Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-10-2011, 05:33   #46
Richard Dower
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FouxDaFaFa View Post
I liked the latest episode. It was interesting to see them casually flitting around the Orient, which would still be pretty exotic today.

Thought it was a b1tchy move for Laura to move out on Kate without telling her, presumably sticking her with a higher rent, etc.

The landing into Hong Kong was a close call and if I'm remembering my history correctly, Pan Am are due a bad crash on domestic soil soon. So, we'll see!
You watched that ep. pretty quickly Fouxy! - yer a fan then i take it?
I thought ep. 4 was OK, no way as good as last week....but we did get some character development for Ted, him being a naval test pilot, crashing his plane, wanting to be an Astronaut etc.

Lots of sibling rivalry between Kate and Laurs...agree Laura moving out was a petty move! , again...not even a note
You think Laura and Ted will get it on at some stage?...they seem kinda drawn to each other, or will they do the usual move of him cheating on her and being a douche?

Can't stand Maggie! - don't like her attitude and i loathe Rici!, hate her as an actress, she's weird looking! like a troll or something.
At least in this ep. they explained why the youngest pilot in history got his wings, everyone on forums/reviews have noted how there would be NO WAY you'd have a pilot that young, but they did go some way to explaining that.

Alot more CGI in this ep. pretty high quality as welll...the Hong Kong approach was hairy stuff!

Overall it was OK, not a patch on last week....but, will this ep. help the ratings and avoid the axe? - i think not!
Advertisement
18-10-2011, 01:16   #47
Folie a deux

I love this show, I really hope it doesn't get cancelled
Thanks from:
18-10-2011, 02:02   #48
Kiwi_knock

Not a great episode this week, nothing really happened. Showed some depth to Ted's character but that was about it.

Not sure if it will last much longer, maybe get another few episodes before being cancelled.

Last edited by Kiwi_knock; 18-10-2011 at 02:04.
18-10-2011, 10:22   #49
squonk

Send a message via MSN to squonk Send a message via Skype™ to squonk
I liked ep 4 overall. It wasn't particularly exciting but not too bad all the same. I thought the CGI on the approach to Tokyo was a bit dodgy looking but overall it was OK and I was fairly happy.

Seeing as this is likely to get canned as some posters say, it makes you wonder about the wisdom of RTE using licence fees to snap up something like this so early on before it's fate is known. I could see the point if there was a Season 2 but I'm not sure it'd have mattered all that much if they started after Christmas by which time they might not show it anyway as it might not even make 8 episodes the way things are sounding.
Thanks from:
18-10-2011, 10:45   #50
snubbleste

Watched this, the production is good and must be very expensive.
The premise of the show is not very good imho.

I think a ryanair television soap/show would be far more interesting, with low paid hostesses having paid their own training and uniforms, calenders, visits to 20 countries with airports in the middle of nowhere, Brian Dowling working for MI6, picking people out to weigh their luggage, passengers paying less than a bus fare
Advertisement
18-10-2011, 13:26   #51
amdublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by snubbleste View Post
Watched this, the production is good and must be very expensive.
The premise of the show is not very good imho.

I think a ryanair television soap/show would be far more interesting, with low paid hostesses having paid their own training and uniforms, calenders, visits to 20 countries with airports in the middle of nowhere, Brian Dowling working for MI6, picking people out to weigh their luggage, passengers paying less than a bus fare
Is there not one of thiae already about easyjet
Airline or something
18-10-2011, 13:44   #52
Sleepy

I've actually been enjoying this. Sure, it's light as candy floss but the sugary pink stuff is nice sometimes!
22-10-2011, 04:18   #53
FouxDaFaFa

Quote:
Originally Posted by squonk View Post
Seeing as this is likely to get canned as some posters say, it makes you wonder about the wisdom of RTE using licence fees to snap up something like this so early on before it's fate is known.
I was really surprised to see the ads for it on RTE too. Even though I like the show (obviously) I think it was really poor judgement for them to buy it yet when it may be cancelled or not get another series. To think shows like "Breaking Bad" have never been broadcast on Irish television but yet somehow this gets snapped up a few episodes in is so strange to me.

Looking forward to the next episode. I feel this one could be key. If they don't ramp up the action/tension a bit it could be dead in the water for being too slow-moving.
24-10-2011, 21:48   #54
FouxDaFaFa

Just watched the latest episode and it was...fine. Didn't really progress much. Laura is slowly becoming someone who shouldn't be allowed out by herself, which is really irritating to watch. She needs to shake loose the mindset that she needs people constantly leading her by the hand and showing her what to do.

Liked Kate in this episode, although no good can come of this new guy. Also, the CIA aren't paying her? Wtf? Patriotism can only go so far.
Advertisement
25-10-2011, 00:02   #55
baalthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdublin View Post
Is there not one of thiae already about easyjet
Airline or something
That's a documentary but SKY had Mile High a few years ago ...
25-10-2011, 00:57   #56
expectationlost

stereotype of the week

Im Irish, yes okay we know we get it.
Thanks from:
25-10-2011, 01:36   #57
Richard Dower
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FouxDaFaFa View Post
Just watched the latest episode and it was...fine. Didn't really progress much. Laura is slowly becoming someone who shouldn't be allowed out by herself, which is really irritating to watch. She needs to shake loose the mindset that she needs people constantly leading her by the hand and showing her what to do.

Liked Kate in this episode, although no good can come of this new guy. Also, the CIA aren't paying her? Wtf? Patriotism can only go so far.
I liked this ep. alot better then last week, twas kinda fun and funny...
Ted cracks me up with his one liners , while he did it arse about face he did a very nice thing for Laura (buying the ring), he really likes her...i'm shipping these two!, they have good banter and i think they'd make a good couple of she chilled a bit.

Erin Cummings was teriffic as Jenny!, she acted her part well and really looked like a 60's godess. Kate....well played!, her spying skillz are improving....nice thing with the red wine

It was a very "shippy" episode but each pairing was good fun tv, it scored another 1.8 last night, if it keeps like this i'm sure we'll at least see all 13 eps., dunno about a back 9 order though
25-10-2011, 01:37   #58
Richard Dower
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by expectationlost View Post
stereotype of the week

Im Irish, yes okay we know we get it.
Legit accent though, no "oirish" crap....i thought yer man was good.
25-10-2011, 02:03   #59
JONJO THE MISER

Richard your back, how was the holiday
Thanks from:
25-10-2011, 02:09   #60
Richard Dower
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONJO THE MISER View Post
Richard your back, how was the holiday
Brutal....i served HARD time!

Quick Reply