Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-05-2012, 13:13   #76
caspa307

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.Kiki View Post
But...
it's a sports game...

not trolling nor stupid

http://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20360/Games/5781/nba-2k11

^came out in august 2010 still 30€ new
Advertisement
24-05-2012, 02:15   #77
Paully D

Hey lads, thinking about picking this up myself (even after creating the thread ages ago I never got round to buying the game, instead waiting until it became cheaper).

Would any of you be interested in an online association mode? Basically it's just a franchise mode but we can do it as a fantasy franchise. So people pick a team and then we can set a date for the draft and get to play some human v human games with people from the Boards community. Feel free to ask friends etc if they want to join in too. There's a Madden online franchise we play in and it's excellent.

If we could get a few interested then I think it would be a good idea. In saying that, I have no idea how the league works regarding advancements etc due to games being played every day in the NBA as opposed to just having to advance once a week in Madden. I've read that there's a bit of confusion over how the league advances days but we could look into it I guess. Anyone interested? I'm on Xbox 360 by the way.

A video of the draft in action (this is 2 hours long as they have a full franchise of 30 human players but I'd imagine we'd struggle to get anywhere near that so it would be much, much shorter):

Last edited by Paully D; 24-05-2012 at 02:59.
26-05-2012, 12:24   #78
buyer95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paully D View Post
Hey lads, thinking about picking this up myself (even after creating the thread ages ago I never got round to buying the game, instead waiting until it became cheaper).

Would any of you be interested in an online association mode? Basically it's just a franchise mode but we can do it as a fantasy franchise. So people pick a team and then we can set a date for the draft and get to play some human v human games with people from the Boards community. Feel free to ask friends etc if they want to join in too. There's a Madden online franchise we play in and it's excellent.

If we could get a few interested then I think it would be a good idea. In saying that, I have no idea how the league works regarding advancements etc due to games being played every day in the NBA as opposed to just having to advance once a week in Madden. I've read that there's a bit of confusion over how the league advances days but we could look into it I guess. Anyone interested? I'm on Xbox 360 by the way.

A video of the draft in action (this is 2 hours long as they have a full franchise of 30 human players but I'd imagine we'd struggle to get anywhere near that so it would be much, much shorter):

Yes that would something that would interest me definitely. Count me in
26-05-2012, 12:46   #79
NTMK

Id be up for that too
26-05-2012, 15:34   #80
Paully D

I've just ordered the game.

So far we have:

Paully D
Buyer 95
NTMK

Anyone else fancy joining the online association then throw your name down here I've created a thread in the NBA forum too to see if there's any more interest.

Last edited by Paully D; 26-05-2012 at 15:57.
Advertisement
27-05-2012, 17:37   #81
Mikeyt086

Throw me in aswell! I ordered off The Hut last week and I'm expecting it in the post tomorrow.

What's the minimum number of players we can have in the draft? Or does it have to fill 30 teams with CPU? Because if we got say 8 of us in a league with ridiculous all-star teams it would be pretty good craic!
Thanks from:
27-05-2012, 19:06   #82
Browning2010

IVe been meaning to get this game aswell, I'll join if I pick it up.

Weres the cheapest place to get at the moment?
Thanks from:
27-05-2012, 19:32   #83
Mikeyt086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browning2010 View Post
IVe been meaning to get this game aswell, I'll join if I pick it up.

Weres the cheapest place to get at the moment?
Online: Zavvi @ €26 inc delivery. http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms.../10523528.html

In shops: Gamestop @ €35
27-05-2012, 19:47   #84
Paully D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt086 View Post
Throw me in aswell! I ordered off The Hut last week and I'm expecting it in the post tomorrow.

What's the minimum number of players we can have in the draft? Or does it have to fill 30 teams with CPU? Because if we got say 8 of us in a league with ridiculous all-star teams it would be pretty good craic!
Nice one Mikey.

Yeah it will fill the rest up with CPU teams, that's good in a way too though because we'll always have games to play even if there's only around 8 human players.

When I get the game I'll have a more detailed look at the settings etc but I'll implement some of the rules we have from the successful Madden franchise such as no trading with CPU teams etc (it keeps things fair as the CPU generally always accepts trades even if they are not fair).

A good way would be to pick the teams we will be through a random draw. Makes it a bit more exciting but anyway once I get the game and have had a better look at things I'll make a longer, more detailed post here with proposed rules etc and everyone can have a say on when they're available for the draft and league rules such as quarter lengths etc.

Looking forward to it now, should be good and hopefully it will pick up as we get going and we'll have more and more players come NBA 2K13.

Last edited by Paully D; 27-05-2012 at 20:29.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-05-2012, 20:33   #85
Mikeyt086

Yeah the Madden league is very well run, full of sound lads aswell. I had to pull out early on as my Madden disc broke but I really enjoyed the games I had in there.

The CPU games will most likely be the ones I lose! Always found it so complicated to play as the whole team, plus with the sheer awesomeness of My Player I spent very few hours on the 5v5 modes in 2K11.
27-05-2012, 21:02   #86
Liam O

You can set up leagues in increments of 4 as far as I know, I'd probably be up for it, played in a good few in 2k8 I think it was where it was a lot easier to find active leagues than it is now. Doing a fantasy draft makes it all the more fair and fun imo so if a league ends up happening that's what we should do imo.

Don't know how much time I can give to it, would be available most weekdays but work weekends and have Poland coming up...
27-05-2012, 21:22   #87
Paully D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post
You can set up leagues in increments of 4 as far as I know, I'd probably be up for it, played in a good few in 2k8 I think it was where it was a lot easier to find active leagues than it is now. Doing a fantasy draft makes it all the more fair and fun imo so if a league ends up happening that's what we should do imo.

Don't know how much time I can give to it, would be available most weekdays but work weekends and have Poland coming up...
You might as well join up anyway mate. If you're not available then your game will just get simulated. Chances are you'll get to play a good few and I'd imagine there's a few players who won't be around at weekends either. From what I understand you can play 3 games in advance anyway so if you were around during the week you could get your 3 games played then and not worry about playing at the weekend.

It's going to be a bit of fun and won't be taken too seriously. Given that I'm not aware of anyone on here who is experienced at the online association in NBA2K12 we're all in the same boat and it will involve a lot of trial and error at the beginning.

It will definitely be a fantasy draft, with the decision on who is what team more than likely done through a random selection unless everyone has different favourite teams, which would be increasingly unlikely with the more players we get.
Thanks from:
27-05-2012, 23:26   #88
caspa307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paully D View Post
I've just ordered the game.

So far we have:

Paully D
Buyer 95
NTMK

Anyone else fancy joining the online association then throw your name down here I've created a thread in the NBA forum too to see if there's any more interest.
add me in
Thanks from:
27-05-2012, 23:32   #89
Paully D

Brilliant, so far we have:

Paully D
Buyer 95
NTMK
Mikeyt086
Liam O
Caspa307

I've sent a few PM's to others that have posted in this thread, but forgot that they might be on PS3 rather than Xbox 360.

Feel free to ask friends that aren't posting on here if they want to join up too and they can get signed up.

My copy of the game will hopefully be here on Wednesday and we can get the ball rolling on the finer details.

Last edited by Paully D; 28-05-2012 at 00:03.
28-05-2012, 11:14   #90
Felexicon

I am all over this!!!!!!
Count me in
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size