Football Manager 2012 - Page 36 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-11-2011, 16:40   #526
Sgt Pepper 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmuid05 View Post
Been playing away with PSG for 6 seasons now.

have 38m unspent transfer budget this season. I spent the whole game buying up all the young talent in the game, they need game time.....

Lack of experience has cost me though..... lost 4 cup finals in the last 2 seasons
Yep I did that, bought way to many and now selling them off cheap
Advertisement
24-11-2011, 16:44   #527
kronsington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper 64 View Post
frequent saves and back up them up to usb\portable HD\etc
the data is in documents so thats normally covered by a normal backup

you do back up dont you?
I'd like to and I want to, but I am such an absolute imbecile when it comes to basic computer knowledge that i simply dont know how to do it!
24-11-2011, 18:25   #528
gnfnrhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronsington View Post
I'd like to and I want to, but I am such an absolute imbecile when it comes to basic computer knowledge that i simply dont know how to do it!
Basically, copy and paste the save folder to somewhere else on the computer every so often.
25-11-2011, 07:51   #529
danniemcq
Filing situations in filing cabinets.

Send a message via MSN to danniemcq Send a message via Yahoo to danniemcq
i'm fecking delighted and its got nothing to do with results. The computer i used to use i thought was kinda some way decent, the first few rounds of the FA cup could take maybe 5 mins for the results to all generate and even saturday games in the PL would take a fair while.

Built new computer recently and got FM going on it last night. sweet jesus i barely have time to blink before everything is done, gonna be flying through the season now! can even watch in 3d now (although its terrible when you see some of the misses that were only hinted at when it was all dots)
(2) thanks from:
25-11-2011, 19:46   #530
BeanFlicker

Lads didn't want to start a new thread...

I corrupted my save file, is there any way to fix it or have I caused myself extreme emotional pain?

Any help greatly appreciated
Advertisement
25-11-2011, 22:29   #531
Meglamonia

Where's the cheapest place to buy it?
25-11-2011, 22:34   #532
BeanFlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meglamonia View Post
Where's the cheapest place to buy it?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Man...2260429&sr=8-1

£17
Thanks from:
25-11-2011, 22:39   #533
Meglamonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanFlicker View Post
Brilliant price but can't wait any longer to get it!Has to be done tomorrow
26-11-2011, 00:36   #534
tvercetti

Won the League in the second season at Newcastle, pretty strong squad built, did poorly in the cups. Sir Alex is after retiring and most the Man U coaches were released so I picked up a few of them, strong in that department now too.
After signing Leandro Damiao, needed a top striker. Would love to add Papadopolous (Greek Centre Back from Schalke) too but they want over £25 million.
Advertisement
26-11-2011, 02:42   #535
danniemcq
Filing situations in filing cabinets.

Send a message via MSN to danniemcq Send a message via Yahoo to danniemcq
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanFlicker View Post
Lads didn't want to start a new thread...

I corrupted my save file, is there any way to fix it or have I caused myself extreme emotional pain?

Any help greatly appreciated
any chance you had an autosave set up, you might lose a few matches but you might get lucky
26-11-2011, 03:11   #536
EdenHazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvercetti View Post
Won the League in the second season at Newcastle, pretty strong squad built, did poorly in the cups. Sir Alex is after retiring and most the Man U coaches were released so I picked up a few of them, strong in that department now too.
After signing Leandro Damiao, needed a top striker. Would love to add Papadopolous (Greek Centre Back from Schalke) too but they want over £25 million.
i hope your an unbelievable player coz if not i dont like the sound of that. 2 seasons for a team like newcastle should be solidifying a top 7 place, mayb on the fringes of fourth and with luck mayb somehow sneaking into cl places. i mean chelsea man city united, not including liverpool and arsenal or spurs should be massive obstacles so unless you have a massive budget i think this is unrealistic. in a league like bundesliga mayb where league is even this would make sense but not in england.
26-11-2011, 03:25   #537
tvercetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenHazard View Post
i hope your an unbelievable player coz if not i dont like the sound of that. 2 seasons for a team like newcastle should be solidifying a top 7 place, mayb on the fringes of fourth and with luck mayb somehow sneaking into cl places. i mean chelsea man city united, not including liverpool and arsenal or spurs should be massive obstacles so unless you have a massive budget i think this is unrealistic. in a league like bundesliga mayb where league is even this would make sense but not in england.
if you scroll back to page 33 you can see my first season squad and I took them to second, at the end of the first season theres alot of players going cheap and even free, the likes of anelka, muntari, gago, adebayor, not that i bought all those players. At the moment Arjen Robben is a free agent, Fernando Torres is available for less than 10million and Tevez is available for 5 million (obviously wages will be an issue), in my case i made signings with payment spread out through future initiatives, i will post some squad screenshots in the near future.
26-11-2011, 10:15   #538
roosterman71

Genie Scout 2012 is out now. You can get it here

I won't be able to try until tomorrow (going to cut up some timber to keep me warm for the winter) so let us know if its any good
26-11-2011, 13:53   #539
Sgt Pepper 64

The first 2 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does everyone else find that a lot happens in most games in the first 2 mins?

I'm seeing a lot of early goals, for both sides, injuries that force a sub and players sent off (Usually mine!)

What gives?? Very annoying
26-11-2011, 16:29   #540
gnfnrhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper 64 View Post
The first 2 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does everyone else find that a lot happens in most games in the first 2 mins?

I'm seeing a lot of early goals, for both sides, injuries that force a sub and players sent off (Usually mine!)

What gives?? Very annoying
The most annoying thing that I've found is if you have a goal dissallowed, the opposition will almost always score on their next attack (or shortly thereafter). A double insult

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion