Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-01-2012, 22:22   #541
massy086

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiRip View Post
Rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1312240

There's an application within the rom called kitchen pro where you can flash themes, kernels, modems, etc.

Kernel

I use Siyah v2.6.6
cheers for that im already on it and its giving me problems like the phone freezing and locking up
Advertisement
29-01-2012, 22:28   #542
AntiRip

Quote:
Originally Posted by massy086 View Post
cheers for that im already on it and its giving me problems like the phone freezing and locking up
You should try wiping every single thing in recovery, factory reset, caches and all that and try reflashing. It really is stable 99% of the time once you give it time.
30-01-2012, 01:09   #543
ChriisM

Heres a video i made for installing ICS (android 4.0) onto the SII , just download them , theres a new leak avalable called LP6 search it and DL it then get CF root kernal and your done then follow the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0C0w...wCbFayAI3ti9N6
04-02-2012, 04:19   #544
squire23

Anyone try the new ICS Samsung leak (XXLPB)? They still seem to be insisting on going forward with the TouchWiz UI. Anyone got a report on it - battery, connectivity, does video playback /recording work on this etc.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1420996
04-02-2012, 07:49   #545
OneWayBet

I flashed it a few days ago and have been using it since.. It's pretty good, no major complaints and pretty much everything works including video playback and face unlock. For me battery life is much better than LP6 which sometimes refused to enter deep sleep. Sometimes an app stops responding and the screen goes black for 20 secs or so but this doesn't happen very often maybe twice a day.
Finally, yes they are sticking with TW but this is not an issue for me as I like it :-)

Last edited by OneWayBet; 04-02-2012 at 07:52.
Advertisement
13-02-2012, 18:37   #546
Ghandee
Closed Account

Anyone on darkys ics based ROM by any chance?

If so, how do you find it?

Ta
Thanks from:
13-02-2012, 20:40   #547
rommy

Ive used darkies rom and its very nice indeed close to stock but much faster but with out a shadow of a dought the best rom for s2 is cm7 i use the nightles from here and have not had one problem http://cyanogenmod.arif-ali.co.uk/rom/
Thanks from:
14-02-2012, 00:24   #548
pedatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommy View Post
Ive used darkies rom and its very nice indeed close to stock but much faster but with out a shadow of a dought the best rom for s2 is cm7 i use the nightles from here and have not had one problem http://cyanogenmod.arif-ali.co.uk/rom/
Hi rommy. Could you go into more detail on the whole nightlies scene? Don't understand what it means and can't get a basic description when I google it. Also that link doesn't work sorry!!

14-02-2012, 01:26   #549
rommy

Hi pedatron the nightlies are released each nite to fix bugs and the like i have to stress these are unofficial nightles as the main cm team is busy cooking up cm9 ics the nightlies are based off of the last stable cm7 rls which can be found here http://www.cyanogenmod.com/about also the link is working for me so not sure why you can get it working.

Last edited by rommy; 14-02-2012 at 01:33.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-02-2012, 08:32   #550
BenThere

Quote:
Hey Rommy,

I was on Darky's when I had the original Galaxy S then tried one or two others before settling for CheckRom with the SII. CheckRom seems to be well supported, is fast and efficient in terms of battery use and has the Kitchen app which allows custom tweaks to be easily made. I guess it's what I'd call a user friendly ROM for those of us with limited technical skills.

I'm now on quite an old version of CheckRom so it's time to upgrade, especially with ICS now unleashed so before I blindly upgrade to the latest CheckRom I'd be interested to get your thoughts on why you think Cyanogenmod is so good, particularly in relation to CheckRom?

I'm the kind of guy who'll update his ROM every 4-5 months or so, I'm not interested in doing it every few days as minor tweaks are added and the most important things for me are that the ROM is stable, fast and is light on battery useage.

I look forward to getting your input.

Ben
14-02-2012, 19:38   #551
rommy

Hi Ben,
Ive never tried CheckRom but only ever heard good things about it im guessing its like darkies rom in that it is close to stock,but offers a faster better rooted rom.Cyanogenmod on the other hand is a AOSP rom so its a diffrent experience,the CM team strip away all the bloat and battery wasting crap that you dont need.I prefer cm mainly becasue of its sheer speed and custom options hope that explains it to you.

Last edited by rommy; 14-02-2012 at 21:48.
14-02-2012, 21:17   #552
CarrickMcJoe

Hi all

Got a samgsung Galaxy a month ago and when I call anyone, they all can hear themselves back on their phones. Any ideas how to solve problem greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

CMcJ
15-02-2012, 08:33   #553
BenThere

Quote:
Hi Ben,
Ive never tried CheckRom but only ever heard good things about it im guessing its like darkies rom in that it is close to stock,but offers a faster better rooted rom.Cyanogenmod on the other hand is a AOSP rom so its a diffrent experience,the CM team strip away all the bloat and battery wasting crap that you dont need.I prefer cm mainly becasue of its sheer speed and custom options hope that explains it to you.
Thanks Rommy, that's a pretty good recommendation.

Is there an idiots guide to installing CM on an already rooted phone?? Which CM ROM would you recommend? Is there a stable ICS version out yet or is it due soon?

Ben
15-02-2012, 13:28   #554
choronzonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThere View Post
Thanks Rommy, that's a pretty good recommendation.

Is there an idiots guide to installing CM on an already rooted phone?? Which CM ROM would you recommend? Is there a stable ICS version out yet or is it due soon?

Ben
CM9 is the ICS version, but it's still in experimental stages. Some people have reported using it as a daily ROM but there are still some relatively large bugs, so it might not be a good place to start for a beginner. Still, you can read about how people are getting on with it here. CM7 is the last stable CM ROM, and I would also recommend CheckRom as it's fantastic and very easy to install and manage. If you're interested, here's a dummies guide to installing it.
20-02-2012, 02:22   #555
squire23

Another new Samsung ICS build has leaked I9100XXLPH
http://blog.gsmarena.com/new-samsung...-benchmark-it/
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size