Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-07-2011, 15:40   #1
January

Send a message via AIM to January Send a message via MSN to January Send a message via Yahoo to January
Tesco Express Finglas....

There will be a new Tesco Express on Cardiffsbridge Road (up beside the big Church) opening soon, saw signs today in Tesco Extra and on the hoarding itself outside the new store... no date as of yet though.

You can contact the Tesco Extra store at Clearwater if you want to apply for a job.
Advertisement
02-08-2011, 12:14   #2
Dirk Gently
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by January View Post

You can contact the Tesco Extra store at Clearwater if you want to apply for a job.
maybe the people in the spar shop directly next door and the other shop 2 doors up should get in early and apply before tesco puts their employers out of business. It will be interesting to see what the prices will be like before and after they send those 2 shops to the wall.
02-08-2011, 12:50   #3
John Mason
Hosted Moderator

HMod: PFJ
in fairness to those two shops would they be much of a loss?

Spar has the rudest people in the world working there, you are standing there waiting to be served and they just continue reading their paper and you never know what time they are going to open at in the morning.

as for the chinese shop - i think that is the scariest places in finglas, i was in there on Friday night and wasnt sure i was going to get out in one piece.
02-08-2011, 13:02   #4
_blank_
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbird View Post
in fairness to those two shops would they be much of a loss?
Nope, the woman who seems to be owner/manager of the Spar who's there at "opening time" every morning to sign for the deliveries is one of the rudest "small shop" owners I've ever encountered. Also, it must be the only Spar in the country that doesn't take Laser, wtf is up with that?

The other shop is grand, I just don't go in because they don't sell my brand of smokes, but at least the chinese guy who works there is friendly.

If I was going down there for bread or milk or anything, I'd go into the non-Spar shop.

This new Tesco is being run by the same people who run the Tesco in Clearwater though, so I expect yet more rude, surly staff in there too, to match the absolute dregs of society who work in Clearwater Tesco.

The only Tesco I even half don't mind going into is the one in Artane Castle. Clare Hall isn't bad either I suppose.
Thanks from:
02-08-2011, 13:27   #5
Dirk Gently
Closed Account

ahh the chinese shop is grand, they're nice and friendly. they do have to put up with local scum frequenting it more than spar though. Just throw a few shapes when you walk in, blend in with the other customers and you'll be grand.

Can't argue with you about yer one in spar though, I feel like doing a dance to get her attention some days, and then she looks at you with a face like thunder. I think I'll stick with the chinese shop though, the staff are nice and smiley in there.
Advertisement
02-08-2011, 13:30   #6
Degsy
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Degsy
[QUOTE=Des;73600312This new Tesco is being run by the same people who run the Tesco in Clearwater though, so I expect yet more rude, surly staff in there too, to match the absolute dregs of society who work in Clearwater Tesco.

.[/QUOTE]

My issue with this place is not the staff but the unbelileivable levels aof scum that frequent the place,almost everybody seems to be buying drink,kids are commonly running round at 11 at night and the place is riddled with scumbags in pajamas rampaging through the shop.
02-08-2011, 13:33   #7
_blank_
Closed Account

and people stealing lemons
02-08-2011, 13:50   #8
PenguinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des View Post
This new Tesco is being run by the same people who run the Tesco in Clearwater though, so I expect yet more rude, surly staff in there too, to match the absolute dregs of society who work in Clearwater Tesco.
Not true at all. Separate shop, separate managers, separate staff. Would love to know where you got that information . As for the staff in Clearwater, not all are rude or surly.
02-08-2011, 13:51   #9
_blank_
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinMan View Post
As for the staff in Clearwater, not all are rude or surly.
There are always exceptions.
Advertisement
02-08-2011, 13:57   #10
David900

Quote:
Not true at all. Separate shop, separate managers, separate staff. Would love to know where you got that information . As for the staff in Clearwater, not all are rude or surly.
Bet I can guess where you work
02-08-2011, 14:17   #11
PenguinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by David900 View Post
Bet I can guess where you work
You absolutely can. And I'm not gonna lie, some of the people I work with are indeed extremely rude to customers but I'm not like that. I've no reason to be rude or ignorant to customers. I don't particularly like it when I'm in other shops and staff are rude to me, so I'm not going to be a hypocrite and be like that in my own workplace.
02-08-2011, 14:18   #12
John Mason
Hosted Moderator

HMod: PFJ
Quote:
As for the staff in Clearwater, not all are rude or surly.
err...........have you ever shopped there? well, i sure as hell dont anymore.

they are the rudist, most ignorant shop staff i have ever encountered in my life.

there is even a facebook page deciated to the rudenss of the staff
02-08-2011, 14:23   #13
PenguinMan

Quote:
err...........have you ever shopped there? well, i sure as hell dont anymore.

they are the rudist, most ignorant shop staff i have ever encountered in my life.

Shopped and worked there. It's unfair to generalise the entire workforce there based on some of the staff. Like I've said above, we're not all like that.
02-08-2011, 14:26   #14
Degsy
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Degsy
Quote:
Is there?
02-08-2011, 14:36   #15
Dirk Gently
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
Is there?
patience, give her a few mins to set it up.
(4) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion