Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

24-02-2012, 20:36   #3076
fccomment
Closed Account

I think it is Dermot's house unless Jo (as his wife) became a joint owner when they got married.
Advertisement
24-02-2012, 20:41   #3077
fccomment
Closed Account

What will David do next? Suzanne is gone. Will he follow her?
24-02-2012, 23:33   #3078
Tayla

Quote:
Originally Posted by fccomment View Post
It is not easy to forgive quickly. Jo is guilty of a huge betrayal of trust. It can't be forgotten after a few days. Dermot is only human. Anger can make people do things in the spur of the moment. It can cloud thoughts and make people react in abnormal ways.
I just would have thought as a foster carer he would have considered everyone in the equation, he has had time to calm down now, he had 2 foster children desperate to stay with him, he could have considered trying to sort things out for their sake. Everyone seems to be aware that Jo has been banished for what she's done but noone seems to be telling Dermot that it's not fair on Ben.

Quote:
It is a soap.
I know it's a soap, everyone knows it's a soap, everyone keeps saying that the actress that played her had to go off for maternity leave so that explains it, I also get that but it's not relevant to the discussion of Dermots character, I'm talking about how Dermot the character is acting after what Jo has done and the path that the scriptwriters have taken.

Quote:
Emily's advice was not exactly encouraging him to keep up with his appeal.
I don't know much about foster care myself but I presume he wouldn't have had a chance of winning any kind of appeal like that anyway would he? A single man with 2 foster girls? Plus Emilys report would have had to say that Dermot hid the truth from her about the situation.

Last edited by Tayla; 24-02-2012 at 23:36.
24-02-2012, 23:52   #3079
Badhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayla View Post

I know it's a soap, everyone knows it's a soap, everyone keeps saying that the actress that played her had to go off for maternity leave so that explains it, I also get that but it's not relevant to the discussion of Dermots character, I'm talking about how Dermot the character is acting after what Jo has done and the path that the scriptwriters have taken.
I hear ya. This thread has been a pantomime recently. Actually way more entertaining than the actual soap itself.
Anyway, I used to think Dermot's character was a wishy washy waste of space, but I must admit I am loving this new side to somebody dealing with cheating. No way back.
I reckon that's really interesting. Be intriguing to see if he is forced to back down due to demonic looking Ben character who cannot act his way out of a paper bag. (Really where did they get him, just whose son is he??).

Love the way Tommy Dillon is only concerned about making himself feel better and that storyline which started out ridiculous (tommy & Jo, really??), now actually has legs, and is a really interesting and in some ways true to life. Well, in as much as Leo's hands in his pockets style acting is that is, which is well, oh dear I better not continue...
Thanks from:
25-02-2012, 01:37   #3080
fccomment
Closed Account

Just in reply to Tayla's points, I don't really know why the scriptwriters have chosen to do this with Dermot's character. It is definitely a long, long way from the original Dermot when he first appeared on FC. To be perfectly honest I always thought he was a bit of a joke and never took him too seriously until he married Jo. I never thought that Suzanne would belt the living daylights out of Damien either. I suppose predicting the actions of the characters is what the scriptwriters are trying to change. They want to get their viewers. Who knows.

Badhb, Ben is the son of a doctor who left the country when he was found guilty of helping Floyd to die. The doc (married to Floyd's step-sister) had a baby with a girl called Deirdre. She left the baby with Jo and Dermot (they can't have kids). They did their own fake adoption or something. Deirdre married Dermot's brother Ken later. Tommy and Jo were a bit stupid but that is the way it goes.

I'm glad that the thread has not forgotten about the Fair City tv show/soap. I hope that posts which offend people are reported in future and the moderators deal with them asap if necessary and keep the thread going for the sake of FC viewers/posters.

Last edited by fccomment; 25-02-2012 at 01:53.
Advertisement
25-02-2012, 01:37   #3081
Harry Angstrom

Quote:
It takes a special sort of person to be a foster carer and I don't think foster carers would act like that, they should understand the importance of some stability for the kids they are fostering, Dermot didn't even give it a chance to sink in to see how he felt, he just basically said get out!
That's not very fair on Dermot. The fact that the girls' father did not want them to stay on their own with Dermot probably had a big bearing on his decision. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable fostering 2 children if I didn't have the imprimatur of their father.
(5) thanks from:
25-02-2012, 13:17   #3082
fccomment
Closed Account

Apart from Dermot's behaviour, it is also a shame that Jo didn't put her son and foster kids first either. It was her who created the mess in the first place. She can live without any obvious discomfort in Cork. She doesn't have to be seen as a disgrace around her own home place. It is Dermot who has to keep the show on the road and deal with her betrayal. If it had been Dermot who had the affair, I think Jo would not be in a very forgiving mood as soon as she would discover the truth. She doesn't strike me as someone who would just forgive and forget immediately.

Last edited by fccomment; 25-02-2012 at 13:23.
Thanks from:
25-02-2012, 14:05   #3083
jenny30

Dermot is hurt by JO. He is angry. It makes sense that he hates Jo. He tried to keep those foster children but the system went against him. What more could he do? Why should he take her back for the sake of children he hardly knows? He has done as much as he can as far as I'm concerned.

Louise MUST be coming back. What point is the storyline otherwise, unless, Suzanne has a prem baby in Australia? Stays there with Bela and lives happily ever after.

I was impressed with the scenes on Thursday with Dermot. He was totally believable. Tommy looked upset and Ben was heartbreaking asking about Jo, very believable also. I did find Bela and Suzannne and the Esther and passport dilemma a little unbelievable .
Thanks from:
25-02-2012, 16:46   #3084
cloptrop
Banned

i hope dermot bets a medallion and a hairy chest . Sends ben to cork and becomes the local dirty up all nighter. His heart of stone leaving a trail of despairing women in his wake. His only love a new sportscar and a penchant for not paying his maintenance.
I would like to see a family court story highlighted.
Advertisement
25-02-2012, 23:56   #3085
Tayla

Quote:
Apart from Dermot's behaviour, it is also a shame that Jo didn't put her son and foster kids first either.
I agree completely.

Quote:
She doesn't have to be seen as a disgrace around her own home place.
I wouldn't say that that would have any bearing on her not coming back, if someone has an affair yes they'll be judged but people would get over it, that person would be judged a hell of a lot more for moving a few hours away and rarely seeing their child anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny30 View Post
Why should he take her back for the sake of children he hardly knows? He has done as much as he can as far as I'm concerned.
That's where we think differently then, as I said already I think it takes a very special person to be a foster carer and I think a foster parent would have at least considered it, he wouldn't have to actually 'take her back'....

what age is Kelly by the way does anyone know?
26-02-2012, 02:01   #3086
cloptrop
Banned

Quote:
I agree completely.

I wouldn't say that that would have any bearing on her not coming back, if someone has an affair yes they'll be judged but people would get over it, that person would be judged a hell of a lot more for moving a few hours away and rarely seeing their child anymore!

That's where we think differently then, as I said already I think it takes a very special person to be a foster carer and I think a foster parent would have at least considered it, he wouldn't have to actually 'take her back'....

Id say shes legal anyway, I think she should start doin playboy as soon as shes legal if she isnt
26-02-2012, 10:21   #3087
nlgbbbblth

Quote:

Not the same age as the actress playing her.
26-02-2012, 20:13   #3088
amdublin

Ah jaysis that whole sketch there about throwing out/finding the passport was ridiculous.
Thanks from:
26-02-2012, 20:17   #3089
macgrub

How did David know it was Bella's passport without even opening it?
Thanks from:
26-02-2012, 20:18   #3090
amdublin

Is Esther David's mam? Why does he not call her "mam"
Thread Closed