Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-03-2011, 00:52   #1
cena

Wrestling Magazine Thread *Powerslam, WWE Magazine closing*

Does anyone buy this. I use too get it every month years back. The last one got was the wrestle maina one. I find theres loads of ads in it than there use too be.

There is one like too read just can't think of it. Its in eason.
Advertisement
22-03-2011, 06:20   #2
Charisteas

I find it depressing that in most newsagents the WWE magazine used to be stacked with other sports magazines, but now it's stacked on the bottom shelf with kids magazines next to the Beano.
22-03-2011, 09:52   #3
Lord TSC

Mod: Soccer
Really? I usually find the 4 wrestling mags in the sports section, and only the WWE Kids Magazine in the kids section. At least in most of the Easons I go to.

Used to buy WWE mag when I was younger. Then bought it a few times in my later years cause of the Diva pictures (<_<). Then they stopped doing even them. I find my problem is that there are better magazines out there in every possible way (news, interviews, reviews, etc) and that aren't obviously biased....
22-03-2011, 12:22   #4
parker kent
Closed Account

Raw Magazine used to be decent when Vince Russo was involved with it (Yes I just praised something Russo related!). They had decent non-kayfabe interviews and features. Best one I remember is one with Edge about his life and career.

Only wrestling magazine I'd get now is Powerslam.
22-03-2011, 15:53   #5
drayme

The recently revamped FSM is the best out there.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-03-2011, 17:37   #6
Lord TSC

I get both FSM and Powerslam, since I find the articles are strong in the first and the news is better in the second. Plus differeing opinions is always interesting.

I shall be cancelling my subscription to FSM in the summer when it runs out though; It takes way too long to get to my house by post for some reason. Have seen it in shops two weeks before it arrives at my house, thus making the subscription pointless...
22-03-2011, 18:21   #7
drayme

So you are cancelling FSM as it takes too long to get to you but you buy Powerslam for the news instead for paying for an online site?
22-03-2011, 19:34   #8
Charisteas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamshadowclan View Post
Really? I usually find the 4 wrestling mags in the sports section, and only the WWE Kids Magazine in the kids section. At least in most of the Easons I go to.

Used to buy WWE mag when I was younger. Then bought it a few times in my later years cause of the Diva pictures (<_<). Then they stopped doing even them. I find my problem is that there are better magazines out there in every possible way (news, interviews, reviews, etc) and that aren't obviously biased....
Ah yeah your dead right, Eason still stock it in the Sports section!

In Tesco it's bottom shelf with the kids rags. Tesco have a cool looking new WWE 3D mag with 3D posters in stock now.
15-07-2011, 14:13   #9
drayme

Have to say that the FSM that came out this week is best and most original magazine Ive read in years.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-07-2011, 14:27   #10
Lord TSC

I've taken a serious knock in my liking of FSM due to their shocking subscription service. I still buy it, but I find I rate Powerslam more nowadays...
15-07-2011, 14:42   #11
drayme

Quote:
I've taken a serious knock in my liking of FSM due to their shocking subscription service. I still buy it, but I find I rate Powerslam more nowadays...
Ill take an article on Tozawa in the US over yet another Edge retro.
15-07-2011, 15:19   #12
GTR63
Closed Account

Quote:
I found whenever I bought Fighting Spirit it was just a bit full of itself & the Lance Storm articles were pure boring.I only bought 3 & never read the last one before dumping it out in the recycling. Way rather Power Slam their review of Mania was right on the head but I could do without the 6 page 3 part Edge love-ins.I was particularly dissapointed with the Savage article this month,thank god they are doing a 2nd part.
15-07-2011, 15:34   #13
DEFTLEFTHAND

I used to really enjoy a mag called World of Wrestling which later changed to Power of Wrestling. Bill Apter was the editor if I remember correctly. I haven't seen it anywhere in years now though, I presume its no longer published.
15-07-2011, 15:35   #14
drayme

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR63 View Post
I found whenever I bought Fighting Spirit it was just a bit full of itself & the Lance Storm articles were pure boring.I only bought 3 & never read the last one before dumping it out in the recycling. Way rather Power Slam their review of Mania was right on the head but I could do without the 6 page 3 part Edge love-ins.I was particularly dissapointed with the Savage article this month,thank god they are doing a 2nd part.
When was the last time you read FSM out of interest? Personally I dont pay attention to Lance, Nick Adlis, Apters stuff at the end of the mag.
15-07-2011, 16:00   #15
GTR63
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by drayme View Post
When was the last time you read FSM out of interest? Personally I dont pay attention to Lance, Nick Adlis, Apters stuff at the end of the mag.
they reviewed Couture vs Big Nog & talked about ROH losing Danielson & McGuinness. It was around Autumn 09 I think. It was a bit out of date when it had a interview with McGuinness talking about him signing with wwe.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion