Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: What do you think of the walking dead?
My favourite show ever,unbelievably amazing ,very well done, I have little to criticise about. 25 5.91%
Great show, really like it one of the best shows on tv . 178 42.08%
Good, Ill watch it if its on, fairly enjoyable, but so many things could be improved on. 150 35.46%
meh..ok..dont like it dont hate it, watch it if its on, wouldnt care if i missed it though. 26 6.15%
Not very good,could be so much better. quite unhappy with it right now. 34 8.04%
Absolutely hate it, so terrible and has no potential.Couldnt get any worse imo! 10 2.36%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

22-07-2011, 23:45   #46
Ally Dick

It went downhill when they went into the laboratory. Took the focus off the zombies for too long
Advertisement
23-07-2011, 01:49   #47
tvnutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally Dick View Post
It went downhill when they went into the laboratory. Took the focus off the zombies for too long
Yes,that entire one episode was far too long.
23-07-2011, 10:44   #48
bb1234567

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvnutz View Post
New trailer from comic-con

thanks for the video,cant wait. Was that a zombie dogs i saw at 0.40?
oh and loved the music in the trailer,suited the scene so weel,loved it great trailer!
23-07-2011, 12:05   #49
ryoishin

Thats a really good ad. Glad to see they re still using the comic as a basis hopefully not just the bones of the comic.
27-07-2011, 07:26   #50
RichT

Frank Darabont appears to have stood down as 'showrunner'
Advertisement
27-07-2011, 09:08   #51
Basq

Send a message via Skype™ to Basq
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT View Post
Uh-oh..

.. well, maybe it's for the best.

But the fact Frank Darabont was showrunner was the whole reason I got so excited about the show initially.
(2) thanks from:
27-07-2011, 09:25   #52
superfish

I dont understand why so many people are saying it was crap, the whole series was excellent Imo if you liked this watch stake land
Thanks from:
27-07-2011, 09:54   #53
Richard Dower
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT View Post

TWD=RIP?, nah....to much $$$$
27-07-2011, 15:01   #54
Mindkiller
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfish View Post
I dont understand why so many people are saying it was crap, the whole series was excellent Imo if you liked this watch stake land
Nah, it was crap. I can understand liking it if you're only source of TV is Fair City on RTE and repeats of TAHM on paramount comedy but there are still heaps of better shows out there.
Advertisement
27-07-2011, 15:54   #55
superfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindkiller View Post
Nah, it was crap. I can understand liking it if you're only source of TV is Fair City on RTE and repeats of TAHM on paramount comedy but there are still heaps of better shows out there.
let me guess, glee and twilight sure what other zombie Apocalypse tv shows are there out there at the moment ?
27-07-2011, 16:10   #56
Mindkiller
Closed Account

Quote:
let me guess, glee and twilight sure what other zombie Apocalypse tv shows are there out there at the moment ?
So you think that because the zombie apocalypse genre is spare that TWD can be exonerated for being crap? TWD isn't peerless.

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, hell, even Boardwalk Empire are good examples of currently airing shows that deliver far more engrossing story lines than TWD's lame cliched zombie soap opera
Thanks from:
27-07-2011, 16:25   #57
krudler

TWD started brilliantly, the pilot is fantastic, by the end I just wanted everyone to die, not one likeable character, the one who had some bit of development was turned from an anti hero into an attempted rapist, not to mention Mrs Hand Grenade, **** sake
27-07-2011, 17:06   #58
Guy:Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindkiller View Post
Grenades are a crap weapon to use against zombies
To the point where you just chuck them in the bin rather than keep them?
27-07-2011, 17:17   #59
Mindkiller
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy:Incognito View Post
To the point where you just chuck them in the bin rather than keep them?
Well when they ran through that abandoned military base full of guns that would have been a good opportunity to throw away the grenade and grab something more useful. Especially considering the lengths they went to get that bag of guns in the city.
27-07-2011, 17:26   #60
jor el
Closed Account

Quote:
It wasn't complete crap, but looking at all the episodes as a whole, it certainly wasn't excellent. I don't know how anyone could make that statement. The opening episode was excellent, and the final two episodes (which were really jut one episode) were complete drivel. Somewhere in between it went from good to mediocre to terrible. Given that there were only three episodes between episode one and the final two, I'm going to have to say the second was good, the third was mediocre, and the fourth was terrible.

I will watch it when it returns, but the story needs a good kick in the arse (or the writers do) if it's to get back to the class of episode one.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion