people are different but i think 25 is the general age going by my friends an myself?

Anyone experience this?
Any data to back this up?
20-08-2011, 20:07   #4
Cill Dara Abu
Closed Account

Pfft... lightweight
20-08-2011, 20:10   #5
SlasherMcGurk
Closed Account

Don't think they get any worse but I do think youbegin to ask yourself why would you bother killing yourself and end up writing off the next day as a result (and quite often the majority of the following week)
Advertisement
20-08-2011, 20:13   #6
bigwormbundoran

Im only 21 and there is a marked difference btween now and at 17, I could easily, and often did, drink 7 nights a week during the summer. Now however one decent session and im wrecked for the entire next day as opposed to virtually nowt at all, and my stomach takes at least 2 days before it operates on a regular level.
20-08-2011, 20:14   #7
realies
The man who never talked back

Lads & ladies i know this is after hours but for your info Over the years -- slowly and insidiously -- alcohol begins to take more and more control in a subtle and stealthy manner until it finally comes to dominate all aspects of the drinker's life. The drinker may still view his drinking as a harmless relief from stress or a casual recreational activity, but gradually it can begin to affect his decisions, job, relationships, and quality of life.
Because the change is so gradual over a long period of time, few drinkers notice the point at which their drinking metamorphoses from occasional abuse into full-fledged dependence by which time your life is fcuked, cheers and have a great night :-)
20-08-2011, 20:16   #8
TheZohanS
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by realies View Post
Lads & ladies i know this is after hours but for your info Over the years -- slowly and insidiously -- alcohol begins to take more and more control in a subtle and stealthy manner until it finally comes to dominate all aspects of the drinker's life. The drinker may still view his drinking as a harmless relief from stress or a casual recreational activity, but gradually it can begin to affect his decisions, job, relationships, and quality of life.
Because the change is so gradual over a long period of time, few drinkers notice the point at which their drinking metamorphoses from occasional abuse into full-fledged dependence by which time your life is fcuked, cheers and have a great night :-)
I'll drink to that.
20-08-2011, 20:22   #9
Kaneda_

Quote:
Originally Posted by realies View Post

Ths cycle has already played out in my life.It took 8 years and now i have transformed like a butterfly,gracefully from a young innocent teenager to a mid 20's fully fledged drinker and wife beater.

All it took was 40000 euro and abit of dedication.
Advertisement
20-08-2011, 20:30   #10
Killer Pigeon
Closed Account

What's with all these threads about alcohol recently?
Thanks from:
20-08-2011, 20:34   #11
cruiser178

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlasherMcGurk View Post
Don't think they get any worse but I do think youbegin to ask yourself why would you bother killing yourself and end up writing off the next day as a result (and quite often the majority of the following week)

I never had any problems with hangovers til i hit 35, now they are just mind blowing, i seem to be suffering exactly the way slasher decribed it. If i want to go on the piss i have to write off the next day, so before i put a drink to my lips i have to ask myself is it worth it, 9 times out of 10, it's not.
Thanks from:
20-08-2011, 20:47   #12
dsmythy

That's because all your other drinking sessions have begun impacting your health.
20-08-2011, 20:49   #13
PseudoFamous

Send a message via Skype™ to PseudoFamous
I say we ban drink and legalise weed.
Thanks from:
20-08-2011, 20:57   #14
Chuck Stone
Closed Account

I have to plan for my hangovers these days.
20-08-2011, 21:01   #15
admiralofthefleet
Closed Account

wait til you hit 30. then you will know what a hangover is
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size