Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quiz Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Hope to make it tonight folks. Its fairly handy from the overground for me.

Whereabouts do you sit in the pub, how will i find you etc. Don't want to walk up to every table asking "are you from boards" :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hope to make it tonight folks. Its fairly handy from the overground for me.

Whereabouts do you sit in the pub, how will i find you etc. Don't want to walk up to every table asking "are you from boards" :)

We normally get there for about 7:45 - the 8 o'clock start tends to be a bit relaxed. The quiz itself is upstairs (the door to the stairs is towards the back of the pub, to the left of the toilets). I've PM'd you my number, give me a shout when you get there.

Turns out Interpol moved their HQ from Paris to Lyon 20 years ago, bastards! :D Cost us the win.

Good to meet you all last night and hope to be there next Monday. Might need to brush up on my films and tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Hi all, I'm in London this week (technically based there full-time but spending a lot of time travelling) and I'd definitely be interested in a quiz and a few drinks. Is there anything on Monday 14 Nov? If so I'd love to meet some of youse there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Reekwind wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm in London this week (technically based there full-time but spending a lot of time travelling) and I'd definitely be interested in a quiz and a few drinks. Is there anything on Monday 14 Nov? If so I'd love to meet some of youse there

We normally do the quiz in the North London Tavern on Monday (8pm for half 8ish) if that suits you :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=156&g2_serialNumber=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Monday night sounds good. I should be there, giant cat or not. Do you have a usual table or can you PM me a number so I know where to find you all?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Defo for tomorrow even planned my journey there :)

Can someone who's going pm me their number pls .... Also.... I love big cats :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

PMs sent to both of ye, see you tomorrow night :)

2 teams tomorrow night surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

I won't be about this Monday - try to manage without me :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Welcome in advance, new people! I’ll be there later as well.
    2 teams tomorrow night surely?
    We have managed seven people on a team before, but if we have eight or more we’ll probably have to split into two groups. We’ll just have to see who turns up!
    serrity wrote: »
    I won't be about this Monday - try to manage without me :D
    If there are any very specific questions about cars, this will be my reaction:

Can someone give me directions from kilburn high road overground station... I'm getting two different sets here. Is kilburn high road the closest station?

Our woman in the field reckons the quiz has been cancelled this week :( Think we'll pop in for a drink anyway if anyone's already on their way.

The Westbury quiz on Wednesday should be on (and may be worth a bit of money if we can answer that killer question). Any takers?

Aaww cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Misticles wrote: »
    Can someone give me directions from kilburn high road overground station... I'm getting two different sets here. Is kilburn high road the closest station?
    kilburn on the jubilee line and brondesbury on the overground are much nearer. If you come out of kilburn high road and turn right and just keep walking (about 10-15 minutes) you'll get there but id say kilburn is your best bet. Will pm you my number if you want directions from there

Balls, they must be taking an extra week to find some anti-Irish questions to stump us

Our woman in the field reckons the quiz has been cancelled this week :( Think we'll pop in for a drink anyway if anyone's already on their way.

The Westbury quiz on Wednesday should be on (and may be worth a bit of money if we can answer that killer question). Any takers?

Yeah, count me in for that

Yeah, count me in for that

where is the wednesday one?

The Westbury pub on Kilburn High Road. It's just up the road from the Kilburn High Road overground station & a few minutes from Kilburn Park tube station. Starts at 7.45 for 8.

• Advertisement

Well that was a disaster - we got seventh place and a willy warmer.

Come back Shirley, all is forgiven!

seventh place and a willy warmer.

That sounds like a good basis for a team name, now I think of it...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Ooh, who won the willy warmer?

Ooh, who won the willy warmer?

Take a guess...once again, my hastily-scribbled cartoon smut is recognized as being worthy of a prize! (And a round of shots!)

Fysh wrote: »
    Take a guess...once again, my hastily-scribbled cartoon smut is recognized as being worthy of a prize! (And a round of shots!)

Well done! What was the theme? Your artistic talent was finally rewarded :D

Well done! What was the theme? Your artistic talent was finally rewarded :D

It was something like "ferdinand probes John Terry over the racism brouhaha". Foolishly I didn't retrieve it for posterity but I might do a stickman reconstruction later (not drawing it at work, they already think I'm weird enough without adding my smutty cartoons into the mix!)

Fysh wrote: »
    It was something like "ferdinand probes John Terry over the racism brouhaha". Foolishly I didn't retrieve it for posterity but I might do a stickman reconstruction later (not drawing it at work, they already think I'm weird enough without adding my smutty cartoons into the mix!)

Well if you ever apply for a new job in the near future, under "hobbies and interests" you can now put "sketching erotic cartoons" :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm not sure yet if I'll make the quiz tomorrow, I'm going to Poland on Wednesday so I need to finish my articles before I go (press day is Friday) I'll update with my progress tomorrow

Any word on whether the quiz is back on tonight?

I'm up for it anyway

• Advertisement

I excitedly await news of whether it's happening or not...

Advertisement