Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Poll: if your partner kissed another person.....
Poll Options
if your partner kissed another person.....

20-07-2011, 15:13   #31
py2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee22 View Post
I just seem to attract the cheaters!!
I think its a case of the girls going for the 'bad guy' then realising their mistake later down the road! Give a nice guy a chance!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-07-2011, 16:20   #32
newbee22

The nice guys don't like me!!!!!!
01-08-2011, 22:01   #33
Lippy C

I forgave an ex but we broke up eventually the trust was gone he broke my little heart but that was a very long time ago. If I meet someone and it happens again I would finish it straight away, but im sure there are enough of you nice guys out there somewhere
01-08-2011, 22:18   #34
xoxyx

I'd find it very hard to get over somebody I loved kissing another person.

BUT, people are complicated. Forget quantum physics - people are the most difficult things to understand - ever!

Unfortunately, I think that people cheat more than we realise. Affairs are different, but a snog in a bar can happen all too easily. You may be in the most secure relationship in the world, but God only knows what else is going on in your life, and, a hot girl, or guy, coming on to you might give you a lift that will take you away from your troubles for a while.

I have never cheated on my partner, and I don't think I ever will - because I know I've found the guy I want and I can't look at anybody else. I think he feels the same way. However, nobody can know anybody else inside out.

If I found out that my boyfriend snogged some girl on a drunken night out I'd be heartbroken, but I wouldn't say that it was the end. It would be different if he was hooking up with somebody on a regular basis. But, one kiss, one time. It's a betrayal of trust, but I don't think it spells the end of a relationship.

There are way too many layers to people for anything to be black and white.
01-08-2011, 22:29   #35
Lippy C

xoxyx...yes your words are very true,shocking how many people are having affairs
Advertisement
01-08-2011, 23:00   #36
minidazzler

Send a message via MSN to minidazzler Send a message via Skype™ to minidazzler
Too many factors to take into account for a decision to be black and white.
01-08-2011, 23:51   #37
Abi
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravokivich View Post
If someone was to cheat on me, I'd be questioning why they were with me, if they were getting all over someone else.

There was a girl I went out with nearly 10 or so years ago. She started leaning towards a mate of mine and kinda going out with him as well. She asked me to talk about it and decide what "we" should do. Told her plain and simple that it was her choice to make. Never spoke with her again after she did. Don't know weither or not I would of forgiven her if she choose differently. But it's something I'd want to discuss or understand before making up my mind.
I have to say, you were very lenient Drav. Was it an extremely casual arrangement between you? Jesus, I'd never treat a guy like that. From an outsider pov Drav, you dodged a bullet there. You deserve a lot better than her!

OP, I know you said 'no depends', but the reality is it would matter to some, and not others.

For me, it would be the end. Kissing can be more intimate than sex itself, and thats where the bond lies for me. Kiss someone else and the trust is gone as far as I'm concerned. This sounds kinda pathetic, but if someone else kissed me while I'm in a relationship (definitely not reciprocating!) I'd start crying. It happened to me in a past relationship, and even though I know I didn't do anything wrong, I kept blaming myself for being in that situation at all. I was only chatting away to the guy, but he obviously took things up the wrong way, and I felt like I'd been unfaithful. Took me a while to get over that one.
Thanks from:
02-08-2011, 08:56   #38
Dravokivich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi View Post
I have to say, you were very lenient Drav. Was it an extremely casual arrangement between you? Jesus, I'd never treat a guy like that. From an outsider pov Drav, you dodged a bullet there. You deserve a lot better than her!
Lenient, maybe but then again that was the first I've ever had to deal with something like that so I thought it'd be best to remain calm and cool. I heard from another friend she got really upset because of that. I knew they had started hanging out more often but that didn't concern me at the time. It wasn't until shortly before she wanted to talk to me about it that I'd known of it.

Hasn't really been a bother to me since, this is the most I've thought of it in almost 10 years ;P
Thanks from:
03-08-2011, 22:18   #39
Howard the Duck

If they came clean about it straight away and were truly sorry then i could probably forgive it if i loved them a lot.

If i feel like there is the possibility of me kissing someone else when i am seeing someone then i will finish that relationship, and that's why i'm single right now
Advertisement
04-08-2011, 00:13   #40
Hyperbullet

Dumped without a second thought, and I wouldn't feel a damn bit bad about it.
04-08-2011, 00:28   #41
Snowie
Closed Account

As many of said situation would be my first port of call ie have we bees. An item for long how was she feeling about I who the little rat was who kissed my girl and was she sober and did she want to....

Depending on her answers I draw conclusion but I wouldn't but I would expect a free pass of pussy and blow jobs every morning and for her to learn to enjoy watchin stargate and for her stop watching soaps if I had a gr that is.....

But really down to one thing do I love her do I see a future ?
04-08-2011, 01:15   #42
BarackPyjama
Closed Account

Dumped without a second thought. Life's too short.
04-08-2011, 09:29   #43
py2006

I think its far to easy to say dump straight away when your not in that situation.

If you really care for somebody it may not be that easy to just get up and walk away and never see them again. Although, that is probably what should be done.
Thanks from:
04-08-2011, 15:41   #44
Hyperbullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by py2006 View Post
I think its far to easy to say dump straight away when your not in that situation.

If you really care for somebody it may not be that easy to just get up and walk away and never see them again. Although, that is probably what should be done.
Unfortunately been in that situation and I can honestly say that if it happened again I'd dump the woman in question. Made the mistake of trying to get on with things after it happened before but a betrayal of trust is one of the hardest things to mend.

That's just me though, other lads may want to work on things. I just don't waste my time on untrustworthy people.
Thanks from:
04-08-2011, 16:51   #45
G86
Closed Account

It really does depend on the circumstance. If it was a serious relationship, and I really loved the person, then I might try to get past it. But trying doesn't necessarily mean it'll work, once the trust is gone you're pretty much screwed imo, and it's very hard to build it back up.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion