Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-08-2011, 11:47   #31
smileyeyes

Ms2011 I know how you feel on the pregancy books...this hopefully will be our 3rd baby and I am still amazed by the weekly development charts every time I read them and it is impossible not to read a week or 2 or 3 ahead

Fair play to you getting up to work at 4:30am! I'm not surprised you won't miss it...that must have been tough! Best of luck for Tuesday!

Activegal...welcome! My pregnancy symptoms seem to come and go also! I think that is pretty normal so I wouldn't worry. It is tough having to wait for a scan though...every day seems like a week!

Is anyone having very vivid/strange dreams????
Advertisement
19-08-2011, 09:33   #32
Ms2011

8 weeks today and I finally got round to going to the doctors this week, everything checked out fine.
Made my hospital appointment, it's the end of September.
I'm having a private early scan next week though for 2 reasons, 1) I can't wait another 6 weeks to see my baba and 2) OH is dying to tell his sister who lives aboad but is over visiting at the moment, she is due to go home next Friday and he wants to tell her before she goes home, I would like to get the ok from a scan though before I tell anyone
22-08-2011, 19:53   #33
PonyP

Recently found out that I am 8 weeks pregnant and am technically not due until 2 April 2012 but didn't think anyone would mind if I joined this thread!
I am very excited as I have been trying to get pregnant for nearly two years and was convinced that there was something wrong. We had even started going down the fertility testing route.
I don't really feel that different, although my appetite has vanished and I am struggling to eat anything. I don't actually feel like throwing up, just can't seem to eat much.
I have decided to book my appointments with the Coombe and can't wait to have my first scan and start telling people
22-08-2011, 21:09   #34
Ms2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyP View Post
Recently found out that I am 8 weeks pregnant and am technically not due until 2 April 2012 but didn't think anyone would mind if I joined this thread!
I am very excited as I have been trying to get pregnant for nearly two years and was convinced that there was something wrong. We had even started going down the fertility testing route.
I don't really feel that different, although my appetite has vanished and I am struggling to eat anything. I don't actually feel like throwing up, just can't seem to eat much.
I have decided to book my appointments with the Coombe and can't wait to have my first scan and start telling people
Welcome Ponyp, I am 8 weeks 3 days so I just slipped into March by the skin of my teeth
I'll be going to the Coombe also, all going well I am going with the Domino Scheme Midwife lead care, have you had a look at that?
Hope you're feeling better soon, I am so sick in the evenings but it seems to be tappering off during the day, so looking forward to 12 weeks, people have promised me I will start feeling better then, I'll be v.upset if this doesn't happen, I'm counting down the days
24-08-2011, 22:37   #35
Ms2011

Had my early scan today, baba measured right on the money of 8 weeks 5 days and we got to see the lovely heartbeat. It's such a relief to be able to put an image to all the changes going on
We were only planning on telling OH's mother but we ended up telling all of the two families so our secret is offically out which is a relief in a way, no more trying to pick out clothes that hide your bloated belly anymore
Advertisement
28-08-2011, 22:44   #36
PonyP

Hi MS 2011, so happy to hear that the scan went well - wonderful news!

I received the information from the Coombe last week, along with two appointments, one in mid September with the midwife and another in October with the consultant, not sure which of these is the first scan, I am guessing the October one?! Information on the Domino Scheme was included and I am considering it, although as this is my first pregnancy, to be honest, I am a bit bewildered by everything!
So sorry to hear that you are feeling really ill in the evenings, I have been very lucky, apart from feeling a bit tired and not having much of an appetite, I have been grand. In fact, a few people in work have asked me whether I have lost weight recently!! Hopefully, once you reach the 12 week milestone (not much longer to go!), you will be feeling much better!!
30-08-2011, 10:40   #37
Ms2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyP View Post
I received the information from the Coombe last week, along with two appointments, one in mid September with the midwife and another in October with the consultant, not sure which of these is the first scan, I am guessing the October one?! Information on the Domino Scheme was included and I am considering it, although as this is my first pregnancy, to be honest, I am a bit bewildered by everything!
I know how you feel, this is my first pregnancy too and between hospital information, internet information and information from friends and family my head feels like it's going to explode!!!
I got my first midwife appointment in my local Health Centre at the end of Sept and my hospital scan the next day in hospital, I'll be 14 weeks then, it feels ages away
30-08-2011, 16:16   #38
activegal

GOt first scan today with consultant.. we saw spritely little one jumping around in there, with a good heartbeat. Incredible moment, but makes it all more 'real' now... still no sickness or nausea or anything else, so have been quite lucky. Roll on 21st March next year, please god...
(2) thanks from:
16-09-2011, 17:40   #39
Ms2011

Wahoo 12 weeks today, I've made it to the magic number
I know there is no completely 'safe' time but it does help me relax a little more. The only disappointing part is I haven't had any let up in the evening nausea and tiredness that I was promised

Last edited by Ms2011; 16-09-2011 at 17:50.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-09-2011, 09:18   #40
Walls

Right, outing myself and Himself; I'm due in March 2012, early guesses say March 14th. So far no real sickness or pains, just get very tired (and at times a bit weepy).
19-09-2011, 19:33   #41
Ms2011

Welcome Walls, I'm due 30th March. Just getting over the sickness now but can totally relate to tiredness, got 10 hours sleep last night but by 6pm I was back up lying on the bed having a rest
11 days until my first hospital scan, can't wait!!!
Thanks from:
24-10-2011, 20:27   #42
PonyP

Hi March2012 moms to be, noticed nobody had posted in a while so just wanted to check in to see how everyone is getting on.
I had my first consultants visit two weeks ago, all went well and she did a quick scan to make sure baba was okay and I managed to get a little wave! The consultant told me that it was amazing that the baby just moved their hand at the same time she was doing the scan but I like to think that the baby was really waving at me!
Hope everyone is feeling okay, I have got my appetite back and have ended up moving into maternity bras as my usual ones were digging in and didn't fit properly, they are amazingly comfortable, although my husband was pretty horrified at them!
15-03-2012, 12:42   #43
Walls

Yeah, I know I'm bumping the thread - don't care*. Still no baby. Officially due on the 13th, and yet no sign. We had a doc's appointment Monday (12th), and all is well, but I'm hoping that he is in fact okay and that there isn't any underlying reason why I haven't gone into labour yet.

Anyone else in the same boat?

*I'm full of hormones, Pal, do not start with me.

Last edited by Walls; 15-03-2012 at 12:43. Reason: Spelled a word wrong. You startin'?
15-03-2012, 12:50   #44
silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walls View Post
Yeah, I know I'm bumping the thread - don't care*. Still no baby. Officially due on the 13th, and yet no sign. We had a doc's appointment Monday (12th), and all is well, but I'm hoping that he is in fact okay and that there isn't any underlying reason why I haven't gone into labour yet.

Anyone else in the same boat?

[SIZE="1"]*I'm full of hormones, Pal, do not start with me.[/SIZE]
Just be aware that it's quite possible to go 10 days over.
You are only 2 days over yet, baby is obviously comfy where he/she is.

Try and relax and Best of luck.
Thanks from:
16-03-2012, 10:56   #45
estar

same

hi there

im the same - over due - was due on the 14th. but its early days yet as regards being overdue. i have to see the doctor today

have to say its a nice time of year to be off. i was grand until about two days ago, now im absolutely wrecked!! time to peel myself off the sofa and get some groceries in.

best of luck to everyone.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion